Extra Easy Just got on the scales and I think I may cry!

oh dear - you poor thing. I know it's all good and well saying step away from the scales but like me, I'm afraid, I cannot bin my scales - I have lived my life long with those scales and I NEED to weigh - my scales are very much the same as official weigh in too or within half a pound or so.

I'd like to send you hugs.

Have you posted a diary for us to see - has you consultant seen your diary?

Keep your chin up - try not to weigh but if you do - try not to get too despondent - at least you are eating healthily and at some point you will lose weight.

IF you need to 'talk' you know we are always here for you.

& GOOD LUCK

When is your official WI? If it's not today then what you see on your scales bears no relation to what the scales will say on WI day

Give yourself the biggest gift possible and ditch your home scales because they are messing with your mind!

Thanks so much for the reply. Honestly, I am so shocked! I went to the worst SW meeings in the world and lost 31/2lb in my first week - had a few weeks off and then joined an amazing meeting - and gained 1/2 lb!
I have planned ahead to make sure I don't screw up - went shopping on Saturday, popped a mugshot in my bag for emergency use, queued in M&S for ages at the cafe only to find they had no beans so I couldnt have a jkt potato and nothing else looked viable, so ordered an undressed side salad and asked for a cup of hot water 'to top up my tea' and promptly popped amugshot in, so no need to panic there.
Went to a wedding last night, so had a good meal before I left in case the buffet wasnt really suitable - there was NOTHING low syn at all, not even a raw carrot crudite - but because I had eaten, I was OK.
So, I honestly am putting the work in. I have totally cut out alcohol, the fridge is full of Syn free food, I am still on board and determined but in all honesty, I dont know how long I can do it if I never lose.
xx

In my first 2 weeks I put on weight mainly because I was not going to the toilet, change of diet I think. Sorry to ask but are you all right in this area or could it be time of the month?

Hi Cordwell! Nope, I poop like a trooper!:eek: And to add insult to injury, my TOTM was the week I started so was actually my start weight!
Its beyond disheartening but I really am hanging on in there, as much as anything because the SW consultant and the group are so lovely!
xx

When is your official WI? If it's not today then what you see on your scales bears no relation to what the scales will say on WI day

Give yourself the biggest gift possible and ditch your home scales because they are messing with your mind!

From reading the thread back your weigh in day is THURSDAY............. its MONDAY today. what the scales show today is irrelevent!
STOP LOOKING
If you really want to keep your scales, you need to ONLY weigh on a thursday at home too. Your weight ( and everybody's) fluctuates, daily even hourly! only weighing at the same time of the week at the same time of day will give you a true reading.
So give yourself a break and stop looking. You'll never see a daily change, it just dont work like that hun.

Have you got a food diary on here for us to all have a look at?
What was your diet like before joining SW??
Your only in your second week, sometimes some people just need a couple of weeks for their bodies metabolism to kick in.
If your still not losing, shake the diet up, different days/weeks etc. It is a bit trial and error to begin with to see what suits YOU.
Stick with the plan and STOP peaking at them scales!!

I Have also found I only loss weight on red no EE.

Back