Just ordered ready to start next week

jellibabe

Hi all,

I have just placed my first S&S order ready to start on Wednesday. I have tried just about every diet and as yet have not found anything I can stick too, I do the whole 'I'm going to diet' and then the minute I get hungry I start questioning if being slim makes me happy, but this time I'm doing it for my health. I'm not sure on my weight as I haven't stepped on the scales for a LONG time but I'm expecting about 15st....
Im a size 18 and they are becoming tight. I'm out of breath, uncomfortable in jeans, my skin is breaking out constantly and I know this is all to do with diet. I'm also so tired all the time and I am getting low and upset about the way I look and feel that it's effecting not only my life but my children as well. I just want to get back to a healthy weight so I can start feeling more human.

So after lots of research and thinking I have gone with this diet. Anyone who wants to join me on this journey please give me a shout, I could really do with a diet buddy :)

Hello! Sounds like you've got the right attitude and are ready to start this diet.
I'm on week 7 and I can honestly say hand on heart that I'm not bored of it yet.
These forums are great for support and getting your feelings out. Try starting a diary on the diaries thread and using that to help you stay on track. Plus there's a recipe thread which helps if you start losing inspiration!
Take it day by day and after the first week - which is the hardest - you'll be fully into the swing of it - plus you get your lovely first weeks weight loss which is a great one!!
There's little challenges on here too which are a good motivator.
My only tip would be to space your 'meals' out. For me I have tea and water all morning until 10am and then I have my first pack, then it's every 4 hours. So I go 10am,2pm,6pm, and have my last one as a hot frothy shake at 9.30/10pm to fill me up before bed. I put extra water in the shakes too.
You're allowed a coke zero or a dr pepper zero and some Ribena plus red apple squash (there's a couple of other flavours you're allowed too, but I'm not sure which ones). So that helps fill the gaps and get the liquid down ya!
Plus a serving of sugar free jelly too.

Good luck and keep us updated on how you're getting on!! Bet you feel excited - I remember that feeling when I took the plunge and ordered my packs!! Xx

Thank you for your kind reply Sammy, you sound like you are doing so well and it's very inspiring. Thank you for the extra tips, super happy to hear I can have a coke zero, I was worried about giving up the fizz hehe. And the sugar free jelly is a great help also, will just have to fight to kids for it first.

I start on Wednesday so a few days to plan meals first but so excited to start! I really hope I like the taste of the shakes and food I have bought. Do you have favourites?

I have a few favourites. I did the Cambridge diet before and some are similar and some much nicer! I really like the caramel, hazelnut and chocolate ones hot. The banana one hot is nice too. Infact the only one I don't like is the mint chocolate.
As for the soups and meals. I like the spag bols and chilli but not the others (I'm not a pasta or cheese fan either!!)
BUT the bars are like omg amazing!! Really yummy!!

Oh you can have babybel light I think (double check how much!) and instead of milk allowance you can have 100g Fage Greek yoghurt.

There's quite a variety!!
I've got a sweet tooth so my favourites were always gonna be bars and shakes! ;)

Hi Jelli! Good luck for Wednesday and the weeks ahead. I am busting out of my 18s too at the moment, I am starting slim and save tomorrow for the 2nd time. I really enjoyed it, and it gets really easy after the first few days. I went wrong by having a week off, that led to being months and months off plan.

I also convince myself that I shouldn't be on a diet as soon as I start to struggle, so thats why I have already decided I am doing it til xmas eve no matter what :) No excuses.

Good luck!

Sammy, sound just like me. I have a total sweet tooth and when I placed my ordered I just went straight for the bars, had to make sure I had a chocolate fix each day. I just ordered the chilli, spag Bol and the Thai soups and then banana, strawberry and vanilla shakes... A bit boring I know but Didn't want to get anything I might dislike in the first week and be tempted to give up because I have nothing else to eat hehe.

hi Lottie, thanks for you message and good luck starting back on it tomorrow, Im glad I'm not alone with the bursting out of my clothes, in fact I managed to split my jeans yesterday right in front of my ex husband lol, lucky for me a manged to back out of the room so he didn't see. Roll on the next few weeks when hopefully I can get back into the 22 pairs of jeans I currently own but can not fit into!!!

Oh and I weighed in because I had to enter my weight while setting up my S&S accounts :( it was worst than I though at 15st12lb. I'm shocked and even more determined as I have gained 2 stone in less than 2 years!!!!! If I carry on the way I'm going I would be nearly 18 stone on my 30th birthday so it's defo time to turn this around

Well done for facing the scales xxx

I put on 2st 10lb in just over 17 months, so with you exactly I'm saying goodnight to day 11 now and then I've not been hungry, find weekends hard as I work all week 6:30-6:30, then the weekend is my time to kick back!

Good . Luck, the only shake I don't like is vanilla it's got a really funny smell that makes me gag haha! But strangely can drink it (not ordering again though!!) Chill is my favourite but can't really eat is for breakfast!!!

Xxx all the best

Have a play about with some of the shakes. I pop a shot of coffee in sometimes to give it a boost. And ice in the blender makes them thick and frothy. Yum yum.
Well done for facing the scales. It's best to know and to start dealing with it head on. Your first week will take you close to 15 as it's a big loss that week. Good luck xx

Hi Jellibabe, Have you started this week or is it on Monday (21)? I am going to start next week and wondered if you have a diet buddy? I have about 3 stone (ideally nearer 4) to lose and sound in the same boat as you. I have to do something about this as I hope to change jobs and need to have a healthy BMI.

Hi Emmie, I haven't been on here for a few days as we haven't got any broadband at home at the moment, apparently when they dug up the road they cut the phone line to our house :(
i started on Wednesday so on day 3 now :) have you started yet?

Hi thanks for the reply, I didn't know you had replied! I will get the hang of this soon sorry! I am starting on Tuesday 22 so would love to buddy with you. How is your first week going? I'm up with a sick 3 year so thank goodness for phone Internet in the middle of thr night. Would love to hear how you are doing, I'm feeling a bit daunted with everything!

Hi, I have just received my first package and am starting tomorrow? I am really excited but also a little apprehensive as to the side effects I may get. How has everyone managed in the first week?
Xx

Hi there,
To be honest apart from hunger pangs I was fine!! On Cambridge I had all sorts but on this s+s I was fine. I had a day a few weeks in where I felt cold. Nothing a jumper couldn't fix!!
I know it's quite common to have headaches, feel cold and the obvious hunger. Wrap up, have paracetamol at the ready and distract yourself loads and you'll be fine!!
Good luck!!! :)

Xx

Back