Just started 790....Whats the average loss on this plan? :)

Hi everybody!

Nice to mee you all. Im Kendra, and i have just started 790.
I have just left LL where i was cheating all of the time! :( So im hoping this plan will work alot better for me, and so far so good :D

I was just wondering what kind of meals people eat on here, and what are the 'average' losses? Is a stone a month still achievable? PLEEEEZE say yes! lol :eek:

Im 5'1 and currently weigh 12st 2lb. Id love to be 8stone or even 8 1/2 :p And i really want to do this by July! Am i being unrealistic? Im drinking on average 5-6litres of plain water a day, and only having 2packs rather than 3. Plus a small meal of cabbage and fish.

Thank you all :)

Kendra xxxx

You should really be having 3 packs as you need the nutrients and vitamins in these ... otherwise you might get ill!!

Meal sound good ... the losses on 790 are an average of 12lbs a month so I guess your goal is pretty achievable if you stick to it!! But you MUST have 3 packs a day!!

Sorry can't help as I don't do the 790 plan but just wanted to say welcome and good luck on your journey with CD :)

Thank you ladies! :)

Wannabeslim, ok i will have my 3packs then :eek:
I just REALLY want to be at goal by July, its sooo important 2 me. But i promise i will be having 3packs from now on! lol

xxxx

Hey Kendra!! welcome!!

I'm with everyone else on the packs......eat them ALL!!! If you eat less it can actually hinder your losses.

As its been said, the losses are around 12lbs a month......but by my way of thinking it might be a little less.....let me explain.

You are eating 790 calories a day....the average female needs 2000 a day...so each day your deficit is 1210, multiplied by 7 = 8470 for the whole week.

1lb of fat loss requires you to use 3500 cals over what you normally do soooooo it works out as 2.4lbs per week. If its a 4 week month this is 9.7lbs (rounded up)

xx

Hey Kendra!! welcome!!

I'm with everyone else on the packs......eat them ALL!!! If you eat less it can actually hinder your losses.

As its been said, the losses are around 12lbs a month......but by my way of thinking it might be a little less.....let me explain.

You are eating 790 calories a day....the average female needs 2000 a day...so each day your deficit is 1210, multiplied by 7 = 8470 for the whole week.

1lb of fat loss requires you to use 3500 cals over what you normally do soooooo it works out as 2.4lbs per week. If its a 4 week month this is 9.7lbs (rounded up)

xx

Baffled the heck outa me coley, but hey it sounds good!

sorry! the maths is the only thing that makes sense to me!! weight loss can be so random at times that I have to think in maths land and think that the extra big losses come from the extra excercise and stuff people are doing.....

It is easier to say about 12lbs a month though and it will be closer to that in a 5week month!!

I've only been doing 790 for a short while. I'm in week 5 now. All in all I'm fairly pleased with my losses. My hubby is also doing it and he lose just short of 2 stone in 4 weeks. I know that included the initial big weight loss but pretty amazing all the same. I'm sure you'll get on great with it. Good Luck.

I was just wondering what kind of meals people eat on here, and what are the 'average' losses? Is a stone a month still achievable? PLEEEEZE say yes! lol :eek:

Hiya Kendra, Welcome with regards to the amount of weight you will lose.

I started off on the 1200 for 3 weeks then because I was tempted to cheat I moved directly to the 790 I have to say that it is the best diet I have ever been on you feel really good about not cheating during the day and when you are at your weakest (well me anyway) at night you can have a small meal.

I split my protein up into chicken/turkey and cottage cheese and salad leaves most days, as I find the chicken on its own too dry, I did poach some cod in part of my milk allowance which was very nice.

I have a shake for brekkie, tetra for lunch (work) and another shake after my meal in the evening, or I make my last shake into a mousse which is very nice.

My first week I lost 8lbs despite being on and losing on the 1200 and I have averaged 4lbs a week since so yes for me a stone a month is perfectly achievable but most do average 12lb it all depends on your body.

Good luck with it and I know that you will find the weight will fly off.

xx

Aww ladies thank you all so much for your support and kind words. :D

Poohbear - I hope you are right, and i do reach my goal by July. :p

Coley - Thank you for the maths explanation! lol I kinda got what you were saying lol :eek:

Soraya - great losses hun, im sure you will be back on track in no time!

Tiara - Keep up the excellent work hun, you are doing fab!!

Mama caz - Very well done! Your having the losses im hoping for! lol I was just wondering if cod is ok to have as part of my meal? Thats what i had last night with cabbage and really enojoyed it :)

Thanks
Kendra xxx

here are my losses below in signiture!

:eek: G1981 - FANTASTIC LOSSES!!!!

God i hope i lose as much as you!! :D lol
If you dont mind me asking, what do you normally eat hunnie? What packs, and what meal? Also, how much water do you average a day?

Sorry for 21 questions, but i REALLY NEED to do this! And if i knew some of your secrets, im sure i will! lol :p

Kendra xxxx

PS, Im loving this diet!!!!!! :D Soooo glad i switched from LL! :eek:

I'm happy to tell you what hubby and I eat on 790.

I usually have a CD bar in the morning, then a soup for lunch. In the evening I'll have another soup then our meal which consists of...

a chicken breast, usually diced and coated with seasoning of some sort. I'd eat the same all the time but hubby gets bored and likes different seasoning each night. we'll sometimes use curry powder, cajun spices or anything else that takes out fancy. Anyway just rub in the seasoning and leave it for a while to soak in. The just throw it on the George foreman. Or if you prefer it more moist wrap it in tinfoil and stick in the oven. You could also put this together with your veg and make kebabs.

Something else that my sis suggested to me but I haven't tried yet, Use your milk allowance in the form of natural yoghurt mixed with curry powder...or maybe paprika? and coat the chicken and grill.

I have to admit we are not strict about the amount of veg that we eat. We don't have a huge plateful or anything but I'm not strict on measuring out the right amount of tablespoons. We always weigh the chicken. Often a chicken breat is less than allowance but we check to make sure its not more than. We go through tonnes of pickled red cabbage. It's nice just to add colour on your plate. I also love mashed turnip with lots of pepper. Sometime we just have plain chicken salad...I use a very low fat vinigarette dressing. Just a little bit to take the plainness away.

Be careful with buying ready cooked chicken. We found out after having loads of it that the kind we were buying was cooked in brown sugar coating. It looked so innocent too.

I have also chosen to ignore the milk allowance after seeking advice from various sources including on here. I am not suggesting that you do this and you may find that you need your milk for coffee etc but here's my reasoning...

As long as you take 3 packs a day you are giving yourself 115% of the RDA of calcium and every other nutrient for that matter. Those on SS are being told they can't have the milk so therefore it must be safe not to have it. No one including CD HQ who I emailed regarding this has given me a satisfactory scientific reason for having the milk. CDHQ told me if I didn't use the milk then to use the calories elsewhere eg such as in extra chicken. But why??? It doesn't make sense to me.... except for if you were using 790 as a step up from SS into maintainance. Then obviously you are trying to increase your calorie intake.

I have noticed others on here doing AAM week every week and this is a similar idea but I have a bit more to eat. Somewhere between AAM and 790.

I have to say that after being told to have 250g of natural yoghurt instead of milk allowance, I forced it down last week...I only lost 2lbs. I have now stopped the yoghurt and we'll see what this weeks weigh tells us on Tuesday.

Sorry for the long post. I just thought I would share my experiences. I'm NOT saying that what I've said is right but I do feel that it's right for me.

I think some people might think I give myself too much freedom but hey, I'm losing and this is the 1st diet I have EVER stuck to for longer than a week. I don't feel hungry, I enjoy my meal in the evening and I am losing weight.

BTW Hubby has lost 2 stone in 4 weeks this way....He does use his milk although not all of it. He likes a milk in his coffee.

Good Luck.

Tx

Hiya TM and Kendra.,

I don't use all my milk allowance either, I have a decaf coffee first thing in the morning when I get up, old habits die hard. Then I will have my brekkie shake + glass of water.

Then I will drink water until 2.00pm when I have my tetra.
Sometimes I will have another coffee around 4.00pm then water again until around 6.30pm when I have my meal and then my last shake around 8.30pm. I drink between 3 & 3.5 litres of water a day. If I drink half of my milk in a day then that is it.

Another plus yesterday I got my wedding and engagement ring back on no problem first time I have been able to wear them in 17 years. Although I have known my CDC around 7 years it is the first time she has seen them as well. So I am a happy bunny today.

xx

Wow, you are doing fab Carolyn, You must be so delighted to be reunited with your rings. I was married last year ( I wish I'd discovered CD before then) Anyway, My rings are starting to get loose now!! I think I might have to buy temporary rings, even just a silver band and I'll have my rings sized once I'm at target weight.

Hi Tiara and Mama Caz!!

Great to have your replys, its great to read so much inspiring stuff :D

Your almost the same as me tiara with regards to what you eat. I have lots of water throughout the day (usually around 6litres) i have my first pack at around 3pm which is half a bar. Then at around 5.30pm i have my meal, which so far ive had the same for 3days Seasoned cod fillet with spicy cabbage with a shake, then at about 7pm i have a tetra then at 8-9pm i'll have the other half of my bar. It works really well for me to do it that way as im at home all day with my son, so its quite easy to get bored and tempted! So i start my packs later in the day. Im having chicken tonight though, with mushrooms. Are those big mushrooms allowed?? lol Cant remember what they are called :eek:
I dont have any kind of milk either, i dont drink it anyway so im fine in that sense.

Mama Caz - Very well done hunnie on getting your rings back on! That must have felt soooo good :D I bet your husband is so proud of you too! up the great work, you are doing SO well!!!! xx

Thank you both for helping me out! :p

Kendra xxxx

I would have thought mushrooms are mushrooms! I'd have them anyway. What do you spice your cabbage with?

Back