Just started and struggling already :(

I am too scared to stand on the scales until next sat! I just want to get through day 2 then day 5 and get to sat without depressing myself!
Glad to know you are able to lose while taking the gum, I always blamed it for my lack of weight loss every other attempt.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Nice to read the postings here.

BBurdus:

I add spices, fresh herbs, pepper etc to my sachets. Alizonners also use the green tops of spring onions - so my husband has lots of white bits of green onions in his meals at the mo!

I'm cool with regular weighing so do weigh at home. You have to be sure you won't get upset when the scales get stuck. I've also had been results at the clinic sometimes than I'd had at home. It isn't a staright line game - sometimes it slows down and sometimes speeds up.

Tan:

I was over 21 stone and size 26-28. Now 3 months on, size 22 and 17 stone. I have kept to the Alizonne programme which includes salad and veggies and 50+ sorts of sachets that make shakes and savoury meals too. I don't think the it's ok to cheat mindset helps. How do you draw a line between what's Ok and what isn't? I rationalise it by thinking what a short period it takes to shed the weight compared to the length of time I've been fat. I'm the slimmest I've been this century. I drink sparkling water and say no to nibbles at parties, and decline cake at friend's houses. I don't think I've had 3 months without alcohol since the mid 1970s when I was a teenager.

Re water:

Drink little and often.

Don't screw up your body chemistry by drinking a litre at a go. That's dangerous.

I paced myself when I started with a medium sized bottle - which I drank between each of the 5 sachets a day. It's now second nature to drink lots.

Thinking back over the past 3 months, and ahead to the next 4-6 months, I am suprised that I have struggled with other diets in the past. I have noticed from those who are successful at goal, that they keep their nutrition as a really important thing in their life, monitor their weight and take action if they increase by 2lbs. I am determined to stay at goal - even though I don't know whether goal will be 10 or 12 stone. It will depend on how I look and feel when I get there!

So good luck, all you lovely newbies, and congratulations on your great starts. Be kind to yourselves, acknowledge that the loss of 50 or 60 or more lbs starts with the loss of a few, and have a lovely bath and pamper session this evening.

Ali

Thanks for that. I do like to spice things up a bit as I am a spicy eater. Read elsewhere someone added curry spices to the cottage pie sachet and that sounds good also.

I just bought some new spices for indian meals as have used all mine up! Just off to use some!

Ali

I agree, when I up the water then I do better, although saying that I have not been good with the water this weekend.

Well done, newbies... from another newbie... I am almost at the end of week 3.... so far, I have lost 22lbs and overall 14.5inches (the bulk of that from my waist and hips.. ) ... it's hard but so, so worth it!

I find 'visual' support the best thing... look through mags, cut out pics of clothes you love or things you want to do but don't as you're waiting until you're thin... and when things got really bad, read some of the 'old school' early diaries, particularly Tara's (and mine!)... not out of any sense of schadenfreude but it helps so much to realise that you are not alone!

Wow, that's averaging 7.4lb each week! Fabulous! I will now go read your diary!

Wow, FHTE, great results!

Ali

Just want to add that today I feel on top of the world :D what a difference 3 days makes. I cheated a bit over the weekend as we had a mothers day lunch and I didnt want family remembers to know about the vcld and get criticised. I ate some quorn roast slices, 2 small roast potatoes,cabbage and broccoli with a dribble of gravy and just had 2 shakesthe rest of the day. I weighed myself again this morning and I've gone down another lb so lost 8lb since thursday :D I don't feel starving today and have loads of energy so I think I must be in ketosis :D so glad I didn't give up on day 2

How did everyone else's weekend go?

biggusburdus said:
Wow! I am a size 20 and to get into 16's in a couple of months would be an AMAZING feeling! Well done for that! Gives me a lot of hope that!

I started at size 18-20 and now 11 week in I'm wearing size 12 :)

Just want to add that today I feel on top of the world :D what a difference 3 days makes. I cheated a bit over the weekend as we had a mothers day lunch and I didnt want family remembers to know about the vcld and get criticised. I ate some quorn roast slices, 2 small roast potatoes,cabbage and broccoli with a dribble of gravy and just had 2 shakesthe rest of the day. I weighed myself again this morning and I've gone down another lb so lost 8lb since thursday :D I don't feel starving today and have loads of energy so I think I must be in ketosis :D so glad I didn't give up on day 2

How did everyone else's weekend go?

Yay! Well done!

Wow L2L that's fantastic! You must be so proud! What an achievement.

I am on day 3 and struggled with first day back at work. Had a S&S Musli bar when I got home as I felt rubbish. Not sure if it's the TOTM, the diet headaches or the fact the old man is doing a nighter tonight..

tan1 said:
Help what should I do I've just fainted, low blood sugar? Should I eat something?

Not sure maybe someone more experienced can help?

tan1 said:
Help what should I do I've just fainted, low blood sugar? Should I eat something?

Your blood sugar shouldn't be low on SnS unless you have type 1 diabetes - in which case you shouldn't be on a VLCD. Have you eaten your packs evenly spread through the day? Have you been doing extensive exercise? I would suggest that you talk to your doctor about it.

Don't forget you can eat 100g of chicken and 200g of veg :) That's not cheating :)

Keep with it. I'm at the end of my first week and I've lost 7lb. I'm delighted!

As someone else said, don't give up in the first few days - it gets easier and it helps that the food is quite yummy too!

Good luck :)

I've never felt faint on this diet but I'd probably try splitting the shakes and bars into 2 so that I had something to eat more regularly during the day, at least initially. If I did faint I'd probably eat some protein to help with energy levels and it won't take you out of ketosis. Hope you're ok.

Your blood sugar shouldn't be low on SnS unless you have type 1 diabetes - in which case you shouldn't be on a VLCD. Have you eaten your packs evenly spread through the day? Have you been doing extensive exercise? I would suggest that you talk to your doctor about it.

I'm not diabetic and i had 2 shakes one at breakfast and one a lunchtime. No exercising either. I was very hungry though and was just about to have another shake. I have now had a small bowl of tofu and vegetable Stirfry with a little oil so that should sort me out without going out of ketosis(I hope)

I'm not diabetic and i had 2 shakes one at breakfast and one a lunchtime. No exercising either. I was very hungry though and was just about to have another shake. I have now had a small bowl of tofu and vegetable Stirfry with a little oil so that should sort me out without going out of ketosis(I hope)

I've not felt faint on this diet, but to be honest I couldn't cope if I was just on the shakes. I feel that the porridge and other meals - spag bol, cottage pie etc - are more substantial.

Hope you feel better.

Back