Just started Atkins..

I've spent most of my life abroad Percy, firstly as an army brat and then as a soldier. I've only lived in England since I left the army back in '93. We are going to live in France when we do retire completely. My Kids are well grown up now, The boy works for DEFRA as an environmental scientist and my daughter is a Sergeant with West Midlands Police.

You must be very proud of them both. France or spain, we haven't decided yet. A few more years to go as james is only 14....but already looking forward to it.

I bet you are mate. Just been to the Cafe and had a big fry up, I love Atkins. :)

Good morning all, here is my Atkins dinner last night, A big steak and 7 different steamed veggies with Olive Oil drizzled over. Yummy.

breakfast.jpg

Morning Jim, looks lovely, I had Chicken and stir fry cabbage, celery and onions, very nice but I didn't take any pictures....
I'm on the train now going to London. Had some cooked Ham for breakfast in the car. It's much easier travelling on this one rather than carrying shakes, blenders and water everywhere..what a nightmare that was.
Anyway, will be pulling into KX in about 10 mins, so bye for now..

Morning Percy, hope you have a good day in London.

Morning Jim, it was ok, I didn't have wifi on the train coming back, so didn't catch up with my email, hense up at stupid o"clock today catching up!
I've managed to stick to the plan so far, found it really easy, just had a quick peak on the scales and have lost 2.5lb since I started on Saturday, so really pleased as I've been on VLCD since August and thought I might put on first.
I've got Chicken out of the freezer for lunch and steak for dinner, I'm at home for the rest of the week so it makes it alot easier to plan, although you can get bacon and egg anywhere.
have a good 'un!

Morning all.

I'm now 2lbs under my posted weight, I'm staying on strict induction until Christmas eve as I know I will (cough) over indulge during Christmas week. :)

Hi Percy, how was London, I lived in Woolwich for a couple of years when I was stationed at the MOD. Most night's I'd have a drink at the Chandos pub on my way back home. Good times.

Mmm, didn't manage a pint but Head office is in Wandsworth. So it's down on the train and across on the tube. There was a real buzz at King Cross, people heading home laden with cases. Glad I'm having a quiet one this year.
I intend on over indulging aswell, induction is going well. I've had my Bacon and egg for breakfast and am just going to put the kettle on.
I work from home alot, so have to be disaplined and start work at 9am! Still not long to go now...

I worked from home once when I worked for Sanderson Solutions as an IT Consultant, I was NOT very disciplined. ;)

Coffee break as it's 10am-How about that for disapline? not had a min since I started, good to still be busy I guess. I sell exhibition stands and have a few deals to close ready for shows early next year, so until Friday at least, lots to do.

Well done Percy, I hope it's decaf as your doing Atkins. ;)

Morning, managed another whole day on plan yesterday. My old blue jeans fit again and do up, I will have to get some new clothes in the new year, but lets get christmas over with first..
Decided to lay off the Cider altogether, buying Magners for the other half as I don't like it, and willstick to Red or Mulled over the festivities.
Got a couple of do's to go to but have offered to drive, they're all buffets so it's easy to avoid the wrong things..
Have a good day.

I found that South Beach Diet was a bit of an easier alternative to Atkins. It allows for "good" carbs after the first phase, and it just seemed less intense when i originally looked into low carb diets. It worked for me the first time around.. 10 lbs in 2 weeks! (that was during the 1st phase - the most intense and I was working out 30 min+ every day)
Give it a shot - the book is easy to follow and has good recipes!

Hi all, I'm joining you all from CD forum. I can't seem to stick to it at the min, so am swapping to Atkins until new year.
I love the Atkins, it is an easy diet for me to stick too.
I've lost 1lb since I started on thursday, so am made up with that.

I'm very excited about christmas & all the food!

Hi Zobo, morning all.

I'm back on induction again after a blowout on Saturday night. I haven't gained but I do need to be down a few pounds before the gluttony season sets in. :)

You sound like me Jim, said I was going to lay off the Strongbow/Stella, but it hasn't worked this weekend. I still seem to have lost 1lb, but know I'll have to stop the pints and be good otherwise I'll be in trouble and my new jeans won't fit in January.
Last working day today, at home but a few things to do then finish. Off the the allotment tomorrow to get the sprouts, leeks, parsnips etc then feet up and cheesy films...
Have a good one.

I didn't go illegal Percy, just ate and drank way to much. ;) I wan't to grow my own veggies, I don't have time but I will when I retire. I do grow a lot of my own herbs though mate.

That's all right then. As for the allotment there's 3 of us who share it, me and my two sisters. 1 sister does most the work as she works less hours, but I always go and the weekend for an hour or two, and home grown are the best. Something about eating your own brussels....

do home grown sprouts make you less gassy Percy ;)

Back