Just started Atkins..

No they don't, but they do taste everso sweet.....Hopefully everyone will be too busy enjoying the afternoon to notice the smell from the OH......

LOL, nice one percy. I just heated up some Atkins stew for lunch. Very tasty.

What a disaster, somethings eaten the sprouts - watch out for airbourne smells over Lincolnshire! On a more positive note, the parspips and leeks are beautiful. Got the tates (even though I don't eat them) and all shopped up now for Chrimbo.
Have a good one..

Something has eaten the sprouts, oh no Percy. Ah well, never mind. I'm just tidying up my desk before we finish today. I'm down 4lbs on posted weight so I'm happy I've prepared for the feast. :) All the staff in the office have bought in goodies to eat today, so the pig out starts here. Have a good one mate.

Morning all, so did we survive Christmas? I'm up a couple of pounds but my stomach is huge. :(

Morning Jim. Only put 1lb on, but feel really bloated. Today's going to be the killer, got 3 parties to go to today.....Still the first one starts at 2pm, and I won't be having a drink until we get to the last one at 6ish as I will be driving until then.
Planning on starting again tomorrow and finishing the job as soon as possible.
Happy New Year.

I am bloated as well Percy, only 1 party for fortunately. Happy new year and see you next year. :)

Morning, somehow managed to stay the same after all that. Back to work this morning and on the train going to London. Starting again this morning, want to lose two more stone and then I'll be over the moon. I've given up drinking aswell, instrument of the devil I've decided. Not that I've had any hangovers, but did feel a bit fluffy first thing yesterday.
Have a good one....

Hi percy, you did better than me, I'm up 4lbs and back on induction today. I'm not giving up drinking though ;)

I struggled with the drinking JIm, but only had 4 pints and a chinese LOL.....No hope for me. Might have the weekend and start on MOnday. Just sorted out the fridge and am going to write a shopping list to help me prepare.
Have a good weekend

Morning, I have managed to shift 2 pounds over the weekend, I'll soon be back to posted weight. You have to love Atkins don't you. :)

love reading the exchanges between you guys, Percy and Jim! Its lovely... please keep posting! Great journeys to witness, one maintaining and one losing but both supporting each other! Lovely...

xxx

Actually, I think Percy is a figment of my imagination CD ;)

ah bless!

jim whats in atkins stew? i am intrigued... i use a low carb diet to maintain my loss from camb diet and am always looking for new recipes and i love comfort food like stews!

It's just what I call it CD, basically a stock cube, a pint of water, meat of your choice and then as many green leaf veggies that you can find. Mine generally has shredded cabbage, shredded kale, spinach leaves, Choi sum, pak choi (when I can get them), celery and fennel. I use a lot of Garlic and Chillies but that personal choice. :)

I just dump some olive oil in a pan fry the meat and then add the stock and veggies, bring to the boil and season to taste.

ooh lovely, i love cabbage and pack choi. i may have a go with this!
def cold outside today so need to feel warm inside lol.
thanks Jim! x

I usually get my biggest pan out and make this on a Sunday, that way I always have recourse to a quick and legal meal any time I am pushed for time. I have been know to nuke a bowl for this for breakfast CD. :) You need to squeeze as much veggies in the pan as you can as well. I have don this with pretty much every meat going, not chicken though, I'm not a fan of chicken.

Never been called figment before but I like it! (LOL)
Started yesterday and all went well but for some reason I feel really bloated. I had boiled egg for breakfast.
Home made Chicken and Leek soup for lunch and Haddock and green salad for dinner. Drank 4 pints of water and about 6 cups of decaf coffee. ANy reason why I feel like I've eaten 7 loaves of bread and the fishes???

Morning Percy, um, now if you were female I could answer that mate. ;)

It's freezing here mate, -4 in Birmingham.

Hi Jim, Hope this doesn't ruin a beautiful friendship but I am female. Real name Mandy, age 41.
Sorry didn't even think about whether I was a bloke or not, just being me. All my mates call me Percy Greenfingers as I spend a lot of time on the allotment and in the garden, but it's just a nickname.

Now to put you on the spot " I am a woman" so now you can answer the question!

Back