Just started LT

Just got back from my second weigh in and lost another 7lb, so that is 19lb in 13 days im well happy only 1 more stone to go till im at my target, hope everyone else is doing well:)

jamie.

i have honestly only had the shakes and water and the odd cup of green tea and thats it. it really does work if you do it properly.

Fantastic.....19lbs.....I'm thrilled with 9lbs lost. I lost 5 the first week and 4 the second. For me that is AMAZING coz diets simply dont work for me.......that is up until now.

Well done again.

wow another fab loss.....the guys seem to loose a lot quicker than the gals!!! Well done again.

Well done Jamie! Its true, men seem to lose quicker, its not fair!!

hi there,
Just after a bit of info really, wanna know what type of foods work for you ppl to stay in ketosis, i have a meal friday night really dont wanna eat anything but will have to:mad:, i just wanna eat the minimum i can but not ruin 15 days of hard but pleasurable work, PLEASE HELP

jamie

Hi Jamie, I posted the below info earlier in this thread!

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT HAVE ALCOHOL! It can be lethal, this is serious. You really must not have alcohol whilst you are in ketosis. Stacey posted a thread (on CD forum I think) explaining the science :)

I would stick to things like:

Chicken, turkey, meat, cottage cheese, quorn, tofu

Green vegetables, salad, mushrooms

No bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, cereals etc

You might be ok with eggs, I'm not sure of the carb content, you could google it

I would recommend you have your 2 LT packs as well to ensure you are getting all of your RDA of vitamins etc

If you eat something then feel very hungry, it means you have kicked yourself out of ketosis, so I woud tread quite carefully!

Hopefully this will get you through the week away ok!

You should be able to get it from your chemist. It works like a pregnacy test......you pee on it!! If its pink/purple you know you are in ketosis. I believe you can also buy them off ebay, but I'd ask your chemist first.

the alcohol dont bother me at the moment i can live without it, but im sure my girlfriend wont let me live! if i dont have a meal with her parents:D, is fish ok????, i know i probably sound a bit dumb but this meal is worrying me and id be pi**ed off if i messed it up, because all going well i only need to do this diet for 3 1/2 more weeks till im were i wanna be

jamie

Hi Jamie, yes, white fish is fine, just avoid salmon!
I know how you feel, its frustrating if you really cannot get out of something, and after all the effort you put into it, it would be awful to mess up all the hard work!
Watch out for dressings and seasonings - if you are going to a restaurant I would say your safest bet is to ask for them to do you just plain grilled fish or chicken, and a green salad, maybe some broccoli or something. Steer clear of leeks and onions as they are high in carbs!
You'll soon be at goal, thats wonderful!

Salmon is quite high in fat, but you will still stay in ketosis if you have it. You could eat it freely on Atkins and that diet works through Ketosis (but high fat!!)....as a one off you will be fine having it, but if there is a low fat, low carb alternative then that would be better.......as obviously lipotrim works on both low fat and low carb.

Hope this helps.

i have just got some ketostix from the chemist, am i expecting them to turn dark purple or is any colour of purple good?

Jamie - on AAM & 790 plan on CD, which keeps you in ketosis, you are *not* allowed salmon, so if you want to minimise the effects that eating will have I would recommend you not to eat it at the weekend, its not worth it. Atkins isnt the same thing as a VLCD at all and they must not be confused!!!!

Re ketostix, the only time the stick should show a deep colour purple/pink is first thing in the morning. This is when you wake up, having not drunk overnight, and so you are dehydrated. Its best to test in the morning; as you go through the day, you drink more and more water and the results you get will be weaker - many people will show a negative result by afternoon even if they are still in ketosis, if they are drinking plenty of water. If you show a deep purple/pink colour late other than first thing then you are showing signs of dehydration and need to get more water down you! There is a shade guide on the side of the tub.

thanks for the info, i love salmon AAARRRRGGGGHHH. i just expected the stick to be deep purple but now i understand! sorry for all the questions

jamie

weight.png

Back