Just started LT

JJ811

Hey there.

Just started lipotrim last sunday i seem to be one of only a few males doing it, i only need to get rid of 2 stone just my belly, the first fewdays have been quite ok actually not as hard as i thought the worst bit is lying in bed at night and all i can think about is fav foods :mad: appart from that its sound going for my first weigh in on sat so hopefully good results. can anyone tell me if it is ok to revert to the maintenance program after 3 weeks of doing the TFR program, just for a few days, the reson i am asking this is my g/f parents have invited us over to there country to stay and i dont want to seem disrespectfull to them if i dont eat the tinyest thing. any advice would be golden

thanks jamie

Hi Jamie , can you see forum jump , top blue bar ? well click on it and it has LT there click on that and should help you .

Hey there.
can anyone tell me if it is ok to revert to the maintenance program after 3 weeks of doing the TFR program, just for a few days, the reson i am asking this is my g/f parents have invited us over to there country to stay and i dont want to seem disrespectfull to them if i dont eat the tinyest thing. any advice would be golden

thanks jamie

Hi Jamie and welcome :)
Well, as regards going onto maintenance after 3 weeks, I'm not qualified to tell you what to do ;) but just as an example, on Cambridge Diet (which is the same sort of programme) after doing 4 weeks of Sole-sourcing you have to do what is called an Add A Meal week anyhow. This means that every day in addition to your shakes you have a very small amount of chicken/cottage cheese/tofu/quorn plus green veg. Bearing this in mind, I think you would be fine to add some food but personally would recommend that you keep away from carbs altogether, simply because they will take you out of ketosis and therefore you'll waste several days waiting to get back into it again!!

I just did an Add A Meal week and still lost 3lb that week, so you can still lose weight whilst you are doing this!

so if i do eat but just not carbs i will be ok. can you give me good examples of food to eat that will not disturb my keltosis and weight loss

I would stick to things like:

Chicken, turkey, meat, cottage cheese, quorn, tofu

Green vegetables, salad, mushrooms

No bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, cereals etc

You might be ok with eggs, I'm not sure of the carb content, you could google it

I would recommend you have your 2 LT packs as well to ensure you are getting all of your RDA of vitamins etc

If you eat something then feel very hungry, it means you have kicked yourself out of ketosis, so I woud tread quite carefully!

Hopefully this will get you through the week away ok!

The atkins diet works on a similar principal of weight loss through ketosis (only its low carb but high fat!!!). To remain in ketosis you could eat salad/green veg (no carrots or corn as these are really high in carbs). All meat, fish, poultry. A small amount of hard cheese (but not too much because with this diet you are also doing low calorie). You know the type of things you have to avoid. As Elle said you cannot touch bread, rice, pasta and potatoes and I'm afraid no fruit or desserts/sweets etc.:(

I've done 5 days now and have a family meal out tomorrow!!! I've only had the shakes/soup this week no solid food whatsoever and wish I didnt have to go as I am really into my stride with the diet, but I have to go. We are going for an Indian Curry. Now I know when I did Atkins that I could quite easily stay in ketosis if I had for eg a fish starter with salad (dont use the lemon that comes on the side!!) and as a main course a Mixed Grill and huge salad (and maybe eat all the salad and just choose some of the meat). No sauce, Nan, chapattis or rice.

The only thing I'm worried about is that it makes me want to eat again. I'm going to get weighed tomorrow morning and picking up next weeks supply of meals......that way my hubby will insist I get straight back onto it coz I'd have just spent £30 he he.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine.
Sharon:)

Sorry forgot to add....you can stay in ketosis and drink spirits. The problem with this is your body will stop burning your fat for energy and use the alcohol first. Once the alcohol is burned up then it switches straight back to burning stored fat. I personally prefer to be burning my fat the whole time, but if you had a special occassion a vodka/rum and diet mixer will keep you in ketosis.

I must stress that I'm not an expert on the subject and you must speak to your advisors regarding the above for their advice.

Hi and welcome to the forum.....men lose so much quicker so do stick with it......!
Good luck and ask your pharmacist next visit about the maintenance plan.

Hi Jamie, Nice to see a another man on the site!! Shazpaz seems to have all the advice sorted on this subject so I will just say hello!! ...............Hello!! :)

my first weigh in is tomorrow cant wait!!!!!!!!, the week has flown by. i have told quite a few people what im doing and i personally thinks its easier to do it because everyone wants to know about it and try to wind you up with there nice dinners but for me it just makes me more detirmined its like a challenge.

:welcome:and good luck for tomorrow:)

Good luck with todays weigh in.

Just to let you know I did go out last night for a curry. I declined all booze/rice/nan/chips/creamy coffee and dessert. I had like I said...fish & salad for starter and chicken and salad for main (it was heaven). I've done a ketone test this morning and I am still in Ketosis, so you can do it. Just make the right choices and you will be fine when you do go to your girlfriends parents. Good luck again......I'm sure you'll have done fantastic.:D

cant belive it but i have lost 12lb in the first week, im not gettin to carried away because i know its not all fat but im well happy all the same:D

Fantastic news......12lbs. I bet you are thrilled.

You are right its not all fat, but next week it will be!! Well done.

12llbs....wow its a great start!!

:wow::talk017:congratulaions ,,thats great ,,keep it up:)

Back