Just starting to exercise...advice?

Boogie Woman

Hi!
I’m new here – wrote a little introduction in "newcomers" but to anyone who hasn’t seen that then "Hello!

Well, I’m only a week into my diet programme and today I decided to try some :airquote: exercise:airquote:.

I went out for a run and figured i'd have at least half a chance at getting around the block...:rotflmao: No chance. I was gasping after about 100 meters - i didn't realise how unfit i'd become.

Anyway this is about a lifestyle change for me, i don't just want to lose weight i want to become fit too so i was wondering how you all started out?
Running 100 meters isn't going to do me much good i don't imagin...what else should i try?
My resouces are limited; I can't afford the gym and i live in a very small flat so can't really exercise inside. I would like to get into running but after today i don't know where to start...any advice!?

Thanks!

Hi Boogie Woman

The running will come with ime I have just got to 3 minutes running then 3 minutes. With running it is something I'd love to do but am having to build up slowly. How about you wear a pedometer and walk. It is a great way to build up your fitness. We have a stepping league where you can report your steps each day and gain support from others to build your steps up as time goes on.

It's great to see how we can build up steps and if you get a good pedometer they will show you aerobic steps and calories burned too.

Hope you decide to join us.

Dizzy x

We have a stepping league where you can report your steps each day and gain support from others to build your steps up as time goes on.

It's great to see how we can build up steps and if you get a good pedometer they will show you aerobic steps and calories burned too.

Hope you decide to join us.

I've just purchased a pedometer online :D Can't wait till it arrives easly next week then i can join you guys! Wooo!

Back