Just starting today... reeeaaally excited!!!

chooky

After trying, and failing, for four years to lose my baby weight i am starting LT today.

Feel really excited, can't wait to see the new me!!

Just like a bit of advice though if possible - when i picked up my packs yesterday i was advised not to split them and not to heat the shakes up but there seem to be lots of people on here doing that and getting on fine so does it really matter?

Thanks for reading
This forum is fab!!

Tracy
xx

hi welcome to LT.im on my 2nd day. its great not 2 worry bout what 2 eat or how much. plus this forum is brill. :)
about the packs, i no ppl who split the packs so u av more 'meals' lol. also you can make hot chocs or lattes with ur shakes. just add a lil cold water to the shake and mix to a paste then add boiled water to make a hot drink. for the vanilla add coffee. can also add sweetner if needed.
hope this helps an good luck!!! :)

wishing you the best of luck. im restarting today so roll on next week for WI one!

Hi, thanks for your replies. Just tried the vanilla shake, in the blender with some ice and a sweetner and it was much better than i thought it would be!! Roll on the strawberry!

Good luck to both of you - love the support on here!
xx

Hi and welcome!

Glad you're feeling so positive- I'm sure you'll reach your goal as this diet gives you such amazing results. Recipe-wise...making the chocolate one into a mousse is quite nice. It also makes you feel like you're 'eating' something. It will tell you how to make it on the back of your LT bag.

Best of luck for this first week which is definitely the hardest. You're going to do brilliantly!

x

Yeah good luck to you and welcome...

There are mixed reports about whether shakes should be heated or not - I can see no reason not to and always have hot chocolate as my supper treat.

I wouldn't use boiling water or heat the mix to boiling in a microwave, that would almost certainly affect the nutritional value.

Good luck tracy - a thinner you for Chrimbo then!!!

Hello and welcome :)

I would say to make the shakes up with hot water rather than mixing up first and heating, say on the hob as you are meant to drink within 15 minutes of mixing so get a hand blender and go that way (£5 from argos one has stood me in fine stead!) and definitely no microwaving :)

I see no reason for not splitting them - but just make sure you have your full amount every day as they are nutritionally balanced to ensure we get everyehint we need so skipping them is a no no.

SIpping plenty of water, little and often, should help keep hunger pangs at bay and mean you don't feel like you need to split the shakes.

Hi and welcome to the forum and LT
i thought i'd need to split the shakes at first was very hungry on just 3 but after ketosis you find your not hungry and full on the 3 full shakes so no need to split them unless you want to make 2 coffees with one
hope you have a good week

debz x

Hi, thanks for all your replies. I feel okay at the moment - have had one shake split into two and some water. Feel a bit nervous about having the three during the day and then nothing at night but i suppose once the ketosis kicks in i should be able to space them out a bit better. Just have a horrible feeling i'll be eyeing up the legs on the kitchen table later - does anyone know if wood is allowed???!!!!!!

hey chooky! (nice name!)

Good luck and wood is allowed. :D lol

x

hi

Hi Chook

wish you all the best on your LT journey!!!!

today is my first proper day on LT too... (tried one vanilla shake before and couldnt hold it down.....)

ive had 2 strawberry shakes with sweetners (2 or 3) today and all is ok.. eyes crossed!

so hopefully like you Ill stick it out and I wont be chewing wood later.......

Best of luck............

I am on day one also.Just having my last shake (liquid fat destroyer).Had my 1st at 11am...then 5pm,then now-8.30pm.

I feel fine and not missing my nightly scoff at all..Had a lovely hot shower and have a good novel to take to bed.

Hope you have had a good day too?.

hi jacqueline

thanks for your post, i did pretty much the same!! nice hot bath, last shake then an early night. Quite surprised because i actually feel better for it this morning and i'm sure i've slept better cos i woke up before my alarm!!

Well, that's one day done and dusted - roll on day two!!:woohoo:

We will win the fat war!!!!!!:feedtroll:

let me know how you get on today
Tracy
xx

hiya chooky -0 there's no reason why you need to have all 3 during the day and then nothing at night!

my mealtimes are
7am
2pm
10pm

keep drinking water in between and that will keep away hunger pangs. also black tea/coffee are great especially when you feel cold as ketosis kicks in.

good luck!

Day 2

Hi Chooky...

Woke up feeling a little lighter...Stepped on the scales (naughty) and am 4lbs lighter overnight...so the liquid fat destroyers (shakes) I had yest have got rid of the weight of two 2lb bags of sugar...

Enough inspiration to get through day 2 I reckon..

Hope you have a easy day 2 also.;)

if you are going to weigh inbetween official weigh ins *please* take the readings with a pinch of salt - would hate anyone being disappointed if they don'#t match up with the real weigh ins.

Good luck for the rest of day 2 :) :)

Back