Just starting xenical!!

Emmie Lou

Hello all,
I have been prescribed xenical by my doctor, i went in to ask for a gastric band but i have to try these first!
I put in a previous post that im really worried and scared about taking them!
i've just had tomato soup and bread so ive taken the bull by the horns and taken my first one...... just sitting back waiting for the explosion lol

Hi you will be fine with what you have eaten today, just don't eat fatty foods as you will really notice the effects. i was on them a while ago, i lost 2 stone with them now i am on cambridge which is fantastic weight loss. Good luck

hiya thanks for your reply,
ive also done cambridge i did have good results but i fought daily with food and i cant afford it either!

not sure what im gonna eat later tho as cupboards are bare, need to go shopping!

Hi Emmie Lou
Im starting them tomorrow, was meant to be today but I had to go shopping for all my low fat stuff.
PLease keep posting as I would love to see how you are doing and I will too!

Hi Violet
I have no food in so ive just made do today, just had toast with a scraping of flora and marmite, and 2 weetabix with sugar, been going through my cuboards looking at the fat content in each item......im a bit confused with the 5% rule!
i no its 5g or less per 100g but is that fat or sat fat?
Just about to take my 2nd tablet!! ;)

Hi girls
What is a MAP pack?
Well i went food shopping today and it was a nightmare, I cant believe how much fat is in stuff!
I've got myself a diary to write everything i eat down and when i take a tablet and what the effects are!
I've done quite well today, but ive been busy so i missed lunch and i have actually experienced hunger today which is weird! :D took a tablet with dinner which did have fat in it, but no effects yet!!
How are you doing today violet?
Have you started?

Hi Emma,
Im doing ok. No bad side effects.......yet! MAP is the helpline run by Roche, the makers of xenical, it's manned by really helpful nurses. They send you really good information and give you a call now and again to see how you're doing.

You need to call them to register.
You'll need your box of xenical tablets to hand, as they ask you the serial number.

The phone number is:

0800 7317138
They send you a food diary out, a helpful booklet and a tape measure.

Have you had any treats yet? Im wondering whether I could have a dairy milk once a week!

Hi Violet
No i havn't had any treats not wanted to risk it lol!
I made a mistake and bought ww crisps coz i read the sat fat instead of the fat per 100g! Almost ate a pack at lunch but luckily double checked! Could have been a disaster lol!!
Had beans on toast for lunch, and rice krispies for breakfast, im not taking a tablet at breakfast as i dont have fat in the morning!
I'll give that number a call when i get a min, thanks! ;)

Hi Emma, How are you doing?
Im still doing ok though Im craving chocolate. Just having a caramel snack-a-jack! I had a corned beef sandwich for lunch and Im waiting for the **** to hit the fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Violet
Is corned beef bad then? I only eat chicken so i dont know!!
Can we have snacka jacks then?
Im doing fine actually, ive had cereal toast, more cereal, and tandori chicken with rice and pitta bread! plus some fruit! :D
Im actually not very hungry and for a change not worrying too much about food, i just hope it continues lol!!

watch yourself when the 'orange oil' starts coming out, so try avoid high fat foods

Hi Emma,
Well corned beef is quite fattening, but Im trying to try different things to see what will affect me and what may not as Ive heard it's different with everyone. snack a jacks are low in fat so Im trying them, got to be better than a chocolate biscuit!
I had fish fingers for tea with mash and cauliflower cheese, I made the cheese sauce from a colemans packet but done it with skimmed milk and it was lovely. I agree with you, I have'nt felt hungry yet, just missing stuff!
Will post tomorrow with an update.

Hi Emma

I think what your doing is good, and watching the fat content in things is great but there a few moethings I think you should look at as well.

The diet works on the rule of 15g'sof fat per meal and 3 tablets a day. So you really need to make sure you are having 15's of fat or as near to as you can and a tablet for each meal.

I have porridge and jam for breakfast, or 2 slices of toast and butter and a yoghurt bar but I make sure what I am having makes up near 15g's as possible. For dinner I used to have a sandwhich, backed crisps, two pieces of fruit and a muller rice or yoghurt. I make my fat up through the crisps, 3g's fat, sandwhichs 7 grams of fat (made up of the spread, hamd and the bread added together) and the yoghurt, 5 g's of fat...

You see?

My my tea, I measureout what I am having per 100g's and ad the fat up, per 100g's. So 100g's of fish, may be 13g's of fat, veg and potato's which is no fat. So I might have a yoghurt bar to make up the couple of grams left?

Dos that make sense?

Once you start doing that for a while you get used to what is in stuff and just roughly estimate in your head and its just as easy. ut if writing it down helps, you do that :)

Good luck!

KayMarie is correct, but also you must try and keep the food that you eat to 5% fat or less as well as trying to have 15g of fat per meal. That means on food labels you are looking at the Total Fat Content ( not saturated fat) per 100g of weight of product :)
xx

Back