Just taken delivery of the box that will change the way i look forever!!

A lot of people on here swear by the biggest loser bars (not the snack size) and Tesco or Asda ones. Im not sure on the Atkins but it has been discussed on here before.

Personally I'd be too scared to have something that wasn't exante branded because I'm no expert in ketosis and exactly what amounts of what will keep u in it or take u out of it, but thats just me.xx

Well today is day 1, compared to the Cambridge shakes, they taste very bland and I really didn't like the bar there was just nothing enjoyable about it other than I was starving so had to eat it, my worry is this is day 1 and I have a box full to use up this month! Can I eat the Tesco/asda bars if so these may be a better alternative, I have only had a strawberry shake and the choc orange bar so far so praying the other tastes better!!

The Tesco bars are very close nutritionally to the Exante bars so are used as a direct replacement by many of us on here. They are also VERY tasty and cheaper too! I slice mine into around 20 thin pieces to munch on for lunch.

I really like the shakes as they are (apart from the strawberry which is bearable but not lovely) but you can jazz them up with coffee, try adding a tablet sweetener (dissolve in a teeny bit of hot water first) or have them hot.

I split each pack into two and have 200ml of water with each half sachet, whizz them up with a hand blender and ice cold (refridgerated) water - yum!

Edit: Have you tried the porridge? It's gorgeous and Exante have said that you can solely porridge eg 3 porridge per day only.

what kind of tesco bars are we talking about here? I'm really shocked to hear they are similar? I wont be having them myself but I'd be interested to know :) xx

O cool, proper diet ones...I had just imagines a normal tesco cereal bar..sorry oafette. Thanks flab-buster, interesting to know.xx

Thanks guys well just had the chocolate shake and really not impressed, there was nothing nice about it, I had to hold my breath and down it... I add lots of water as I did with the Cambridge shakes to ensure I was increasing my fluids but these are not as flavoursome and the chocolate well I am going to have to put something with that! Makes me sound like a real fuss pot which I am not I will eat anything!! Hence why I am what I am... But its day one and I am feeling a little disheartened!!

Oh gosh, well I'll be having a chocolate one at 9, was going to try it warm...now I'm scared!!xx

Hi guys! Bear with the shakes and bars.... When I started I used to dread lunchtime when I knew I was due to have a choc and orange bar - thought they tasted like mdf! However you soon get used to them and the shakes.... I'm just going into week 7 and enjoy the bars now - and I'm sure they help to keep me regular too ;-).....
Don't feel disheartened .... Trust me it gets better and if I can do 48 days 100% tfr then anyone can..
Keep at it and perhaps try your shakes in diff ways to try and find a way that suits you- I believe their is a sticky that gives various diff options for the shakes.
Best of luck
FB xx

I was unsure about the choc shake to begin with, I thought it tasted a bit like cardboard! But your tastes do change and now it's my favourite exante meal.

ewww sorry girls I think the chocolate is rank too lol!! I just had it hot and it tasted of nothing!! However I add some coffee and a wee sprinkle of cinnamon (not actually sure thats allowed) and it was quite nice. The smell of the cinnamon worked wonders.xx

Thanks Dolly daydream I was thinking I was going mad, tomorrow I will try mine with coffee in as it will help with the smell of the chocolate one as it smells rank!!

Well have just finished my first day.... Strawberry shake, choc Orange bar and mushy soup. Quite liked the bar, better than Cambridge, but the soup and shake weren't as good. Ah well onwards and downwards xxx

Back