just when things are going well all goes t*ts up

big bear

A bear on a mission!
So last week I got all my DIY jobs done in the house as paid a handyman. I've now got a cleaner that comes in once a week so all tidy as well. I was stressing about these before as wasn't able to manage & H working nights he couldn't do either.

I was really happy ready to go give birth etc & now the gas cooker is broken. I'm not sure who to contact or if it can be fixed. The oven is stuck on gas mark 2 and the knob is jammed and won't switch off.

I've had to turn off the whole gas supply so got nothing to cook on & I can't really afford a new cooker as on maternity pay now.

Just when things seem to be going well it all goes wrong again :cry:

I suppose I could have jacket potato & beans from the microwave but we've got no electric grills or anything. Also no hot water & heating.

Has anyone any suggestions on how to fix it or do I call a plumber I just have no idea who to call.

Very stressed out 37 week pregnant beach whale :sign0009:

You need a Gas Engineer who services cookers but they must have a gas safe registered ticket. This is very important.

As far as I know (but please do check before you do anything) you can isolate the cooker from the rest of your gas supply by just disconnecting it - there is usually a safety valve on the rubber hose connection that you push and twist and it comes off. The safety valve should stop any gas coming out. You can put your heating on then if you need to.

Be safe. Hope you get help soon.

I'd check out the yellow pages for a corgi registered person who can repair cookers, but before they come out check they don't have a call out charge.

If it's a new one see if you can get one on interest free credit.

Corgi registration still exists but it cannot be used anymore, it has to be Gas Safe

So last week I got all my DIY jobs done in the house as paid a handyman. I've now got a cleaner that comes in once a week so all tidy as well. I was stressing about these before as wasn't able to manage & H working nights he couldn't do either.

I was really happy ready to go give birth etc & now the gas cooker is broken. I'm not sure who to contact or if it can be fixed. The oven is stuck on gas mark 2 and the knob is jammed and won't switch off.

I've had to turn off the whole gas supply so got nothing to cook on & I can't really afford a new cooker as on maternity pay now.

Just when things seem to be going well it all goes wrong again :cry:

I suppose I could have jacket potato & beans from the microwave but we've got no electric grills or anything. Also no hot water & heating.

Has anyone any suggestions on how to fix it or do I call a plumber I just have no idea who to call.

Very stressed out 37 week pregnant beach whale :sign0009:

how are you? did you fix your problem?

Someone is coming out later today to fix for me. So hopefully they can fix it otherwise a new cooker. Thanks for asking XX

Back