Justgina's Exercise Log

justgina

taking it 1 day at a time
Decided to get back to exercising now that my collapsed lung has completely healed. Have started back at Level 1 on the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred this morning. Blimey, I really have lost a lot of fitness, I was kerry packered.
Anyway, I thought I'd keep a log to try to keep myself motivated.

22nd Feb 2010: 30 day shred, level 1 done
1 mile walk to school and back, done.

Oh well done
must be very hard getting over something like that!

No scarring on your lung I hope

Oh well done
must be very hard getting over something like that!

No scarring on your lung I hope

As far as I know I'm back to 'normal' although a spontaneous collapse as I had has a small chance of recurring within 6 months. It really shouldn't have happened to me, it is usually something that occurs in skinny tall males under 40 years old and here's me a chubby, short female of 45!

Back to the log, I also walked another mile on the school run this evening. There is a hill with a few steps at the top on my journey and I realised how much this mornings Shred session affected my legs!

Hi Gina, I was thinking I should do the same thing so went out and bought hannah watermans body blitz...it is still in the packet, need to muster up the energy to do it.

I just got the 30 day shred dvd after people on here were talking about it, did it last night and definitely feeling it in my arms, legs and tummy - more so than a 45 minute body attack class used to leave! What a great workout - and being in short sections the time goes quickly.
Good luck with the exercise log, Gina!

DAwniesvan, get that packaging off!!!!
Pink Eyes, I did the session on Monday and I have been in 'agony' since (in a good way I suppose). My thigh muscles are killing me. Mustering up the courage to do another session this afternoon, probably just before I do the school run. I sat down afterwards on Monday and my muscles stiffened up so think I'll cool down with a walk today.
I did this DVD last year and managed to get onto level 2 so I'm hoping I can keep up to it and get on to level 3 this time.

23rd Feb 2010: 2 miles walking.

24th Feb 2010:will edit later

DAwniesvan, get that packaging off!!!!
Pink Eyes, I did the session on Monday and I have been in 'agony' since (in a good way I suppose). My thigh muscles are killing me. Mustering up the courage to do another session this afternoon, probably just before I do the school run. I sat down afterwards on Monday and my muscles stiffened up so think I'll cool down with a walk today.
I did this DVD last year and managed to get onto level 2 so I'm hoping I can keep up to it and get on to level 3 this time.

23rd Feb 2010: 2 miles walking.

24th Feb 2010:1 mile walk, 20 minutes dumbells. (Legs still too sore for The Shred)

Last edited:
You need to stretch out properly after the workout Gina, that should help the stiffness! http://www.netfit.co.uk/stretching_cool_down.htm

My trainer always says eat something high-protein within an hour of finishing too, although obviously that's a bit difficult at the moment - something to remember when/if you go back to WS though maybe?

In the meantime well done!

Thanks Yambabe. Will check out that link.

well done Gina
I think I will ache tomorrow (I always do 2 days after anything strenuous) but I ache across my chest a little already
so tomorrow will be much worse !!!

Dawniesvan 0- get that wrapper off
its not bad at all-2 blokes with her-she is just participating, he speaks the moves,

I'm going to be a glutton for punishment & do it again tonight!!!

I am so feeling it in my arms today! Didn't help that we had puppy training class last night, and my monster of a puppy (he's 20kg and not quite 5 months old!) dragged me round for most of the lesson - he's a workout in himself!
My lovely H2B has said he will do the shred workout with me tonight, he's very supportive.

Yesterday was just 2 miles walking again. Too many family commitments, aaargh! At least my legs are feeling better today.

26th Feb 20 mins Shred level 1 + 2 miles walk.

Back