Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

Good luck with Core, Ive never tried it as I dont have the bumpf lol but I must admit Im curious as to how I might get on.

Will watch your diary with interest (ie more nosyness lol)

Cheers Sandy. I've never thought it would be 'me' as I'm not very organised and tend not to do the three meals a day thing but thought I fancied a change. Snoop away my dear, you're more than welcome x

Good luck with core Karen,,, how are you getting on with it?xxx

Ask me on Wednesday I guess. I feel like I'm eating a lot and mildly worried about not counting points and weighing and measuring but I am enjoying eating healthy food.

I'm doing core too, and I like the way that the onus is on eating quality, healthy foods. I've not done points but I imagine it's hard to shake that way of thinking when you change plans!

Don't do it, Karenlou!! You're doing really well, don't spoil it by counting points, you'll just put doubt in your mind. Believe me, Core works, that's all you need to know!

Christine

Thanks Christine. I'll feel better once I've done it for a week and had a weigh-in.

I've had lots of temptations today so I've no points left now from my 21 so will have to stick to it without extras between now and Wedneday!

Oo-er!

They were very nice and I'm lovely and full but I'm going to have to be VERY well-behaved for the next three days! I have a work thing tomorrow but I've been to the venue before and they have soup so I'll take some fruit and Ryvitas so that should be ok.

Tuesday night we're off the the football so packing us up instead of buying chips and pies. Trying to think of fairly easy, portable Core food that can be eaten in the stands. Any ideas would be more than welcome.

At the moment I can only think of vegetable and lasagne crisps, and I used to make an All Bran cake before. Have you got a flask you could take soup in, or is that not appropriate?

This is from Oldchem's website. I used to have it (hot I think) with vanilla Muller yogurt. Yummy.

BANANA BREAD

200g All bran
200g Porridge oats
A long dash of skim milk (sorry can’t be more specific!)
60g Sultanas/Raisins
4 Bananas
2 Eggs beaten
2 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Mixed Spice
1 heaped tsp Baking powder
Zest of a lemon, chopped up finely
2 heaped dessertspoon sweetener

Instructions

Mix the all bran and porridge oats with the milk and leave for 10 mins.
Mash bananas up and mix with the eggs, then add remaining ingredients. Mix the banana mixture in to the all bran mixture, until all is combined. The mixture should be quite sloppy – like cake mix.

Pour in to a loaf tin (spray with spray oil first), and bake at 180º gas mark 4 for about 45 mins. (Keep an eye on the cake towards the end – it should be dark brown but not burnt).

Leave to cool for 5 mins, then slide a knife all around, tip cake out and leave to cool on a wire rack.

good luck with the core ur doing really well xxx

Hey Karen,
thanks for your messages,they all really help,im getting back on track,i always think if i dont work the points out the food is bad for me! Thats why i always think im doing terrible.
My goal weight is between 10st10 and 11st 1 and im 5ft5
How tall are you hun?

Yes, I know what you mean, which is why I'm trying core but also why I'm fretting about WI - ha!

I'm five foot six and I've set myself a target of 11 stone. The smallest I've ever been was 10 stone 4 but I was only 16 at the time so now I'm over 40, 11 stone seems sustainable.

Hi Karen, good luck with your weigh in this week and with core. I will be watching with interest as switching to core on mon. x

Back