Karen's A Culinary Adventure~~Cruise

Well our weather has dipped below 100 for the first time in months. But better yet the night time lows are finally dipping into the 60's & 70's. That makes the daytime highs a shorter heat period. So next week I an going to go hard core dukan again and get out for morning walks. Our state is in the worst drought in years and half the state is burning. Some areas they have no choice but to let it. Over a 1000 homes destroyed and that number rises every day. The air is filled with smoke & for me outside walks this week are out of the question. It literally bums your eyes. But the good news after a summer of basically consol my weight has maintained without any yo-yoing. When I started Dukan I was really a few lbs heaver than stated...had no scale hahaha. So the pounds do stay off and even when I'm bad....my body seems stable with this weight loss. That was my biggest fear. Tonight I'm going to our a woman's club that i'm a member of and some have not seen me since late spring. Should be interesting.
The heat this year was the worst in my lifetime. Not sure how to explain what effect that has on you...but trust that it does. We are basically stuck inside in that degree of heat.

Well I was just checking on myself.. I am extremely happy with the new me. For the last 6 weeks and for the next 2 I will be finishing the remaining 1 of 3 crowns. That is a lot of dental work and a lot of soft food eating. But surprisingly my weight has held steady at 152. It seems like yesterday it was 100+ and now winter will just decent on us out of no where. Not complaining after the summer we had be broke records all over the place. I'm about to make a run at the final 10ish lbs. Out of sheer necessity I had to buy pants. Some are a little snug...and that is ok. We all know with dukan you can loose weight. The area of the body that is carrying weight is the middle. The week after the next crown prep I'll be able to eat more meats and that will be the beginning of the final phase.

Good to hear from you again. You really did have some crazy temperatures this summer and you did brilliantly to hang in there with Dukan. I'm glad you're going to have a push at the last few pounds. Perhaps we'll be able to compare temperature news with you more frequently.

(Lovely and sunny weekend forecast here in France - up to 18°C-20°C where I am - very unusual for this time of year. Chillier mornings though, just 10°C now that the cloud cover has gone.)

So I'm beginning the final quest.. overall I'm in great shape no Yoyoing of the weight. Recent visit to my Dr. and he is very happy with the loss and said no more than 10lbs more that is the perfect goal for my body type & shape. We both agreed to just loose some more & see what the body looks like and how you feel, is it a natural body weigh for you was his strongest suggestion. As you see how your body changes and the loss is all over it not just a few areas the waist & belly seem to be my problem areas. I'm heading into a few days of grumpy detoxing and I'll be good..Getting those carbs out is the hardest part of starting Dukan. When I flash back to last spring that is what I remember as the hardest part. Hus & I were talking...and that is just a mental thing more than physical. I have fore warned everyone to give me some space for a few days...LOL
I would like to wind up in the range of 140-145 wish me luck.:):):)

ooh Karen - I remember you well.

Welcome back and I'm sure you'll be as successful with your latest goal as your previous. And well done for managing to stabilise your loss.

What's the weather like?
x

Hi Karen! Really enjoyed reading your diary and that you're back! My final goal is similar to you. Really would like to be in the 130's. I'll be wishing you much success!

Thought I would check in..
About to start a new phase in life as well as some medical plastic surgery on my eyes.
My current weight is 154 & headed down to the med to low 140's before surgery. Have started running again. Yes I was a runner for decades & had to stop but I'm back & more than happy. 5-7 miles every other day.
Dukan works with my body type & has since the early days of starting his approach to life & eating. When I first read of his program I instantly knew that this fit my perfectly. I was not totally out of control...just not taking care of myself & making poor food choices.
For some reason mentally....this 10 or so Lbs is not difficult to kick off.

Back