Karen's Diary - 3rd time lucky!!!

I cant believe your diary has been on for two days and I havent noticed it! I know what you mean by magnolia but I kind of like it.
Hope you enjoy your roast tomorrow. Are you taking inspiration from mommyB and having xmas puds?
Off to bed to dream about that mud pie we seen in other diary. :)

Morning,glad you managed to get the painting done and well done on having Quiche when the boys where having Pizza!!

Is your OH+DS back home now,have a good BHM.

Decorating described as a car crash

OMG I don't feel i've had any sleep:sigh: Finished painting loo and still didn't like it. Son came in and described it as a car crash. Now i always do our decorating and am quite proud of it but this time i did a short cut. There was paper on the walls so i took the top layer off and painted over the remaining paper - big mistake there are bubbles everywhere. So what did i do at 12.30 am - start ripping it off. Trouble is with paint on dried it is hard to get off. Gave up at 2am and went to bed, couldn't sleep, not helped by other son coming in at 3.30 and dog barking out the lounge window as he could hear birds:mad: Was even to tired to go down and shut him up. Up again at 8.00 and starting to rip off again. Think i will paper over when finished. Rest of house all painted but one room papered won't hurt as walls are a bit dodgy for painting straight on to.
Anyway, yes hub and youngest son back today - flight delayed 1 hour already. They'll be knacked so hoping he won't notice the downstairs loo:copon: Believe it or not i do enjoy decorating - but not loos!!

Roast later - made stuffing yesterday and par roasted spuds and parsnips and made apple crumble so quite organised. Mum is round for dinner as well so i do like to prep before so not all afternoon in kitchen.

Hope everyone has a restful monday, think of me ripping of bits of wallpaper!!

ooh poor you,i do most of our decorating too, and hate it when it doesnt go right. but it sounds like you were tired and maybe trying to do tto much at once-still doing cooking and other domestic stuff. i know cos i do it too!!!

Hope today is better for you

Just pooped in to see how you getting on with that loo walls. Hope you going be pleased with the final result and it is not going to take to much of your nerves. Have a nice day

Well just been to get some wallpaper samples for loo wall, think hubby will freak out when he sees i'm thinking of putting wallpaper up as we've spent years taking wallpaper down and painting walls! Still he's not doing it so he knows what he can do:p His flight is delayed (he says 3 hours but he always exagerates but internet says 1 hour!) Glad i'm not collecting them as i'd be hours in the airport waiting. Anyway going to have a bit of a clean up as place got a bit trashed in my flurry last night. Will try to post on everyone's diaries later, but a bit pushed for time, so Happy Monday to everyone in case i don't and i will catch up tommorrow.
PS on the positive side the dogs are looking lovely after their haircuts and hubby will be well chuffed as they're his babies!

aww bless your little puppies.. they look so cute and funny when they've had haircuts - my oh's old dog had proper big eyebrows and when she got her haircut she looked so funny! :D

hope you have a lovely day - enjoy the weather :) xxx

Oh dear, decorating nightmare...Hope you manage to get it sorted, would the painted paper not come off with a steamer??

I wanted one feature wall with paper in the lounge and hubby refused, saying it would be up a year then i'd spend the rest of my life moaning that walls never look the same after paper is stripped off lol

My mum used to have the chipboardy and anaglipa (sp) stuff on all her walls...she hated it, but never dared remove it because of what the walls might have been like underneath lol

Hope your day is going well xx

Well hubby and son are back from their travels and bought me a lovely necklace with a heart on- bless.. Ate far too many spuds with a roast so won't point up as it will take too long and i cant be bothered!
Hubby agreed its best to wallpaper. God i thought he would moan at me wallpapering as we've got painted walls all over the house, but he wanted to rip all the tiles down and replaster so there are no tiles as he thinks they're old hat. I've said no i just want a bit of wallpaper so we've agreed on that for the time being. He's in the middle of putting down a new patio so i don't want another messy job started. Hope everyone had a lovely easter weekend and hope your week goes well. x

great! so alls well that ends well.

So sweet of them to get you a pressie! My OH is off to Madrid tomorrow but not hoping on getting anything when back apart from some dirty washing and ironing to do!

Good you managed to get agreement on wallpaper subject. Are you off to shops to choose something tomorrow?

Good morning Karen

Can't believe ive not posted on your diary before after all the posting you do on mine!! How rude! Hope bathroom is starting to look a bit better now, once you get your paper up im sure it'l look fab!

Have a good day today x

Oh dear,
I wanted one feature wall with paper in the lounge and hubby refused, saying it would be up a year then i'd spend the rest of my life moaning that walls never look the same after paper is stripped off lol

I love rooms with feature wall am hoping to do that in our bedroom when we do that next.

great! so alls well that ends well.

I know, I just get frustrated when things don't go right first time!

So sweet of them to get you a pressie! My OH is off to Madrid tomorrow but not hoping on getting anything when back apart from some dirty washing and ironing to do!

I got lots of washing and ironing as well, even the clean stuff needs ironing!

Good you managed to get agreement on wallpaper subject. Are you off to shops to choose something tomorrow?

Have been and got it already!

Good morning Karen

Can't believe ive not posted on your diary before after all the posting you do on mine!! How rude! Hope bathroom is starting to look a bit better now, once you get your paper up im sure it'l look fab!

Have a good day today x

Thanks for posting, it's lovely looking on and seeing someone has "spoken" to me!

Yeh, I've just multi quoted for first time, in fact quoted for first time!!:)

Woken up at 3 this morning by a bloody fox screeching its head off. It actually woke the whole house up. Hubby bolted up and ran out the room thinking something was up with youngest son. Fox continued to screech for at least 30 mins. We get loads of foxes but never that bad, must have losts its mate and feeling frisky so calling it back. Then flaming police car when past sirens blazing at 6.30! Isn't it illegal that early!!! Anyway had my moan all posts from now today will be positive ones. Last week of hols then back to work so make the most of last week of chilling:cool: x

Hellooooo

Thought I'd return the favour ;)

Ohhh I hate being worken up - I was woken this morning by the sound of my cat being sick (if you read my diary that'll serve him right for eating my yogurt!!!) Fox's screeching really scares me - it's such an eerie sound isn't it. Don't think we have any round our way - my cat'd probably see them off if we did anyway! (he fights every other bloody thing in the neighbourhood!)

Have a great day!
xxx

Hi hon
Glad Oh agreed with the wallpaper decision ;o) makes life easier.

Love the Colonel Mustard description of your doggie lol x

Hi Karen

I feel your pain re the decorating. I live in a 1930's house which had textured wallpaper in the hallway. When we first moved in we painted over it, but have never been happy with it. So we decided a few weeks ago to strip it ... there must be at least 6 layers of paper which is coming off okay ... along with some plaster ..ooops But now we've started it - we have to carry on until it's finished.

I've got a couple of rooms with feature walls - makes it a lot easier to decorate lol

Hope you had a good day!

Twigs
xx

Morning Karen,
Thanks for your messages in my diary. Nice to see im not forgot about!!!
I no what you mean about Foxes i had them last summer out side my bloody Window keeping me away!

Morning Karen,
Thanks for your messages in my diary. Nice to see im not forgot about!!!
I no what you mean about Foxes i had them last summer out side my bloody Window keeping me away!

Hi Gemma - the flammin foxes were back again last night. If i forget to close the lounge curtain then my little king charles gets up on a chair as soon as the security light in the garden goes on and he's "yap yap yap yap" till someone goes and drags him down (me). I even heard son 2 get up and ignore the barking, go to the loo and go back to bed. Dog then starts running round with a squeeky turkey (xmas prezzie):mad: Not in favour of fox hunting, but bloody hell, they don't help themselves. Thankyou for your supportive message Gemma and for your rep x

Am off to pictures with youngest son to see mall cop. 10.30 viewing (bit early) then he'll drag me round shops

B - Hot x bun, hot choc - 4.5
L - WW soup (if i remember to get some) & ww yoghurt - 1.5
D - Quiche & salad & choc mousse 7
S ????
Hope everyone has a lovely day x

p.s. will post on everyone elses later

Back