karens diary !

Hi karen, welcome and good luck with your adventure, hope you are doing ok. Ketosis fairy will kick in soon, and that makes lots of difference.
Any leaf tea is fine, so tetley is good, so long as no fruit or flowers init, so mint tea good, lemon tea no good.
As for water, I found it really hard to begin with but got some flavourings, I now use a 750 water bottle and try and have 2 between each meal pack until tea time then slow down to help prevent being up all night! You bathroom and you will get well aqainted! If you use the theory of a water wheel, steadily during the day it helps, that is directly what helps the weightloss as it gets rid of the fat, worth the effort.
I mix my shakes with ice and water in a smoothie maker so that increases the water intake too, if you read other diaries you wiko see when people have not managed so much water, their losses are not so good.
Hope this helps
Jx

Thanks julz im going to get some of the water flavouring on monday , and will try to follow your advice between packs :) x

Well done Karen on getting to day 5 keep it up and you will be amazed at the results on weigh day.
Cathy

Day 6 : went for all shakes today and a peanut bar this has been the best day on water for me manged over 4 litres probably because i wasn't at work and didn't have to think about it to much , i think this was the easiest day for me so far hopefully i will have more days like this zero hunger today :D ...
hope everyone is doing well !! i'm so excited for the day when i can buy normal sized clothes without being at the back of the rail :D

Day 7 :weigh in today will report back later take care everyone :)

Day 6 : went for all shakes today and a peanut bar this has been the best day on water for me manged over 4 litres probably because i wasn't at work and didn't have to think about it to much , i think this was the easiest day for me so far hopefully i will have more days like this zero hunger today :D ...
hope everyone is doing well !! i'm so excited for the day when i can buy normal sized clothes without being at the back of the rail :D

awaiting confirmation I can start, with luck next week so will be watching for your weight loss later today, good luck xx

Day 7 : 2 shakes today reduced the water intake as weight in .....
Weighed in lost 10/half pounds :D:D come home had a chilli con carne and a chicken soup !!! feeling great :) its good motivation to head in to week 2 .

That's brilliant!! Well done you!

Well done on your weight loss.
cathy

Day 7 : 2 shakes today reduced the water intake as weight in .....
Weighed in lost 10/half pounds :D:D come home had a chilli con carne and a chicken soup !!! feeling great :) its good motivation to head in to week 2 .

omg that's fab, well done!

Marvellous all worth it when you see your first weeks weight loss x

Well done, the weight will soon drop off, as for the clothes, I seem to be buying loads, and rather odd, seem to be loads of size 20/22 in the sales, when I was that size couldn't find a bargain anywhere!

Ketosis fairy seems to have kicked in nicely for you, just keep the water intake going otherwise it will slow your losses down.
Did you get the flavourings yet? I also use the broth a couple of times a day, I started on mint tea, but after a few days got fed up with it, ordinary tetley's is ok, but I can't drink it without milk. Really enjoyed milk week, drank tea all day!!

Keep on with the focus
Jx

Week 2 : have not had time to do a day to day but this week is proving to be much easier for me so far i think because im not feeling hungry at all and im totally focused :) mixed the packs up this week and tried shepards pie really like this and the spicy curry soup yummm be back tomorrow t.c everyone x

Well done, the weight will soon drop off, as for the clothes, I seem to be buying loads, and rather odd, seem to be loads of size 20/22 in the sales, when I was that size couldn't find a bargain anywhere!

Ketosis fairy seems to have kicked in nicely for you, just keep the water intake going otherwise it will slow your losses down.
Did you get the flavourings yet? I also use the broth a couple of times a day, I started on mint tea, but after a few days got fed up with it, ordinary tetley's is ok, but I can't drink it without milk. Really enjoyed milk week, drank tea all day!!

Keep on with the focus
Jx

Hi julz the water situation is getting better day by day , i tried the water flavouring at the meeting and had a sore stomach all night and the next day ... so im not sure if it was that or not and now im scared to drink it , wonder if this has happened to anyone else ? oh milk week when is this ? .. im gasping on a milky cuppa !! this black tea is doing nothing for me and i got green tea and thats equaly as bad :( anyways im just thinking of being healthier and the clothes and to beable to take the kids swimming again they keep asking me and all i can think theres no danger im getting in a swimsuit ... anyways take care julz x

Milk week is week 13, I thought I would never last that long without a cuppa, black tea for me is yuk! But it soon spins by, worth the weight.
I didn't have tummy ache with flavourings but a rumbly tummy for a week or so, stopped the flavourings for a week and it settled down. Then went back to the flavourings as I struggle with plain water.
Keep focussed
Jx

im gasping on a milky cuppa !! this black tea is doing nothing for me and i got green tea and thats equaly as bad :(

I'm managing black tea by quickly dunking the teabag in and out again. Also, I put some cold water in, just to bring the temperature down for me to drink it. Its taken me about 2 weeks to be happy with it.

Agree with the green tea. Its minging!!

hmmm been a 100 percent abstinent and had a mid week weight in yesterday and had only lost 0.2 kilos less that half a pound :( now i keep thinking im not going to lose anything by monday anyone else had this ? xx

hmmm been a 100 percent abstinent and had a mid week weight in yesterday and had only lost 0.2 kilos less that half a pound :( now i keep thinking im not going to lose anything by monday anyone else had this ? xx

Karen - please don't worry, when did you start? Everyone has good weeks and bad weeks. I seem to lose less than everyone else in my meeting but its just whats right for my body. Its not always about weight its about inches. My LLC told us that if she could just weigh us once at the beginning then at week 12 she would because this diet works!! Chin up lovey we are all behind you xx

karen0308 said:

We all lose at different rates, sometimes it will vary depending on several things, did you drink enough water? Time of the month? Have you increased your exercise? Random, no reason? Any of these reasons could be your loss was not so good. I have lost anything from 1-4lbs and have stayed 100%. you will probably have a better week next week, make sure you have drink enough water, stick with it, it will pay off!
Jx

Back