Karen's Diary

Hi guys, hope everyone is well. Thanks for the messages, its nice to come home to :)

Work was ok. I'm glad its over though. I stayed on plan for the whole time. Today I'm off to see my parents with the kids. The house purchase fell through on Friday so I'm going to chat with my folks about what to do next (my dad has invested money in my home). I'm gutted about it but there's nothing else I can do really. Anyways. I'm not sure what I'm eating today so will post menu after the fact! Xxxx

Life is full of swings and roundabouts eh? Really sorry to hear about the house sale - but despite it all you stayed focused foodwise - big hugs xxx

Sorry to hear about the house, but well done for sticking to the plan in spite of everything.

Sending good thoughts your way xx

Hi Karen, you are getting hit from all sides, well done on keeping going with the food plan. Hopefully good luck is just around the corner,(problem is finding the corner).

thanks guys. its a huge disappointment but i have to move on from it and try not to wallow. I dont want to keep thinking about my husband and the house as its so depressing so Im going to focus on my eating and getting my uni stuff sorted. In the morning I have supervision for uni and then Im taking my mum for lunch with my sister and we are going to have our feet nibbled by fishes. From Wednesday Im going to knuckle down and get myself sorted with all my uni work. its got to be done!

Today I have eaten:

B - 2 x bacon and 1 x egg
L - 3 x Chicken legs and salad
D - Chicken with peppers, onions, soured cream and cheese
S - 2 small packets of pork scratchings

Oooh do tell how the feet nibbling goes! I'd love to try but I'm very ticklish so think I'd just sit there giggling like a mad woman :D

Gosh karen - shame about the house but well done keeping focused on the food

Evening Karen... Yes drawing line is the best approach although not always the easiest... Good luck and enjoy the fish! Xxx

hello lovelies, thanks for the messages. xxx

Hello Karen, I came across your diary while looking around the forum :) I am an Atkins girl at heart, just doing S&S to give my body a kick, but will be back here soon.

The best form of revenge is to live well, and be happy. As the weight goes, date! Let your husband see what a superstar he has lost.

Believe me, in my career I have seen so many couples end things, badly, yet for them it was the only way. Chin up sugar, life is full of wonderful surprises for us all.

Hi Katherine and good morning minis!

Thanks for the advice, you are so right about the living well. Its exactly what I am aiming for and I will relish every second of it! :D

Ive made a big decision guys. Instead of moving I am going to extend and convert the house I am already in. It will be less stressful for everyone and a lot cheaper. With a bit of luck there will be some eye candy builders around the place too :) Im going to start organising the quotes today.

OOO i forgot to mention the other day that I have bought a dress for my sisters wedding. Its 2 dress sizes smaller than I am now and I have almost 3 months to get into it! I reckon I can do it. I really hope I can! It would be lovely to get down to a size 18... its been a long time since i could wander into any old shop and pick something off the rack easily. Theres never any 22 - 24s left by the time i get to the shops!

I have cancelled my morning appointment today and am just going to lunch with my mum and sis (and get the feet done, of course). This morning I will have to talk to my solicitor about the house falling through :(

Food for today:

B - 2 x Jamie Oliver sausages and 1 x egg
L - Eating out... probably duck, chicken and salad
D - Chicken stirfry

You sound so positive and with renewed spirit! Fantastic!
Awesome goal...and achievable (if these diaries are anything to go by)!

Morning Karen glad to hear your news on the house......enjoy the builders

thanks ladies. xxxx i do feel a bit more positive now. Ive got 2 builders coming to do quotes tomorrow and another 2 on thursday. That should do the trick!

The fish nibbling was lovely. me and mother enjoyed a nice soak and 30 minutes of peace if nothing else! After that we met with my sister and had our chinese lunch. I feel like i was naughty but i know i was good. I had salad and dry ribs, satayed chicken breasts and some kind of dry pork.it was LOVELY! my sister was much naughtier and had some saucy things. anyways, i really enjoyed it and am still too full to even think about dinner. dont quite know why i feel so guilty though...

Brilliant plan on the house, Karen - and love the comment about eye candy builders :D

There is nothing like positive thinking from someone to make me feel so happy - so, go for it girl - you are so going to fit into that dress! Or even have to buy another smaller one!

Evening Karen... Great decision and sounds like you had a great toe nibbling day! Xxx

Good Morning Lovelies,

Ive woken up really tired and had some very strange dreams about people from work. It doesnt really matter about the tiredness though as ive not got to be anywhere today until this evening. Im running a childrens forum tonight as part of my uni course and placement. I really cannot be bothered with it though! at least my placement finishes afterwards... thats one less stress in my life!

Todays food is:

B - 2 x jamie oliver sausages, 2 x bacon and 1 egg
L - smoked sausage salad
D - Chicken Stirfry

Back