Katalena's RTM thoughts & thingies!

Babe my head still wobbles all over the show with this, it is just seriously one day at a time, and we all learn from each other, and hold each others hands and get each other through the rough stuff!!! RTM is the BIGGEST learning curve, it is doing an mba compared to graduating high school (abstinence)

Jez
xx

Kat, I think you are not giving yourself enough credit for how you're doing...honest. I'm still having wobbles which might not be what you want to hear. It would be nice for us all to think that by the end of RTM we will have it all sorted and be totally calm about it all. However, we all need about a year I guess to go through holidays, birthdays, down times, up times....the whole lot really. And with all that comes experience which we learn from...or at least I'm hoping I'll learn from......:D

Hi Kat - you wobble away hun. it shows you are a thinking being who is challenging things for yourself and not just following others.

I'm going to pinch your quorn pieces in cabbage wraps recipe as soon as I can. I may even be able to start cooking meals I can share with my veggie OH again very soon. :p

xx

Thank you all. Without you this would be a whole lot harder xx

Week 3, Day 20

Well today was my long London day. I text LLC this morning about my lil head craze over the weekend and she is so fabulous at putting you at ease. She tried to call me but unfortunately I was sat in the quiet carriage on the train and it was all a lil too close and personal to be able to chat with her so I called her at the end of the day. She made me feel much better. She is not concerned about my food choices/calorie intake but she thinks I may be drinking far too much fluid and my body is holding onto it!

I did have my 2nd foodpack today. I had it at lunch time.

Tonight for dinner I had quorn chicken style pieces in the left over Moroccan style sundried tomato & cinnamon sauce wrapped in savoy cabbage leaves topped with some fromage frais - once I finished I thought for a moment and decided I didn't need the fromage frais - I enjoyed it so don't regret it but in future I shall not have it on top and it wasn't spicy enough to need it and I did't try it first to check.

I had some more fruit & yoghurt which I also don't feel I needed.

Such a learning curve :)

After my talk with LLC she has agreed I can go and see her tomorrow for a chat rather than waiting till Wednesday which is only one more day but I need to calm my inner self tomorrow :)

Kat xx

Last edited:
Kat i agree RTM is def a learning curve for us,
wednesday is the last time ill see my llc, but i spoke with her today which was awesome, the llc really know how to put your mind at ease, what do you think of quorn style chicken pieces they are awesome aren't they :)

I don't mind quorn, it is something I have always used as I go through phases where I enjoy it more than meat and visa versa.

Tonight's meal was nice but it was nice with chicken the other night too although that one I had with quinoa not savoy cabbage.

I like quorn mince too - going to make a chilli at some point :)

Kat xx

yeah i love quorn mince :)
i had prawns today was delightful to say the least, been along time since i had prawns
tomorrow ill be making a soup or something :)

I have moved our conversation on the other thread of Woosters to here Ken :)

You won't be undoing your hard work by upping the calorie intake, you will be giving your body the supplies of the right foods, in the right quantities that it needs :) Huge difference honey ;)

You have learnt to make the right food choices and will continue to do so even on the calorie increase which I am sure will be scary at first as you will be eating a considerable amount more.

To see the improvements from your exercise your body needs the resources, think how buff you will be looking then ;) lol

Kat xx

yeah i agree KAT, it'll make me abit wary at first like am i doing this right, but im sure i will do fine :) just going to do the back room up and order a fair bit of gym equipment now :) so come next summer ill have that beach body :)

Week 3, Day 21

I lost 2lb :)

More later

Kat xx

well done you :)

:D:D:D:D

Week 3, Day 21 continued...

Well I am a happy girly tonight!

Usual food and drinks through the day although I did try and cut down on the fluid as LLC had pointed out that I was drinking a huge amount!

Went to LL tonight - lost 2lb, so very happy to be back 2lb below target.

Had a good natter with LLC tonight. She wants me to build up to 1000-1200 calories a day.

Starting week 4 tomorrow - where does that time go!? I am very much looking forward to onions and COOKING my veg!

I collected a couple of chilli con carne packs tonight to try - funny as I can now make the real thing! But got to give them a shot. If I don't like it I have a few spare vanilla shakes!

OH - I ate out tonight! First time in ages. It wasn't great but it was "ok". It was just a Marsdens pub so pre packed food. I ordered a salad of lettuce, tomatoe & cucumber with no dressing with a serving of flaked tuna & prawns with no sauces/mayo. The prawns seemed rather dry and not "hidden" in sauce but they were ok. The did add a small amount of red onion which I am not due to introduce until tomorrow but I did not stress about it!

WEEK 4 starts tomorrow! :) Must go shopping after work tomorrow.

Kat xx

Well done on the weight loss Kat. Bet that put your mind at rest. I'm sure the red onion will be no problem. I introduced tomoatoes a few days early with no probs.

Can I pick your brains? Where will I be able to pick up quinoa (? spelling) as I really want to try it....:)

Literally just replied on your post hun ;)

Kat xx

Well done on the weight loss Kat. Bet that put your mind at rest. I'm sure the red onion will be no problem. I introduced tomoatoes a few days early with no probs.

Can I pick your brains? Where will I be able to pick up quinoa (? spelling) as I really want to try it....:)

Back