Kate - goodbye JUDDDD

They need to know so that they can adjust the bindings on the skis. The bindings are adjusted for safety so that, if you fall, you will come out of your skis. If they are wrongly adjusted, you won't come out of your skis, so you'll break either the skis or your legs. Usually your legs. The tightness of the bindings depends on the weight load, so they need to know your weight. Sometimes they don't ask - they just get you to step on the scales in the middle of the shop (horrible, horrible)!

The Bloat

Today I have The Bloat. My hands are all puffy and so are my feet. I have gained six pounds which I presume is all water weight.

Recently I have been consistent in my failure to drink enough water. However, I've had a good idea. I posted elsewhere about Workrave, which is a little app designed to bleep at you when it's time to take a break from working at the PC. If I set it to every hour, and then every time it goes off, grab a pint of water, I should be back to normal in no time.

I hope so anyway!

It's awful, isn't it? It's TOTM. Two months ago I put on seven pounds overnight and then lost it again the following day. :eek:

At least I know why, but it's still disheartening, especially when I look at my little graph and see that I'm a pound heavier than when I started.

Focus, Katie, focus. It's water, not fat.

The increasing water thing - I think it was Russian Doll that posted abotu it but i have also downloaded a reminder from water aid to my work computer - Reminds you to drink more water i think every hour. -it works a treat

RussianDoll if you are reading this - Thanks for that

WaterAid

Ooh Shazza, you are a star with the helpful links! Thank you! Kx

No worries - love reading your diary - and your fitness regime - when I grow up I wanna be just like you:) :) :)

The increasing water thing - I think it was Russian Doll that posted abotu it but i have also downloaded a reminder from water aid to my work computer - Reminds you to drink more water i think every hour. -it works a treat

RussianDoll if you are reading this - Thanks for that

WaterAid

No I stand corrected - it was Mrs Tweedy - Thank You

Well, I've discovered that, according to the Water Aid hydration calculator:

Hydration calculator | WaterAid

...I should be drinking 19 glasses of water a day - 4.75 litres. Wow. I know that probably doesn't sound like much to a lot of people, particularly those on LL, but it's a huge amount when you're eating as well (because, of course, you get a lot of water just from the foods you eat). Of course, if I actually did drink that much (which I don't - it's usually more like 3-4 litres and sometimes even less) I would probably eat less because I would always be completely full of water! :eek:

Drinking the water is definitely helping. Four of the excess six pounds came off again overnight (and the other two probably would have gone the same way if not for the half bottle of champagne I had yesterday evening).

I had aerobics this morning - my third last Sunday class. I finish on the 28th. I'm sad to go, but I'm quite excited at the idea of having a day off, and being able to lie in on a Sunday morning, which I haven't done for over a year!

Well, I haven't had much to say over the last week. There's been a lot going on, but I've only lost half a pound. It's no big deal, but I really need to aim for a bit more - a pound a week would still let me do it in time for the wedding, but I have two other mini-goal dates - the 17th Feb and the 24th March.

17th Feb is exactly 4 weeks from today, and 24th March is 9 weeks. I'd like to have lost another half stone for the Feb date and a stone by the March date (that'd be a total loss of nearly 1 and a half stone, cos I've already lost 6 and a half pounds).

Hmm, actually, looking at it I've lost 5 and a half pounds because I counted my start date as the beginning of January (I lost a pound between Christmas and New Year which doesn't count towards the 2 stone I want to lose).

Oh, I've just looked back to my last post. I am pleased to report that all that retained water came off the following day. It's been a bloaty week in general, really, and I'm still a bit puffy today. Who knows, perhaps I'll have a better loss this week - I'd love to think I've actually lost more fat and retained water but I think the truth may be that I've just eaten too much junk this week. :eek:

If you look in my sig you'll see I use Bellygraph to chart my progress. Well, I've started another graph with them in which I will record the calories I think I've earned each day (i.e. my total calorie deficit). This is much more of a motivator in many ways - it's like announcing how much I ate on a daily basis. Since I exercise every day, it's going to be shameful if I can't earn at least some calories every day - particularly on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday when I have two classes each day.

Well, here's the chart. I've put in dummy data for today because it won't generate the chart with just one entry. I'll change today's entry at the end of the day when I have a clearer picture of my calorie deficit.

Fun, isn't it? You can create graphs and charts for anything you like, and it's free. You can customise the colours and things, too. I might make the calorie chart green and red or something instead of black and yellow.

I've updated my calorie deficit for the day and I've saved a respectable 1000 calories (ish).

My daily goal is 1000. It's not at all clear on the graph, but there is actually a target line at the 1000 mark, so that's what I have to aim for every day. That should result in a 2lb loss per week (here's hoping! I need to make up for last week's indulgences).

Oh, and here are my SMARTs*:

S - lose 28lb this year
M - lose 2lb per week
A - absolutely, if I stick to it
R - with all the exercise I do, yes
T - 2lb per week; 7lb in the next 4 weeks; 14lb in the next 9 weeks; all 28lb gone by 2nd July (perhaps I should shift this last one forward a bit to stop myself getting lazy with the last half stone)

*in case you don't know what I'm on about, SMART goals are - s: specific, m: measurable, a: attainable, r: realistic, t: time-bound. We do this when setting fitness goals for clients but it applies to any kind of goal setting. Personally, I feel that the A should also stand for Accountable - write down your goals and show them to someone else - hence my love of charts and graphs and reports :)

I have to admit last night was quite hard. I was really hungry, but I was determined to create a 1000 calorie deficit rather than a 500 (really want those 2lb per week!) and I just drank loads and loads of water instead of eating. What I would usually have done would be to have something small, probably less than 500 calories, and it wouldn't have mattered, but now that I've set myself this goal I want to reach it.

Anyway, according to the scales this morning it has paid off. I'll wait until Wednesday, which is my weigh in day, to update my weight graph, but 2lb this week is looking very possible!

1500 calories saved today! Wow!

I love my little graphs. I can see clearly that I've earned myself enough calories for a pound of fat in the last three days.

2 Combat classes tomorrow, so lots of potential there for earning calories! Bring it on!

My favourite trousers...

I have a favourite pair of trousers. They're really flattering, long leg, wide leg. I can dress them up or dress them down. I've worn them a lot over the last year, although admittedly they ended the year a bit looser than they started it.

Because I love them so much, I'm giving them until the end of the week, but I really can't justify wearing them any more - they look like I'm wearing my big sister's hand-me-downs. All baggy and huge. Poor trousers. I will miss them.

Fortunately I have another pair of them in a size 12 and I'm hoping it won't be too long before I can wear those (I can get them on already but they're still too tight and I don't want to pull the stitches since I hope to be wearing them for a while!).

Side note: I can't wait to update my graph tomorrow! It's looking good!

Back