Kate - goodbye JUDDDD

As you can see, I have not been updating my graph every day, but that's because I was away over the weekend on a training course. Every day that I can weigh, I will update the graph.

Anyway, at the end of the week I had lost 3lb which made me very pleased. I had an up day yesterday but had only put on half a pound this morning. I did four hours of exercise - 2 Body Balance classes, 1 Body Combat and 1 Body Jam. Calorie burn is low during Body Balance but pretty high during Jam and Combat so I can see how, despite having pizza and ice cream for dinner, I only put on half a pound.

Today I have 2 Combat classes and I will probably do about an hour of Jam technique practice as well. This probably means, although it's only 3 hours of exercise compared to yesterday's 4 hours, I will burn more calories doing it.

However, this also means that although today is a down day, I will be eating around 1500 calories! I know I'm very much an atypical JUDDDDerer but as I think I've posted elsewhere, I'm losing weight anyway and quite like the idea of trying JUDDDD to see how it works with higher calories and higher exercise levels. So far, the results would seem to suggest that it still works the same way, and I haven't been short of energy for my classes, but I won't be able to draw any firm conclusions for at least a couple of weeks.

I would just like to finish my post by suggesting that while it might look like a great way to earn extra calories, nobody else should attempt four hours of exercise a day.:rolleyes: Remember I get paid to do it.:D

Well Done Kate - you are doing brilliantly, no wonder you sound so pleased! It is great to see someone adapting the Juddd for themselves and still coming out with great results!

Cheers Barb! It's a really fun way of eating - really stress-less. I can't wait to see what sort of long term results we all get out of it.

The other nice thing is that it is completely adaptable for holidays and special occasions - we don't have to have 'time off' a diet which can be quite a psychological leap (and can also easily go from being one day off to three or four!). The more I think about it, the more I'm impressed with the idea. I know body builders who do something sort of similar - have 'up' time combined with strength training to build muscle, and 'down' time to lose fat.

Grr!

I've just had a very insulting email from a prospective client. I will not copy and paste anything because obviously that would be inappropriate, but here is the gist of it. A woman emailed me saying that she and her husband wanted to do CD and wanted some advice. That was all the information she gave, so I emailed back saying sure thing, what could I help her with? She responded with a few questions. I emailed back a very factual response giving her all the information she had asked for and going into quite a lot of detail. I like to be thorough. One of the questions she had asked was whether I did home visits, and I explained that I didn't. I think that might be the reason for the next bit (it's the ONLY thing that I can think of).

I got an email from her husband a couple of hours ago, one sentence that basically said: "[wife], ring the other woman, this one seems a bit flighty". Now obviously this was not meant for me, but WTF?

Flighty?

::seethe:: :mad:

Hi Kate,

I'm sorry to hear of the horrible e-mail u received - some people just don't know the meaning of manners. I hope that it didn't upset ur day.

I've been reading ur diary with interest, on how u're doing JUDDDD and exercising and I need some advice please if u don't mind?
- with u doing so much exercise, on down-days what do u tend to eat? I'm only asking as I'm on an intensive fitness regime (lots of cardio, boxing, interval training and weights) - I go to the gym at least 4 times a week. Any advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks, and I hope today is a great day for u hun.

Much love, chelle xx

Last edited:
Hi Chelle

Oh, not to worry, I just got miffed that I'd bothered to go into such detail and that still wasn't good enough. Some people eh?:rolleyes:

I'm not sure that it would be terribly helpful to post what I eat - on average I teach two or three high intensity cardio classes per day so I probably need an extra 500-1000 calories more per day than you do.

I'm not trying to be secretive, it's just that my routine is so far removed from what anyone else does that it wouldn't help anyone to try to copy what I do, and I don't want to mislead anyone.

However, I will say that on both UDs and DDs I do pay great attention to the types of foods I'm eating, making sure I get plenty of carbs, fruit and veg, usually cereal, sometimes bread or potatoes. Pasta for dinner on DDs, with a good protein source like prawns or turkey. I also buy cartons of egg white which is handy stuff because it's the best source of protein but with negligible calories. On DDs it's fuel for exercise, pure and simple.

I saw on the other thread that you broke a little plateau there Kate.:clap: Bet that was a relief;)

Well done gal.

BTW, what do you do with your egg whites? Omelettes? Anything else?

Oooooooooooh, you can get cartons of egg whites? That I did not know.

Gosh, egg whites are great. Where do I start? I don't actually make egg white omelettes because I think they're awfully boring - if I eat an omelette it's going to have yolk in it :) But I do use them to add protein where it might otherwise be lacking and to make certain dishes more interesting e.g. I use them to make fried rice (boil rice as normal, add seasoning and egg white and dry fry), eggy pasta (stir into pasta until solidified), and protein shakes. You could also use them to make low fat eggy bread, or low fat eggy anything really. Also sometimes where a recipe calls for two eggs I will use one egg and one egg white. I buy mine from:

Egg Nation, pure liquid egg white products to buy online, all natural & free range!

Reactions: KD
Thanks Kate. Sounds interesting. I know some of my US friends will go into a restaurant and as for egg white omlettes, but never really known what else to do with them.

Can't find them around here:confused: So maybe if I get some, it'll have to be via the web.

How well do they last? Do you know any supermarkets that sell it? DH tells me our ASDA doesn't and not sure where to look in other shops.

Well, inspired by Barb and her Mini Milks I thought you might be interested to know about my snacks. I do quite a lot of snacking because of the positive effect it has on the metabolism. However, it has to be "Smart Snacking" otherwise you end up with far more calories than you need, and that defeats the object.

So here are some of my top Smart Snack finds:

Mini Milks (ta Barb!) - 30 calories
Frozen grapes - 3 or 4 calories each
Crispbread with a scrape of Philadelphia Light with chives - about 25 calories, in fact even if you have a lot of Philadelphia Light it's still only going to be around 40 calories since the whole tub only has 320 calories in it and the crispbread has less than 20
New discovery: Asda raspberry cakes, which are just like mini Jaffas - 17 calories each
Baby carrots: 38 cals per 100g

Oh, I have to restart my PC. I will type more later.

I like this idea Kate, more inspiration for cal counting Judddies.

100g strawberries and 100ml of walls Light vanilla ice cream = 92 cals YUMMMMMMM

If you live near the beach, as I do, bag of shrimps, takes ages to peel and yields a very low cal count!

Green salad with a some low cal french dressing, can do a nice plateful for about 25-30 cals!

Hi KD

You can keep them in the freezer. Once you defrost them they are good for seven days. If I knew of a supermarket that sold them I wouldn't buy them online :)

However, eggnation has free shipping which is rather handy.

Kx

You know KD, after this thread, I decided to try making an egg white omelette last night (I say 'try' but I fail to see how one could get it wrong when using a carton of egg whites - pour, fry, flip, eat, not even any need to beat) and it was actually okay. I was doing omelettes anyway and I would usually use one egg plus some whites, but figured why not? I got a massive omelette, around 100 calories, and I was eating it with bacon, chilli beans and mushrooms anyway so the consistency was more important than the taste since there were stronger flavours already on the plate.

I wouldn't have it on its own though, ugh, boring. But a nice filler as part of a 'fry up' (the only thing fried was the omelette and that was dry fried, but still we call it a 'fry up'!).

Gosh, I've just been looking over this thread and re-reading the January posts. How funny! Those size 12 trousers I was hoping to get into soon? Now they're a good fit, just a teeny bit loose. That 2 stone? Gone, and took another 5lb with it as well so far. My goal of being a size 12? Still there, but only because I'm a size bigger in tops than in trousers. So size 12 tops, size 10 trousers is what I'm now aiming for.

When will I stop moving the goalposts? Good question. When I can wear a crop top to the gym without fear of excessive wobbling, probably.

Edited to add: oh yes, and those jeans from Feb/March now not only fit but can be worn with babydoll tees without fear of tummy overhang.

I've just thrown out some clothes. Only clothes that don't fit me any more.

Here's the depressing truth. Apart from gym clothes (and underwear, socks and accessories like gloves etc.) here is the sum total of all the clothing I own:

2 pairs of trousers
3 dresses (one long red one, one tarty Karen Millen one, one long black velvet one with Morticia sleeves)
1 suit (red shift dress and matching jacket)
5 plain black tops (2 shirts, 3 long sleeved tops)
4 jackets - one of them is a size 20 that I have to have altered so it's currently unwearable, another is a full length wool winter coat, one is full length and hot pink (so not really everydaywear) and the last one is a red 3/4 length trench which actually saves my entire wardrobe because I can team it with any pair of trousers and look great
1 pair of jeans

THE END

So, no more JUDDDD for me. I've followed it for four weeks and it definitely works with increased levels of exercise and higher calories (I never went below 1000 calories on a DD, and I think I only went below 1200 twice, and I rarely do less than an hour of aerobic exercise per day - the average has been 2 hours plus flexibility and strength training on top of that).

I've lost a total of 8lb which makes 2lb per week. This is the same rate of loss I was already getting, so I'm pretty pleased. I am not going to stick with JUDDDD, because I don't find it comes naturally to me to eat that way, so I will go back to what I was already doing (which, for me, takes no thought at all) in order to lose this last little bit.

Incidentally, one stone from now I will have lost 100lb in total.

Back