Kate - goodbye JUDDDD

We worked it out and it's probably even more intense than running a marathon (just a different type of exercise, that's all).

There was a bloke there who wore a heart rate monitor and he burned over 8000 calories :)

Those jeans from a few posts back?

I wore them out to lunch with a friend today. I couldn't stop looking at myself as I walked past shop windows :eek:

I didn't expect to get them on so soon. Need to be realistic. They are stretchier than I realised, so still not at goal just yet. I have other clothes that have yet to fit properly, and anyway, although I can wear the jeans, I couldn't wear them with a babydoll tee - they're still too tight for that sort of exposure. That's the next thing to aim for!

I know! I was so chuffed that I wore them all day even though they were getting a bit uncomfortable after I had a fairly large tea (see my calorie chart - no calories saved yesterday!)! :eek:

Well, I've come off the rails a bit over the last week. Sure, there's a good reason for it (the exercise) and I did lose another pound this week (forgot to mention that yesterday, I was so happy about the jeans!) but it's time to knuckle down and get back on track as I only have four weeks and two days now until my second mini goal, and eight pounds I want to see the back of in that time.

I'm off to a Body Combat class right now, so that's a good start.

I've now lost a stone and one pound. I ate quite a lot at the weekend and felt like a real pig because I didn't do any classes but we spent the weekend clearing out the house so I appear to have burned a LOT of calories doing that. Apart from going to the gym I don't lead a very active lifestyle any more so I tend to forget how many calories you can burn just doing household stuff.

The jeans are fitting fairly well but I do have some little problems - all my nice new ski gear which I bought last year is now too big. I can get away with the jacket, but I am going to have to buy new trousers because they're a whole size too big and even with the little belt they pull down if I squat or crouch.

I didn't mind buying new gear last year, because I'd been wearing mostly the same stuff for the last few seasons, but the salopettes from last year have only been worn for six days' skiing! Plus, I'll probably have to buy yet another pair for next year (although that will be the last pair for a while).

I've had to chuck several pairs of trousers now - all the bigger 14s are on their way out although I can still wear some of the smaller ones - so it's lucky that I have plenty of small sportswear. I'm running out of everyday clothing though and am forced to dress up most of the time because I have very few options for dressing down. A trip to ASDA is in order methinks.

Wish you weren't so far away - you deserve a major :hug99: for all your hard work, and shopping is such a pleasant passtime!;)

I've decided to change my goal. I wanted to lose 2 stone, but now that I've lost 16lb of that it's clear that I would still benefit from losing some more after I lose the remaining 12lb. So I've changed my graph to reflect this - I'm now aiming for 3 stone total (which from where I am is only another 1 stone 12).

I have thought about adding a ticker to show *all* the weight I have lost going back 2 years. My total loss, when I reach my new goal, will be around 8 stone.

Last week I printed out my 'big' pics and I've been showing them to some of the folks at the gym (everyone has noticed my recent weight loss and it's prompted some discussion about how far I've actually come). Interestingly, this has resulted in a mini-boom in my class numbers; apparently people are finding me quite inspirational at the moment. It's rather nice! :D

Well, I'm now at the halfway point. I've lost a stone and a half; got another stone and a half still to go. I've discovered that someone I know is getting married 6 weeks before me in the dress I was planning to buy. Well, she's offered to sell it to me at an amazing price (1/5 of the store price) after her wedding. I can't argue with that. However, it's a size 12 (which in wedding dress lingo means a size 10). This won't be a problem but at the same time it seems a slightly scary thing to commit to! If for some reason I can't slim into it I will only have 6 weeks to make other arrangements!

I have the measurements, and I'm actually a lot closer to getting into it than I would ever have imagined, particularly in the waist! - but I have to lose a few inches from the bust, two more than I need to lose from the waist. I know I can do it but I hate the idea of putting pressure on myself to lose by a certain date. 5 months until the wedding - I know I can do it but I don't want to be one of those brides who's still trying to lose the last few pounds the week before the wedding. Sigh. I'm not completely convinced this is a good idea.

Well, here I am, 2 stone down as of today. I have one more stone to lose (I think). I'm quite comfortably in size 12 trousers, although I'm more like a 14 in tops (I've got a broad back so I'm always a size bigger in tops).

The dress is a lot closer to fitting but there is still work to be done. 15 weeks until the wedding - time flies! I figure that I can drop to a size 12 in tops and 10 in bottoms in 15 weeks, and then everything will fit (but the dress will have to be taken in at the waist - it fits perfectly in the waist at the moment).

Now to get on with the invitations!

So true! I'm quite driven :)

mhg.gif

your a star
30627iw0kr3n6ds.gif

kaz xx

Reactions: DQ
Well, I'm on day 3 of JUDDDD. I'm a daily weigher so you might be interested in my stats.

After day 1 I had lost 3lb. I've weighed this morning after day 2 and put on 2lb, so I'm now one pound down.

Unfortunately, since I've had a horrible cold all weekend and it's not going away, I put on 2lb since last week (it's pure water retention, my feet are so puffy they are uncomfortable) so I'm actually a pound up over last week. That's no worry, though - that will go away on its own. Figured I should mention it, though, so that in a few days when I go "wow, I lost 3lb overnight!" you'll know I'm not some kind of medical miracle.

On day 1 I ate approx 1000 calories and I did one Body Combat class and one Body Balance. On day 2 I ate approx 2500 and I did 2 Body Combat classes. Average daily calorie intake = 1750, average daily calorie burn from exercise = 600ish (didn't wear a HRM so this is a bit of an educated guess).

Oh, I should point out: I do NOT recommend anyone do two exercise classes on 1000 calories, particularly anything as intense as Body Combat. Please remember that I know what I am doing; also that I take snacks with me just in case, and if I am feeling even slightly off colour I will eat them.

Anyway, the other thing: new Bellygraph! I'm going to fill in my daily weights and see what happens.

Hi kate, good to see someone else JUDDERING. I am really intrigued by the whole thing, especially the health benefits for asthma. I am on day 3 which is a DD and so far have lsot 2lbs. Very pleased!

Love

Back