Step 1 Sole Source Kate's Daily Diary

3 days back on Ss completed as CDC said it was ok to get back into the swing of things. Amazing how quick you forget the crushing tiredness of eating so few calories! Back on step 2 from Friday...so tomorrow! :)

X

12 weeks on SS then 2 weeks step 2 (with a few intentional hiccups!!) but still..,60lbs down...24lbs to go!

Even though I was happy to drink etc when at my residential school and at the wedding...now I'm home the desire has completely gone. And hunger hasn't been an issue at all. Just shows how it's defo more to do with habits and mindset than what your tummy is 'telling you'!

You're so right! It is about habit and reminding yourself, food is only fuel. Breaking habits is the hardest part xxx

7lbs gone, 23lbs to go x

Good thanks! Haven't been on much as am on hols in the south of France. Apart from the odd glass of wine I've been pretty much step 2. We're self catering so just like being at home, really. Am hoping for a loss at my weigh in on 3rd sept, but not stressing about it. The journey was tough as was basically ss as we were on the road for 2 days so suitable food wasn't readily. However, I have managed to translate the French for zero fat plain yoghurt and have found it in the local intermarche and now all is well with the world...except the battery has gone in my kitchen scales that I dutifully brought with me! We're walking a fair bit either to the pool or the beach and playing tennis and swimming daily. But who am i kidding...that's not real exercise! am currently lying by the pool in the sunshine whilst hubby plays with the kids. Divine! :)

12 weeks on SS then 2 weeks step 2 (with a few intentional hiccups!!) but still..,60lbs down...24lbs to go!

Sounds lush! Have fun, you deserve it x

7lbs gone, 23lbs to go x

Kate, wow. South of France - I'm jealously replying from my sofa! You are brilliant though for even thinking about weighing and measuring whilst away :)

Hope the slinky new you has a fabby time, and gets a good rest with your family - well deserved :)

Take care xx

Thanks guys. Well it's been an interesting ten days or so. All fine til last weds when I got a call saying my uncle in Ireland had died on tues eve and as irish funerals are arranged really quickly, his funeral was last Friday!! I managed to get a return flight from Montpelier to Dublin then met my dad at the airport who drove down to cork for the funeral. Best of intentions but Cambridge kind of went out the window for a few days as I may have toasted my uncle's memory a few times! ;) Got back to France late sat night and am still recovering! But was lovely to see my family and say goodbye. Weather here is much better than cork tho! Back to reality next Sunday... X

Hope everyone doing ok xxx

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I'm glad that you were able to attend his funeral after all.
Take your time and then kick some ass once back into reality :) xx

Kate, I've only just seen this, I do so hope all is ok with you, and my deepest sympathies for the loss of your uncle - are you and your family ok? Bereavement is hard at any time, but it sounds like you had a lot of travelling too. (((Hugs)))

I hope you had a good holiday though and look forward to hearing your news soon! Xx

Just sitting at the port at Calais catching up and waiting for our ferry. Should be home by bedtime. Can't wait to get back on Ss tomorrow. That's the wierdest thing I've ever said, but after the carnage of the alcohol and food at the funeral etc I decided I'd just eat with the family the rest of the holiday. So I'm dreading weigh in but absolutely craving the simplicity of routine! Although my size 12s still fit. :)

Soooo...have been back two days. Back on SS and determined. Gained half a stone according to my scales, which is less than i expected tbh!

Feel like I am in the zone again and avoiding the scales til weigh in on tues. I spoke to my CDC and as I have over a week's worth of packs left, I'm leaving it another week...mainly as I know an 'official' gain will mess with my head!

So much easier now I am home. :) :) :)

K x

Into the 'dreaded' day 4 back on ss and you know what...I don't feel too bad. :D That said, i have netball practice at 7 for the first time in weeks, so I may well be dead by bedtime!

Managed to lose pretty much all the scales said I'd gained by this morning, so hoping for a loss at my next weigh in. Woo hoo! Will be back on step 2 in no time. :)

Hope everyone else is well.

K xxx

Into the 'dreaded' day 4 back on ss and you know what...I don't feel too bad. :D That said, i have netball practice at 7 for the first time in weeks, so I may well be dead by bedtime!

Managed to lose pretty much all the scales said I'd gained by this morning, so hoping for a loss at my next weigh in. Woo hoo! Will be back on step 2 in no time. :)

Hope everyone else is well.

K xxx

So I survived netball. And the new kit arrived tonight...ordered by my coach on my behalf as I was on hols. She'd ordered me a twelve, as she'd guessed my size and my heart sank when I saw it...no way would I ever get a twelve over my boobs...except the trousers and the top I wore today were both a twelve...and you'll never guess IT ONLY BLOODY FITS!! :) :) :) Now don't get me wrong...it's stretchy and not at all attractive, but I can wear it for next week's match (first of the season) without crying. :) Considering back at the beginning of may I was an 18/20...this is a very big deal for me. Even the thought of wearing stretch Lycra in public would have been unthinkable. I just need to survive the matches! ;)

From a cd point of view, day 4 was another 100% ss day. I think I'll go up to step 2 again from tues, as although the weight loss is quick, I know I need to eat in a controlled way. My bmi is almost 25 so I need to go up a step...just need to make sure all remnants of the holiday/funeral are gone!

K x

Great ta! Just lost our first match 35-7 but it was fun. :) and had my first weigh in this week since hols with a loss so all good. :) Can't wait for weigh in this week. Am doing a mixture of as and step 2 this week and loving it. Hope everyone ok. :) xx

18 weeks in...64lbs down...21lbs to go!

Just read this whole diary and it is just the inspiration I needed for my restart tomorrow! I lost 3 stone last year and was feeling amazing.....have put it all back on in the last 10 months. I broke up from my fiance and haven't dealt with it very well. Been eating and drinking far far too much and it's time to reign it in and sort myself out!

Will be continuing to read this with interest! x

Back