Kate's Diary...A New Me!!!

Thank you so much Su. I don't even know why it happened really.
For the first time on Friday evening i felt really light headed and like i could easily pass out. I think something triggered in my head that the way to stop it was to eat something.
I am also feeling quite down at the moment and i've been really upbeat and happy lately.
Thanks to people like yourself on here though i am able to get back up and carry on.
You have done amazingly well on Lt.....good luck for your last little journey on it xx

Oh Kate what happened? The dizziness is horrid isn't it? Hope that you were sensible and had eggs or something? In which case it needn't be a right-off.....make sure that you space your shakes out during the day, split them into two if necessary and keep drinking the water.

This diet is emotional though babes, like a bloody roller coaster .......

Sandra, i think i panicked with the dizziness. I suffer from migraines anyway and at times have problems with being dizzy and light headed even when eating.
I am fine all through the week, it's the bloomin weekends :(
I am now making my shakes with a pint of water and i have cut out the coffee totally and i am just drinking cold water.
Feel much better in myself so maybe the coffee was the problem!
I've sat and watched the video on the LT website and keep logging onto here reading through all the diaries and hopefully it will help.
My mini goal for this week now is to keep at 100% until WI Friday. No excuses then for not being able to stay at 100%.
Thanks for your support again :) xx

My pleasure...I get at least one room spin a day at the moment cos of low blood pressure. It was fine until I had my op but doesn't seem to be going back to normal in a hurry, hope it doesn't last for ever......

Agree with the coffee, that can only make things worse!

Well,
I saw my friend at the school today who started LT last week.
I know she really struggled to start with and was eating some very naughty things but she has managed to finish the first week.
According to her scales she has lost about 8 lbs and had the biggest smile ever on her face.
It is really nice for me to be able to talk face to face with someone going through what i am.
She doesn't have any internet access which is a shame because it is such a help having the support on here.
I have been snowed under with headaches but that is not down to the diet at all. I ran out of the tablets i take each morning to prevent headaches/migraines last week and only just remembered this morning to go and collect some more from the chemist.
Major boo boo on my part and explains why i have been feeling so rough.
Must be my age making me so forgetful :D xx

You're doing great, and I also try to avoid coffee as it doesn't make me feel good - and I used to drink loads! It makes the stuffy mouth taste even stuffier!!

Thanks Lola. Too much coffee and lack of migraine tablets were the biggest recipe for disaster ever.
I was really confused as to why i felt so rough in week 6 when i have felt great most of the time so far.
Main thing is i now know what was wrong and i can get back to normal.
Now all i need is for this horrible rain to sod off so i can get back out for my long walks!! xx

Must be great to speak face to face to someone who's in same position as you i.e. On TFR. I guess you'll be comparing notes!

Yes it is nice because she struggles equally as badly as me so we can help each other long.

Today i feel much much better. No feeling light headed or weighed down with a bad head so i have detoured on my walk to and from school and added an extra hour to it.
Not sure what result i will get with WI on Friday but feeling so rough and eating i won't be hoping for much xx

Hey Kate, I'm sorry you have had a bad weekend, but i'm sure you will be able to pick yourself up and start again. ! weekend in so many over the course of this diet is such a small %, don't beat yourself up over it. And don't forget your less than an hours drive away from me so if you ever fancy meeting up for a water lol then you just let me know! xx

Not much i can say. +4 lbs this week and fully expected it.
Have sorted the headaches out and really got to knuckle down now.
I think this is the point where i either actually do this 100% or chuck the whole lot in like i have with all my other diets and end up putting everything back on plus some more!
I can and will do this x

Oh Kate, what's gone so wrong? If you can get your head back into gear you can reverse that gain in a couple of days and get back on track......come on sweetheart you've got to do this for the sake of your health. You've done brilliantly so far and there's no reason why your success shouldn't continue......

How's your head? X

Keep going Kate!! At least you are still 2lb lighter than the week before! Dig deep and find the strength and determination to carry on, coz your one of my inspirations on LT, go for it!!! xx

Thank you Sandra, headaches are gone again now i am taking the tablets i forgot to collect last week grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I have got through today without even giving it a second thought so it may be the kick i needed. Maybe if i actually get myself into ketosis instead of messing about i might find it a darn sight easier than i have so far. Thanks for your kind words xx

Thanks Claire, i am sorted now and not even a slight chance of me throwing it all way.
I am so thankful i have such amazing support here and to feel that people care.
Thanks again and good luck to you xx

Wow kate 2 sones in a month is amazing!!

Thank you for sharing your jouney it ha sreally helped to motivate me

Collette
x

Aww Kate, the down days are awful arent they, this week has been a bit of a rollarcoster of emotions. Try and focus on all the positive things that you have achieved.. your a strong minded woman with great will power, losing all that weight is admirable, keep going babes xxx

Back