Katie-x's Ketosis Journey....

Oh no :-( take it easy sweetpea. Take pain killers. Hope it eases... X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Did you strain your neck at all when doing the crunck exercise Kate,particularly as the pain started as soon as you tried to get up. Do you normally get Migraines

Take it easy today. Hope it starts to ease soon x

Deffo take painkillers , hope it eaees soon :)

Well I've stuck with it and didn't give in to the food thoughts, I did tell hubby that I wanted to kill him for putting the thought into my head, but I survived it.

Head is still hurting, haven't taken any painkillers though as I don't like them, I'd always rather know how much pain I'm in than not know.

Hardly done any steps today, had a very lazy day and just taken it easy so as not to put any more pressure on my head.

Am hoping everyone is having a really good weekend, and that those who are out tonight are having a great time, onwards and downwards my lovelies xx

Hi Katie, hope your head is easing off now, you have been so committed to this diet and doing so well it's been helping me along too. Well done for ignoring your hubby that must of been a real battle. x

Aww thanks Willow, that's a lovely thing to say, you're doing so well, stick with it and you'll soon be at goal xx

Hi Katie. I hope you feel better soon.

You're doing so well Katie. Well done for walking home from the salon. It's the little things that start us in the right direction and you're doing well for starting them xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done for battling through katie.

I dont like taking pain killers either but sometimes at some point you have to!

How are you feeling today?

Hi Katie. Hope you're feeling better this morning. If you're still in pain tomorrow morning you should go and see your GP.

Hope ur feeling better today Katie :) stick to plan for now n take it easy with the steps etc.

Have a nice day! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Hi Katie. How is your head today? x

Hi Katie :)

My head is forgotten and my stress level is through the roof!

Foodwise I'm still on plan though was so tempted to eat something earlier but told myself that eating wouldn't help so just bought a coke zero!

Am praying everyone else is having a good weekend, love to you all xx

Last edited:
Katie, really sorry to hear about your son although it does sound like at least things are moving in terms of diagnosis. Take care and come back when you can.

Big hugs for u Katie. Keep strong. Glad he's getting sorted now :)

Take care of urself hun x

Sorry to hear about your son Katie. How worried you all must have been.

Thank goodness that Dr was on duty & managed to get a diagnosis.

Hope he gets the treatment sorted & gets home soon x

Good luck with it all katie x

My head is forgotten and my stress level is through the roof! In short my youngest son (20) during the Christmas period kept getting temporary paralysis in his legs and partly in his arms, it's happened about 6 times since then, each time he's been to a@e by ambulance and it lasts between 6 and 15 hours, it happened last Saturday and then again today, he just wakes up paralysed. He had all sorts of blood tests and was found to have very over active thyroid and very low frolic acid and has been waiting to see a neurologist and endocrinologist to find the cause of it.

Today ay we were very lucky in A&E to have a very thorough doctor who sent him to a medical ward where we met the best doctor ever, he has found what's causing the paralysis, Thyrotoxic Periodic Paralysis which is mainly found in people from Asia, it's main symptom is low potassium and when they tested his it was dangerously low - he's now in hospital on a 16hr drip of potassium, that should ease the paralysis but they are now going to do further tests. I'm on a quick visit home now before going back so won't be around to catch up until later.

Foodwise I'm still on plan though was so tempted to eat something earlier but told myself that eating wouldn't help so just bought a coke zero!

Am praying everyone else is having a good weekend, love to you all xx

Awww hun. That's awful. I hope your son is on the mend very soon. Well done for staying strong though, it's so hard to do when stress has got a hold of you, so huge well done xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back