Katie-x's Ketosis Journey....

Well done Katie xx A 13.5 mile walk.....thats an achievement in itself!! I know I've said it before but you are a real inspiration! You should do the Exante 'Before and After' I bet you could really help more people with your motivational journey x

Last edited:
Have gently attacked the gym and done loads of the weights machines, now settled down with my last pack, a hot choc mint shake yum :)

Also did a mad housework blitz before going, think the ketosis fairies must have landed!

Got a busy couple of days ahead both work wise and evening wise, am in a different part of the county every morning and afternoon and am walking with TH tomorrow evening, gym Wednesday evening and skating on Thursday.....Friday is collapse day:D

I wish ketosis fairy would land at my house!! The only thing I get is Insomnia, headaches and wind lol ;-) oh I forgot the weight loss xx

Hi Katie

Well done on the gym stuff. I never used to do weights, just cardio - even though I hated it. I'm converted to resistance training now. Strong, not skinny! X

Start weight: 18.7
Prep week: 17.13 (-8lbs)
Week 1.1: STS, ill, off plan
Week 1.2: 17.9 (-4lbs) only on plan for 3 days
Week 2: 17.2 (-7lbs) 80% on plan
Week 3: 17.2 (STS)
Week 4: 17.3 (+1lb) not dieting

Hope you had a good weigh in today Katie.

A 4lb loss for me today so am down to 12-7 which is a 2lb gain on last Tuesdays weigh in, not hopeful of losing it by tomorrow but am off to the gym tonight to try and burn it off :)

Great loss and I hope you have a good weigh in today. You deserve to lose at least another 2lbs with all that walking and exercise. Good luck x

Day 50/59
Start weight - 14st 8.25lbs
Todays weight - 12st 6lbs
Loss since yesterday - 1lb
Loss to date - 30.25lbs (71lb)

This mornings weigh in showed a gain of 1lb for the week - I'm happy with this as it could have been so much worse!

I've got 9 days left on the diet before finishing for just over two weeks for my holiday - I've decided that I'm going to take some bars with me and have them as an occasional breakfast / lunch. The only bonus being on holiday in Europe is that I never do croissants or pastries for breakfast, sweet things aren't my downfall whereas the meats and cheese I really do enjoy, I'll just have to keep an eye on the bread!

Am meant to be on a walk with TH this evening but the weather isn't looking good, just had a thunderstorm and they are due to continue till 8pm and then it gets nice at 9pm :eek:

That's great Katie. Those pounds put on have disappeared in a flash. Just goes to show - you just have to get right back on the Exante train after a break and your journey will continue virtually without interruption.

Ooo not long till holidays then :)

Well even the best of intentions can be mislaid along the way....I drove to TH's and we set off outside to start our walk when the heavens opened and the thunder & lightning started, we headed back inside and settled down with a cuppa for a good chat with TH's (absolutely lovely) daughter. The conversation headed to and from food and somehow we all ended up in a local restaurant (where TH's daughter works) having a pizza

Not it quite the evening planned but we did have a lovely time, was all very relaxed and we chatted and laughed throughout - I have to admit that I was very (& I mean very) easily swayed whereas TH to her credit took some persuading......but there is a plus side in that we refused desserts - and were almost angelic in doing so!

Hope le the scales are forgiving in the morning :rolleyes: Xx

Day 51/59
Start weight - 14st 8.25lbs
Todays weight - 12st 6lbs
Loss since yesterday - sts
Loss to date - 30.25lbs (71lb)

Despite last nights blip I've stayed the same weight this morning - probably get a 2lb gain tomorrow!

Done a 3 mile walk with the dog, was the hottest I've walked in and it was only 7am, hopefully we'll have sunshine all day.

Have a great TS day everyone xx

We all will occasionally have a blip, but life is for the living and you've done so incredibly well so far! x

Life is for living Katie. Sounds like you all had a lovely time and that is just more important sometimes. Fantastic that you stayed the same too. What's your secret lol xx

Life is for living Katie. Sounds like you all had a lovely time and that is just more important sometimes. Fantastic that you stayed the same too. What's your secret lol xx

Not quite sure how I managed it Roxi...though maybe it's a good thing that I don't know the secret ;( x

Whey hey for sunny days - oh I do so love the sun, just wish I'd been able to enjoy sitting out in it instead of being in work! I had to go to Morecambe today so it was especially nice weather to drive in.

Dietwise all is well after yesterday, have just put a carbonara in to soak for half an hour, then I'll have a bar and a hot vanilla coffee later, around rightish.

My mind has turned to food occasionally today but to be honest I think it's because I know that I've only eight days to go until I finish for a couple of weeks - I'm refusing to give into it though.

On the plus side I've been thinking that after my meal out with TH that at least I didn't come home and eat or drink anything else - I had called at my mums on the way home and had a drink, went for black coffee and not my favourite tea with two sugars and I refused biscuits --- at other times I'd have thought 'ahh well I've blown it' and then gone on to eat more -- so maybe just maybe I'm getting there :) xx

Well done chick! I've been so busy that I've not had a chance to stray off the TS path :)

Looking forward to roller skating tomorrow! X
Good girl you :) I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time - it's been ages! Xx

You've been so strong and made great choices. Enjoy skating, I'd probably break both my legs in 10 seconds if I ever tried :D

Back