Katie-x's Ketosis Journey....

Aargh :sigh: I hate people having good news lol - just been informed that the couple we are going out with tomorrow have just got engaged today (it's lovely news really). He's one of our best friends, he's been hubby's best friend since they were 5 years old.

My only problem is that now I can't go out and drink water like I was planned to do, doesn't really sit well at an engagement celebration when there are only the four of us there. Hubby also wants me to have the day off for it to celebrate with them.

I know I shouldn't whinge but it just feels that every time I get to my low then something comes up :rolleyes:

Glad you found the earring, he must be a very busy saint. I know what you mean about the celebrations. They seem to always pop up when on a roll and reaching a milestone. There seems to be more of them when on this diet too! You can celebrate and be careful still, are you going to a restaurant x

Glad you found the earring, he must be a very busy saint. I know what you mean about the celebrations. They seem to always pop up when on a roll and reaching a milestone. There seems to be more of them when on this diet too! You can celebrate and be careful still, are you going to a restaurant x

The original plan was just a boozy session in our favourite real ale pub and lots of good beer with water for me - now we are meeting in the same place and we'll probably end up going on somewhere for a meal.

I met this man in 1987 and I've been waiting for him to get engaged/married ever since, I'm really happy for him xx

Enjoy the celebration katie. You have done and are still doing so well that one night off wont make a difference!! You will get straight back on it and if you dont daily weigh and just wait till weigh in day, you may not even notice a fluctuation :)

Thank you yoyo and thank you St Anthony :) I read your post and thought I'll do that then later thought I'll tell yoyo that I think I'd be better praying to St Jude (patron saint of hopeless cases) - about 1-2 hours ago I was sat quietly and said a prayer to St Anthony then about ten minutes ago I was in the garden with the dog, when I came in hubby pointed to the tv unit and asked if that was the back off my earring? It was! We pulled all the sofa out and tipped it up, found nothing (but two £2 coins) then hubby sat on the other sofa where he never sits and asked was that it glinting between the skirting board and the floor....and it was! He got a knife and slid it out - can't believe it, I'm so happy --- thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ha! Yey! Told you it works :) xx the marvellous st Anthony :) xx

Have a great time mrs :) congratulations to the newly engaged couple x
Cheers, I can't believe the day has come :)

Btw just been out with Marco and you wouldnt have believed it - between his new nose lead and loss of bits, there's no pulling amend he's seen about 5 dogs and not gone crazy :) xx

Have a great day Katie.

That's a bit easier then, Marco must have quite a pull on him I should imagine x

What's a nose lead?

Cheers, I can't believe the day has come :)

Btw just been out with Marco and you wouldnt have believed it - between his new nose lead and loss of bits, there's no pulling amend he's seen about 5 dogs and not gone crazy :) xx
That will make walks easier xxxx

Hiya Katie, hope you had a fabulous evening and you're now feeling 100% motivated to get back on it! xx

Morning Katie, what's the plan for today x

Oh, I'm staying well off of there. My neck and shoulder are not up to a good freezing x

Hmm yes I did the challenge today, thought I was getting away with it until someone kindly nominated me, I'm sure you can guess who ;)

I was off the diet for two days, had a fab time celebrating the engagement, foodwise on Sunday I had a cooked breakfast of bacon, egg, two sausages, mushrooms (not enough), beans and two pieces of toast then at about 6 pm had two small bags of salted peanuts and then an Indian at about 10pm but I drank pint after pint after pint of real ale (drunk for sure) and yesterday I was 12-9, a 6lb gain!

I then ate yesterday as it was mums 75th birthday and hubby cooked us all a meal, no alcohol though and this morning I was 12-10 --- I have gone straight back on it today and had a really good day so hopefully I'll soon see a loss and get back down there.

Have nothing in my diary now so hope to get a good run at it xx

What's a nose lead?
It's amazing, it's a soft material lead, a piece goes over the bridge of his nose and the other piece goes around the back of his head and it's designed to stop dogs pulling, not sure why it works and I didn't really believe the reviews but it really does work :)

Katie that weight gain will soon be off.

Thanks Taupe :)

Down to 12-5 today so that's a 5lb loss, bag of potatoes gone and I feel much better for it phew....onwards & downwards :)

Back