katnav diary - Attack

Official weigh in day and I have lost the 2lbs I put on over last weekend and a further 2lbs so pleased with that. I would like to be in the 11s by Christmas so I think I am on track for that.

I think I have had too much dairy this week and not enough protein so will try to rectify that next week especially now Rednicola has told me about microwave galettes.

morning kat big well done on your loss , i only lost 0.6 bit fed up but its still a loss ha ha keep going your doing brill , i think im going to cut the dairy myself this week had yoghurts etc so think that might of not helped x

katnav said:
Official weigh in day and I have lost the 2lbs I put on over last weekend and a further 2lbs so pleased with that. I would like to be in the 11s by Christmas so I think I am on track for that.

I think I have had too much dairy this week and not enough protein so will try to rectify that next week especially now Rednicola has told me about microwave galettes.

Wow well done that's a great loss x

Well done :)

Thanks everyone
Had two PV days at the weekend. Had Dukan bolognaise and made some vegetable soup aswell. Checked the scales this morning and have lost another 1lb and just am hovering just by the 12stone mark.

Today
Yoghurt with sweetener and vanilla extract
Tiny bowl of left over veg soup
Turkey slices for dinner

Also went to a work do tonight and they had a lovely spread on....all the things I love (sausage rolls, cocktail sausages, baguettes.....very sophicated palette I know!) I managed to resist most and just ate two small chicken goujons and I am quite pleased I managed to resist.

Going shopping tomorrow with a friend and am already worrying about that as I know there is nowhere that does Dukan friendly food so may have to go with a salad and forget the dressing.....

And well done Maddy1 on your weight loss, a loss is a loss no matter how much and it is all heading in the right direction.

Funny day today. Made muffins this morning and actually left them to cool this time before eating and they taste miles better cold.

Went out shopping but didn't have lunch out so that saved me from temptation but ended up not having lunch at all so don't know if that was good......

Attempted a prawn curry for dinner with quark, tiny bit of green curry paste, onion and prawns. Tasted gross so only managed a few prawns but am full so won't have anything else. If hungry later will have a bowl of yoghurt.

Can anyone tell me if I am not doing myself any favours by skipping meals? Sometimes I am just not hungry at all and would quite happily miss lunch most days. Is this doing damage and will it mean that when I start the next phase and start introducing food groups back will mean I put weight on. Is my weight loss real or because I am eating less than I would normally?

I'm no expert but I think on any sort of diet skipping meals isn't a good idea.. food is your bodies fuel. I know how you feel though, I often don't want dinner or feel like I'm not hungry, but I have something small anyway like a small bit of chicken.. so I'm not too full or bloated ..

I think that if we don't eat enough then the body thinks it's starving and starts to raid it for things it's not getting as food.

I do find this aspect of Dukan difficult, I'm not hungry come tea time and it is hard to force a meal down.

As an early riser, what I have noticed though is that I'm not hungry at traditional meal times, I need two meals before 1000, then something around 1500 and that's me for the day.

Thanks for the replies. I made more of an effort today to eat even if i wasn't hungry.

I know what you mean about being an early riser. Now I think about it I am more hungry before 11 and will often have two mini breakfasts/snacks and then after 3ish am no longer hungry.

PV day today
toffee muffin
slices of chicken
meatloaf and oven roasted carrots
snacks - sugar free jelly

PP day
Yoghurt, sweetener, vanilla extract
sf jelly
Lunch out, slices of turkey and ham. 1 slice of bread. Bite of mince pie.
Dinner - not sure yet. Forgot to get anything out of the freezer so may just have some slices of turkey and an egg, will see what I fancy later.

LOL at PP day ;)

Haha Maintainer....maybe I should have put 'suppose to be PP day' or 'PP day with a few added extras'

Jumped on the scales this morning and I haven't put any on but knowing my luck it will appear tomorrow on my weigh in day!

weigh in day....1.5lbs off which I am still pleased with as I have had two dodgy days this week. Had that slice of bread and bite of mince pie on Thursday and last night I had tinned tomato soup with little krisp roll baguette things and ate some chocolate out of my advent calender that had sat there unopened. Not proud of myself at all and have a hard weekend to come with dinner out today with a very good friend and tomorrow at a party at a Greek restaurant!

Will do my very best to stay strong and make the right choices.

Gosh - lucky weigh ins indeed! I hope you got on all right this weekend - my most dangerous time now out of ketosis .

Good luck getting back in the zone!

Thanks for the comments Maintainer. I know I was lucky indeed and know i must not continue to cheat on a weekly basis. The weekend wasn't too bad but did make a few bad choices so will not weigh myself for a couple of days but have stocked up on only dukan friendly food this week so nothing tempting in the house and have planned all my social events this week to fall either before lunch or after lunch and mainly at my house so will not be tempted by lovely restaurant food.

Hubby is also on the dukan with me so makes it easier as only 1 meal to prepare and my little boy is still on purees which i obviously don't find tempting!

Monday - PP day
Yoghurt, sweetener and vanilla extract
Turkey slices
fish sticks
breaded 'oatbran coated' chicken

Back in the zone yesterday, wasn't tempted by anything and would really love to see the elevens by Christmas but don't think that will happen with this weekends activities but want to get as close as i can.

Today PV day
Lunch - not sure yet, maybe prawns
Dinner - Dukan bolognaise

ended up having baked meatballs for lunch and have made a veggie soup for tomorrow so will do two PP days in a row as it makes it easier with getting food prepared/keeping in the fridge etc No temptations today and have been really good.

Well done you... take care and Merry Christmas!

Thanks Maintainer, Merry Christmas to you too.

Weighed myself this morning and am 0.8 away from 12 stone so maybe I will see a hint of the elevens by Sunday morning. Just done my online shop and have purchased only dukan friendly food, nothing naughty at all so fingers crossed and definately have the motivation to push really hard for the rest of this week.

Today another PV day
Veggie soup and some turkey for lunch
Prawns and salmon for dinner

Jumped on the scales this morning and the magical 11 showed up (only just - 11 stone 13 lbs) but so needed and has given me so much determination to be extra good for the next two days until my treat day on Christmas day.

Yesterday PP day
yoghurt, sweetener and vanilla extract
prawns and ginger
Dukan breaded (oat bran) chicken
no snacks today, wasn't hungry.

Today another PP day so that I can have 3 PV days in a row over Christmas
Dukan meatballs
not sure....maybe prawns again or dry fried egg and turkey bacon

Back