Kat's Diary

Kat27

My diary is an attempt to stop me from blowing all my hard work over the last few weeks! Ive lost 1st 11.5lb in the last 7 weeks, missed last weeks group because of a bad back and havent stopped eating since! :break_diet:

It's partly because my back gets so bad that I cant move so I had to stay in bed and get some rest to prevent it from going completely, which obviously meant no exercise, but also the boredom from being trapped in bed. I literally went through all my old books and magazines, watched and rewatched dvds and then started eating! Its been pizza here and sandwiches there, even ate 3 packets of crisps earlier and I dont even eat crisps! I just cant seem to stop eating! I am back on my feet again though luckily, as often my back is so bad Im in bed for up to 3 months unable to move, but even though I should be exercising I just cant seem to get my motivation back!

Think Im just having a bad week, being stuck in hasnt helped, my daughter who's on half term seems far more annoying than usual (sounds evil but yesterday the little moo flicked paint up the walls in my lounge which I cant get off, ripped a blind out of my wall and broke the tv, so to say I will be glad when the easter holidays are over is an understatement!), and seeing the weight creep back on isnt helping - its only about 2lb but it just makes me want to eat rather than work it off!

The reason I joined SW in the first place was because I was getting married and the thought of looking like a whale on my wedding day was all the motivation I needed to get going on the plan and lose weight. But I decided that my ex wasnt for me and we split up a few weeks ago and although I want to lose the weight for me now, its getting hard to stay focused because I no longer have the big white dress to concentrate on! I am ok with my decision, it was the right one for me not to go ahead with the wedding but its just the fall out Im now having to deal with thats getting to me (lucky I hadnt paid any deposits yet put it that way!), I keep getting drunken late night texts from my ex and my wedding mag subscriptions keep landing on my door mat which is doing nothing to help me stop thinking about it all!

This is probably the most moaning post any of you have ever had the misfortune to read! I just need to get it all off my chest so to speak and I suppose doing it online is easier than talking to people who just assume that Im ok, none of my friends or family have even asked me if Im ok since I broke off the engagement! I actually lost 7lb that week, and not through lack of eating, I cleaned my flat from top to bottom and stuck ridgedly to the diet, think I convinced myself that doing it for myself was better than doing it to fit into a dress, but its getting harder to do that now! Like I say Im probably just having a bad week, but not quite sure how I can get my motivation back!

I think that if I just start over again tomorrow and forget what Ive eaten the last week and a half and try and get rid of the few pounds Ive put on I will be ok. Ive got another 2.5lb to lose before Ive lost 2 stone, so if I could get that off in the next 2 weeks I would be back on track and it would probably be the boost I need to keep going again. Ive also just been invited to a wedding in June and if I could get another 2 stone off by then I would be a very happy bunny! Maybe I need to set myself some mini goals and tick them off as I go along which would make me feel better!

Sorry again for all the moaning!

Well its been a much better day today! :) Took my sister, my daughter and my niece to a local wildlife park and had a great time, walking around and seeing all the animals. It was a premeditated move as I felt that if I went somewhere I had to walk I wouldnt even notice the fact that I was exercising! It worked because I really enjoyed myself and my sister almost fainted when I ordered a salad for lunch and sat there and watch her eat her steak sandwich and chips! She also said Id shrunk the minute she saw me so that's put a small on my face too! :D

I think I needed to have a down day yesterday, to pick myself back up again today. Ive decided that I will try and fit walking into my day more, either going during my half hour lunch break or after I pick my daughter up from school as it's exercise but exercise I wont really notice, so it will increase my general fitness. Then any extra exercise I do on my cross trainer or using my weights or dvds (I have thousands! lol!) will be a bonus.

Have thought about my goals and they are:

Lose 2.5lb by 30th April
Lose another 2 stone between 30th April and 20th June
Lose another 2 stone between 20th June and Christmas
Walk for at least half an hour four times a week
Do at least 2 hours exercise per week (not including walking)

Hey hun, good to see you've started a diary with us. Don't apologise for your "moaning" post, this is your diary and you can write whatever you like in it.

Also - WOW well done on your loss so far lady, that's brilliant. Glad you're feeling happier today too. xxx

You moan away hun, it's your diary!! Sometimes we need a down day before we can pick ourselves up again ~ glad you have. It's good that you are still motivated to lose weight with everything that is going on in your life so well done you and congrats on your fab loss to date. Setting mini goals is definately the way forward, good luck hun, xx

Well it's weigh in day today so I'll find out if I have put on any weight after my not so good week last week! I do actually have a valid excuse for the mood and the eating though! lol! I came on last night! Not that anyone particularly needs or wants to know that but its my second period in 7 years so although it's a pain Im quite relieved because I had been undergoing fertility tests because of my lack of periods and they couldnt find anything wrong, so maybe it was just my weight that was stopping me from having periods after all! Not that I will be having another child at the mo due to the lack of partner, but at least I know that I probably can in future now if I decide that I would like another one! Plus it explains my moany first post! Thank you girls for your kind words about my moany post too, you cheered me up when I really needed it!

As it's weigh in day I usually measure myself just to make sure that if I havent lost any weight or if Ive stayed the same that I dont start bingeing on rubbish because Im disappointed - it gives me another reason to keep going! Well it's good news and it's certainly given me the boost I needed after last week! I've lost a total of 36 inches since I started the diet 2 months ago!! And considering I now have a bust measurement of 38, thats almost the circumference of my rather voluptuous chest so when I think of it like that Im very pleased indeed! Cant wait to go and get weighed now as no matter if I have put on I will still have a big smile on my face! :D

Am off to lunch with my sister and my baby niece after I get weighed so we're hitting a tapas bar that I know will fit into the diet so Im quite looking forward to all that yummy no syn or low syn food that I will be eating! lol!

So much for putting on weight, I lost 2lb!!! So that combined with my inch loss is fantastic, so only another half a pound to go before I reach my mini goal of 2 stone off by the 30th!

Needless to say Im a very happy bunny and it's all the motivation I need for this week to carry on and get dieting!

Have been a very good girl and planned my meals for the week and only bought what I need for those meals when I went to Asda earlier.

Friday - Gammon

Saturday - Chicken Curry (trying recipe from the new sw mag)

Sunday - Lamb shish kebabs (again another recipe from the new sw mag)

Monday - Goulash (another sw favourite thats ready and waiting in my freezer for me to pop in the microwave when I get in from work)

Tuesday - Chicken wrapped in bacon

Wednesday - Lamb rogan josh (my favourite sw curry!)

I usually do Extra Easy but will try and do as many red days as I can this week to see if that helps to keep the weight coming off. Will definately be trying the recipe for the chicken cooked in coca cola that I found on here too - maybe with a salad for my lunch at work.

Im also having a competition with my 7 year old daughter to see who can eat the most fruit and veg in a week as she is a nightmare with her food and Im hoping that by using the chart I got from that Change for life thing that keeps being advertised on tv at the mo! Wish me luck, am preparing for lots of tantrums at the meal table! :cry:

Still doing well and managing to stickto the plan, getting my daughter too eat fruit and veg is proving a little more difficult, although she did eat a yogurt earlier - sounds like a normal thing for a 7 year old to do, but trust me this 7 year old is a nightmare to feed!

Cooked the Chicken Curry from the SW mag earlier and had it for my dinner, it's gorgeous! Recipe is below for anyone who fancies trying it too! (It serves 4 and is free on original)

4 onions
4 garlic cloves
4 chicken breasts
2tbsp curry powder
1tbsp garam masala
2tsp ground cinnamon
2tsp ground cumin
14fl oz chicken bovril stock
400g can chopped tomatoes

1. Peel and chop onions & crush garlic
2. Cut chicken into bite size pieces
3. Cook the spices in fry lite for 30 seconds
4. Add the onions and fry until soft
5. Add garlic and chicken and cook until chicken is browned
6. Add the stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil
7. Reduce the heat and cook for 30 mins

This recipe is absolutely gorgeous, syn free, quick and very easy! Luckily I have frozen the other 3 servings so that I have something to eat one night in the coming weeks that I can just quickly pop in the microwave.

Tomorrow is lamb kofta recipe day, made the mixture already, it's chilling in the fridge waiting for me to cook tomorrow - fingers crossed its as yummy as the curry was!

Belated well done for the 2lb this week, brilliant! You are doing really well despite what sounds like a pretty turbulent few months.

Someone else said that curry recipe was fab - definitely going to try it now... I do the same thing and freeze leftovers (and sometimes spend a Sunday cooking just for the freezer) so that we have proper meals on those days that I just don't feel up to cooking.

Keep up the good work!

Well done on your loss :D

I've tried a couple of the curry recipes and been dissapointed. Going to try yours this week and fingers crossed it will work out.:rolleyes:

Time4action, another lovely one is lamb rogan josh, I make this one practically every week now and everyone Ive tried it out on loves it too! It's free on original and extra easy and serves 4.

2lb/908g lamb
2 large onions
3 cloves garlic
Fry light
2tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
5 tbsp hopt curry powder (although I use medium and that is hot enough!)
400g can chopped tomatoes
1tsp artificial sweetener
7fl oz/198ml beef bovril stock

1. Cut the lamb into bite sized chunks, peel and slice the onions and crush the garlic

2. Spray a saucepan or casserole dish with fry light. Cook the lamb in batches for 3 - 4 mins, browning on all sides. Set aside and keep warm.

3. Add the onions to the dish and cook over a medium heat for 10 - 12 mins until soft.

4. Add the garlic, ginger, and cinnamon and fry for 1 - 2 mins

5. Add the curry powder and lamb and continue to fry for 2 - 3 mins

6. Add the tomatoes, sweetener, stock and season. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cover. Simmer for 2 hours until the lamb is tender. (Ive actually cooked this in one and a half hours before and the lamb was lovely so it may not need the full 2 hours)

Ive got loads of curry recipes if anyone ever needs any. One really quick one is chicken tikka - marinate a chicken breast in very low fat natural yogurt and curry powder for a few hours or overnight, then grill - absolutely gorgeous!

Actually here's something to make you laugh! Just got back from my nans and knowing that you arent allowed to leave her house until you've eaten your body weight in food I made myself a salad and took it along with me! Sure enough I arrive to find eight massive sausage rolls on a plate plonked infront of me! Out comes the box of salad, but then she goes and plonks one of these massive great greasy sausage rolls on my lovely salad, which I quickly remove while trying desperately hard not to ram in my mouth without it even touching the sides! lol!

Next out come the cakes! Get this - you can have carrot cake, its healthy it's made of carrots! What about all the sugar and the icing nan? Oh dont be silly the carrots are so healthy they cancel out the sugar!! lol!

Went to leave and she puts twenty quid in my hand bless her, then she toild me it was for me to go and buy myself some chocolate with!!!! If I bought twenty quids worth of chocolate I would put the two stone Ive just lost back on again by next week!!!

Nans, you've got to love them!

Well it's weigh in day today and I've lost another 3lb so that's fantastic! :) I got my 2 stone award, 10% award and slimmer of the week and it's only taken me 9 weeks to get here so Im really pleased! I wouldnt mind but I dont have enough space on my fridge for all my awards now so I'll have to alternate them! ;)

My clothes are so much loser now, mind you they would be after my inch loss really but Ive been in clothes that are too small for so long I think that's why it took me longer to notice! I even got a pair of suit trousers I havent been able to wear for 6 years on yesterday, was nice to actually "dress up" for work for a change - not that my job really needs dressing up for! (I support people with drug and alcohol problems and those who've just come out of prison so you can imagine the state of some of the houses and squats I have to go into!)

Im definately back on track now after the week when I lost all motivation and am loving it! Im getting my confidence back and feel really good at the mo - long may it continue!

Wooo - well done on your loss, that is FANTASTIC. Also - I now blame you for the massive curry craving I have...... Mmm, tomorrow night's dinner me thinks!

How is your daughter getting on with the fruit and veg comp? x

Week number 10 and another pound off, plus another 4 and a half inches so Im still shrinking!! Have some new recipes to try out that I got from the groups recipe books yesterday - and yes suprisingly enough one of them's a curry! lol! I also went for a curry on saturday night which was gorgeous and not the diet minefield I had quite imagined! I had dry chicken tikka, rice, salad and even had a quarter of a naan bread as a treat. Contrary to popular belief Im not actually obsessed with curry! It just seems to be one of the things that I can make from the sw recipes and enjoy again and again.

I do however have a recipe for chicken kebabs and spanish meatballs so will be trying them when I can get to the shops. (am broke at the mo, car went in for it's mot and service this morning, but I still had to buy 2 new tyres and a rear windscreen wiper yesterday, so if it fails I wont be impressed! And I'll be forced to live on whatever is left in my cupboards which isnt actually that much - oh well I think my fat reserves will last me for quite some months yet!! lol!

Oh I got slimmer of the month yesterday too, which was nice and I have a new magnet telling me Im slimmer of the month - which will actually come in handy to keep all the certificates I keep getting on the fridge! :D

Im planning to step my exercise up a bit this week - have decided that I will be exercising Monday to Friday between 4 and 5 as thats when the biggest loser is on tv and I'll have just got in from work and picking my daughter up from school. It will give me something to watch while Im exercising and as I try and watch it anyway, why sit down and watch it when I can exercise when it's on! Will also try and fit in some exercise over the weekend too, but wont necessarily set out a time for that.

Ive got a wedding to go to on the 20th June and ideally I would have liked to lose a total of 4 stone by then (so that's another 24.5lb) but that would mean losing just over 4lb a week for the next six weeks and Im not sure that it's doable now that Ive been dieting for the last 10 weeks. I'll give it a go but even if I can lose another stone in six weeks then I'll be just as happy! It seems to have come round so quickly already, will have to shop for something to wear soon I guess, but at least Ive dropped about 4 dress sizes now so it will be a smaller outfit than I would have originally worn!

Next goal is my birthday which is the 15th July and I definately want to have lost a total of 4 stone by then! So will be keeping my fingers crossed for that!

Louise - my little one is being an absolute nightmare!!! Cant get her to even try anything new at the mo, but I'll keep going!

Another great weigh in day! Lost another 3lb and another 3 inches so it's almost 2 and a half stone, just gotta get another half a pound off next week and thats another little milestone I'll have hit, which is great!

I won slimmer of the week this week so Ive got a bag of goodies again. This time it includes scan bran so will be finding some more recipes on here to test out!

Lost half a pound this week, so that's 2 and a half stone now. Which is great, a little disappointed with such a low loss this week, but at least it's off and not on!

I managed to fall down a hole when I was walking a friends dog and hurt my knee and my ankle so havent exercised as much as I have been so maybe that's why the scales havent changed that much! I also dont seem to be using my healthy extras as I dont drink milk and dont have cheese unless it's in a recipe and I barely eat any bread and dont have cereal so will need to start making sure I do. Plus this week I havent eaten as much as I should, Ive been so busy at work and have ended up miussing breakfast and lunch and just having dinner, Ive not been hungry but Im obviously not eating as much as I should do.

It's pay day tomorrow so Ive made a list of all the food I'll be eating for the next week, fingers crossed by planning it all out again the weight will start flying off again, plus my knee and ankle should start feeling better soon hopefully!

Have found some gorgeous sounding recipes on here so will be trying them out over the next week or so! Didnt like the fat free sponge cake but that's probably because it wasnt loaded with sugar and I like my cake to taste like cake - hence why my rear end is the size that it is! lol!

If anyone can enlighten me as to what a syn free sausage is I would be eternally grateful! I didnt know there was such a thing! lol! (keep seeing them featured in recipes) Would love to find out which ones are syn free so I can start munching on sausages again! Thanks

I love slimming world! lol! Just had the best dinner ever, all completely free! Chicken curry and rice with onion bhajees, first time Ive made them and I think I will be making them all the time! Got the recipe from on here and my god they are gorgeous!!!

Had my nan and grandads 62nd anniversary party today, just family round theirs for lunch and we all took our own food - there was me with my chicken and bacon salad and everyone else with pizza, quiche, sausage rolls, pork pies and mountains of cake and biscuits! Cant believe how much self control Im actually capable of - all my favourite fatty foods and I didnt so much as sniff a slice of pizza!

Started doing exercise dvds last night rather than the x trainer and weights - I was exhausted after half an hour and Ive been exercising for an hour on my x trainer so I can really tell the difference between aerobics and kick boxing and what was probably a far too leisurely hour on the x trainer. Its far too hot to do it again tonight but I will be bouncing around my room to the dvd when I wake up tomorrow. Fingers crossed it will pay off and the pounds will continue to drop off!

Back