Kat's journey to slim...

Weigh in this morning and I'm.........

9st 6.8lbs :party0011:

I'm over the moon! I've achieved my next target (all be it only just). I've also lost another 9.5 inches!! I love this diet :D

Think I'm going to weigh in next on the 15th, which is the weekend before my night out.

I'm so happy right now I can barely explain. I'm looking forward to a day playing out in the sunshine with my girls :character00238:

Have a a good day everyone

Still plodding on nicely. I've been digging through some more of my 'slim' clothes and have a few more outfits to pick from, which feels nice. I've also taken some of my 'fatter' clothes to the charity shop - no going back now!

I have however got a rather uncomfortable stomach today. Wind I think (sorry) but glad today is my day off because it has taken my breath away a few times today. Thinking about it I'm probably a little bunged up :eek: Not sure if I should take something tonight or just try a warm bath and some psyllium husk first. I'm always a little wary of ducolax etc as I remember having it once and having terrible cramps.

Hope everyone has had a good day. Off to have a scrummy hazelnut shake and watch Holby city. That's right, I know how to live ;)

Still plodding on nicely. I've been digging through some more of my 'slim' clothes and have a few more outfits to pick from, which feels nice. I've also taken some of my 'fatter' clothes to the charity shop - no going back now! I have however got a rather uncomfortable stomach today. Wind I think (sorry) but glad today is my day off because it has taken my breath away a few times today. Thinking about it I'm probably a little bunged up :eek: Not sure if I should take something tonight or just try a warm bath and some psyllium husk first. I'm always a little wary of ducolax etc as I remember having it once and having terrible cramps. Hope everyone has had a good day. Off to have a scrummy hazelnut shake and watch Holby city. That's right, I know how to live ;)

Aww gun try the rusk n see if tht helps f u have some on u atm hun....awww yup nva goin bk thete again hun well done u hun rite attitude to have :).....glad ur fittin into ur smaller vlothes u goo girl hehe :) woop woop yaay.....hazelnut is amazin not going to lie keep it up hun xx

This time in 2 weeks I'll be eating real food in readiness for my night out. I'm really quite looking forward to it. :)

There is a small part of me that is worried that if I still want to jump back on plan after it will be difficult to do! It wasn't too difficult to get into ketosis this time, but I do worry it might be hard a second time. Hmm?!

I'm just rambling my worries out really. In all honesty I might even be happy enough to go straight on to 5:2. I think I'm just enjoying the security of the packs at the moment. I'll have to be more organised getting back onto real food.

Think I might have to start some planning in advance. Preparation is the key!

I think I might weigh in and take my measurements again on Sunday to help me decide on what to plan next.

That is a lot of thinking all in one go, especially as I've not made a single decision :rolleyes:

Had an impromptu night out out with friends last night. And I managed to stick to plan 100%. I had skewered grilled chicken breast with peppers, mushrooms and red onions. It came with a ginger and spring onion glaze, which it asked for on the side. It was supposed to have chips too but I asked for a salad instead, no tomatoes. I offered to drive, so that negated the drinking one. It was lovely, and I'm pleased to say that I didn't feel like I was depriving myself. Plus it was very funny listening to my friends drunken ramble, rather than adding to the mix!

Kate brilliant job on sticking to plan and fab choices on food. It's nice to have a night out and be able to stick to plan. So close to goal too which is fab. It must be harder with young ones as I remember the days of mindlessly eating the kids leftovers and yup! Enjoying it too! No wonder I have food issues!

Thanks Kira. I do find some days tough, especially if I've been up during the night or mega early with them. But I think I'm in the zone enough now not to nibble. I tend to out their left overs straight in the bin so I'm not tempted! I can even put jam on their toast without licking my fingers or the knife now, something that I'm sure was something that was just an automatic reaction before! Go me. I'm so determined to do this now. My eldest starts school in September and I don't want to be feeling like a frumpy mum at the school gates. Plus I want my girls to grow up seeing mummy healthy and making good food choices.

It's hard. But hey! A result not licking the jam! It will probably be easier once your youngest is at school as you will get more you time as in grown up time (though not for minute am I suggesting it will be free time!). I think having girls in particular is it even more important to set good precedent to eating habits and food (though it does applies to boys too given the poor boy in the news at the moment who is so young and weighs more than me!) I have a skinny boy and an chubbyish one but they are both pretty knowledgeable on healthy and not healthy and sporty which helps too. I encourage them not to judge people on size, race, gender etc and out of all of it it is the size/weight that is the most difficult to explain and get them to understand.

Keep doing what you are doing and you will have been maintaining as a yummy mummy for the school gates before you know it! A very nice feeling I can tell you! I have done the fat frumpy mummy and the almost yummy mummy! (too older to be proper yum mum!)

Had an impromptu night out out with friends last night. And I managed to stick to plan 100%. I had skewered grilled chicken breast with peppers, mushrooms and red onions. It came with a ginger and spring onion glaze, which it asked for on the side. It was supposed to have chips too but I asked for a salad instead, no tomatoes. I offered to drive, so that negated the drinking one. It was lovely, and I'm pleased to say that I didn't feel like I was depriving myself. Plus it was very funny listening to my friends drunken ramble, rather than adding to the mix!

Aww well done. I love it when you manage to have a great time and wake up the next day hangover free and no regrets about going off plan. A lot of the time I can do that but sometimes the foot stamping toddler inside comes out.:rolleyes:

You're definitely going to win the battle.

Yaaay kat those food choices sounded yummy and as per plan as well well done hun u will defo b redy in time for the skool gates n if u r findin it difficult to jump bk on plan i wil b in the same boat as u tho a week before u lol so we can spur each other bk on plan :) i have to get bk on monday 16th lol not much time left lol....

Aww u wil b a yummy mummmy woop woopp xx

And in other exciting news.....

I didn't weigh this morning, partly because I'm still having tummy troubles and feel fairly bunged up!?! (Might be ducolax time :() I did however take my measurements and my waist now measures 29 inches - Woo hoo!! :D It started at 34 inches, so I don't think that's too bad.

Kat that is fantastic! Wow! See the scale alone is not accurate! Well done Yummy Mummy! You are going to look amazing at the school gates!

I just posted that i follow a blog (can't do link as I am useless at technology) called Wendy's look Book and she has a site and *********. I like the site. She is a shorty like us and has some fab outfits both causal and smart etc. I had googles Chanel inspired outfits as I love all things Chanel and Anna Wintour. I have a feeling you will like! I can just see you at the school gates with your youngest in Sept looking effortlessly casual! Oh! and very slim!

I just posted that i follow a blog (can't do link as I am useless at technology) called Wendy's look Book and she has a site and *********. I like the site. She is a shorty like us and has some fab outfits both causal and smart etc. I had googles Chanel inspired outfits as I love all things Chanel and Anna Wintour. I have a feeling you will like! I can just see you at the school gates with your youngest in Sept looking effortlessly casual! Oh! and very slim!

Oh I've jus been having a look, all I can say is I love it! Good find, thanks Kira. I could happily get lost for a few hours looking at all her lovely outfits. Very stylish!

You are so very close now! Have you started thinking about re-feed and how to maintain yet? One good way of maintaining DO NOT DO WHAT I DID! LOL! In others words deal with any tiny gain immediately but cutting back. I managed throughout last year but since Feb/March have clearly lost my way. Though I think today I am scared myself enough by acknowledging timescale led to the first wedding i am going to on 12 July and the fact I am heading for very fat as opposed to a bit fat! x

Awe Kira, you'll get there. Stick with it. Yes I think I've come up with a plan for maintenance, I'm thinking I'll do 5:2 (or 6:1 depending if I need a loss or not) and use s&s pack to start for ease. I'm really enjoying the packs so don't think I'll feel too deprived on them.

I'm going to see where I'm at next Sunday and gauge where I want to go following my night out. I'm not sure if I'll want to lose more, be happy with where I am, or finish off using 5:2 or 4:3. I know that way I wouldn't be in ketosis and it would be slower, but it might mean I'd put less back on immediately following dieting.

That's a good plan. Go have a visit on Carrie's thread it's called New to Fasting. She did Exante to lose 4st ish and then went to 5:2 in Sept 2013 and by Christmas was her her original goal of 9.4 ish or around that. She has been maintaining mostly on 5;2 and 6;1 since and is now aiming for her final goal of 8.10. She shows here weight loss throughout and then only weighs once a month etc. her next weigh in is end of June. She does a lot of work outs now and lists and put on pics of her food. It is a great diary to show maintenance following vlcd and the continued journey. It's the only one I have come across that has continued after the weight for so long. So hopefully I will refer back to it once i eventually get to my own goal.

I think I will also be doing 5;2 or 6;1 but with low carb on the normal days as I found last year without cutting carb intake i didn't lose or maintain not without my 2 -3 PT sessions a week. It was becoming a tad expensive! Have a great day today.

Again thanks for the info Kira! I've spent the day on and off reading through Carrie's diary. Wow! She's really an inspiration. I think reading it has definitely set in my mind, that what I want to do. Will see what Sunday brings weight wise, but hopefully I will be planning to move straight onto 5:2 after my night out.

I often wonder about carbs, think I may slowly introduce and see how they affect me. Although I already know I can't over do it. And I do rather enjoy not suffering with carb bloat whilst on plan.

I'm having a good day today, still keeping away from the scales, keeping up the water, plodding on nicely :)

Back