Katycakes Won't Give Up...

Hi Katy,

Great posts -- my sentiments exactly re: slower losses, feeling cleaner, etc.

I saw the dentist last week and it was some serious mouth wash, flossing and then brushing before hand. But, he and the hygenist both wear masks so, I doubt my breath would have been an issue anyway. ;)

MinnieMel
Lol, I thought Dentists wore masks to protect us from their dodgy breath?????? An old dentist of mine had the most awful breath.....could strip paint. I used to dread sitting in his chair, all close up and stinking. Yuk!!

Chels -- A dentist with foul breath?

That is sad... does not say much for his dental hygiene or customer courtesy.

MM

Exactly!!! What I did was get all the work done in one fell swoop, removal of a couple of wisdom teeth, a couple of fillings, under a Valium injection, so I was very much out of it. Saved having to go several times and put up with his halitosis extraordinaire lol.

I don't think many Dentists offer the Valium now but it was wonderful, awake but not awake. Wasn't aware of what he was doing at all....bliss. :D

Hi Chels Loo -- hee, hee!

My sister had her wisdom teeth removed under a valium drip (or was it demerol) anyway, afterwards she said that she understood why peope could become addicted to such things. She had an interesting experience to say the least.

MM

Morning Katy, Hope are well this morning and the trip to the dentist went well.
Wishing you a fabulous fantastic Friday hunny
xxx

Day 30

Scales today say 12st 4. Woo hooo!!! A stone. Finally! And in 30 days, which makes me happy. It's poignant for me because this is where I was at the start of Dec, when I saw my CDC for yet another failed re-start, and she said, 'let's just aim for the 11s, that's very do-able, and then find a place in that range where you are happy... by Xmas you will definitely be well into the 11s...' Of course by Xmas I was face down in the mince pies and cream and the 11s were a very distant memory. So easy to gain the weight, so hard to lose it... worth it? No. All through December I felt bad, guilty, out of control, disgusted with myself and despairing that I would ever get a hold of things again.

So tired of the battle, it needs to be won and walked away from, and next time the self destruct bells begin to ring, I will walk away from them also. Give peace a chance!

So, my next aim is to get in the 11s and I know that might take a while, but I will get there.

Yesterday dentist was fine, no work, just a polish, didn't get bene-fiber as it was blowing a gale, MAJOR gale, and walking down high street was not an option, but did get to Tesco for food supplies. Got tofu, eggs, quorn, cottage cheese and lots of green veg, and it feels wonderful to be able to have those things. For tea I had sprouts & stir fry with a creamy sauce made from tofu and skim milk and chili, odd but nice.

810 is suiting me I think, and am making an effort to drink 5 pints of herb tea every day, yesterday did it, so sure I can today. Exercise is the last bit of jigsaw, I am still so resistant... working on it!

Chucking down with rain today, but at least gales have subsided.

Hope everyone has a brilliant friday!

xxx

Well......look at you!!!!!! Well done Katy. I am so pleased for you :D Your food choices sound fab and its great that you feel comfortable with having food. Real progress over the last 30 days.

Its a bit windy miller here today dahn sarf, the fountain in the fish pond is horizontal!! Hopefully its March winds come early, which means early spring. Yay!!!

Keep doing what you are doing chick. xx

Hi KC,

You've lost a stone without adding back in a lot of exercise, so that is doubly fab! When you get closer to goal, in order to continue your good rate of loss, you might start adding in exercise.

BUT... as I learned the last time, that it is better to only build up to a level that you can sustain, because otherwise when you slack off the weight will come back on. I am okay with losing more slowly, if it means that I am less likely to regain.

MinnieMel

Day 30

Yesterday dentist was fine, no work, just a polish, didn't get bene-fiber as it was blowing a gale, MAJOR gale, and walking down high street was not an option, but did get to Tesco for food supplies. Got tofu, eggs, quorn, cottage cheese and lots of green veg, and it feels wonderful to be able to have those things. For tea I had sprouts & stir fry with a creamy sauce made from tofu and skim milk and chili, odd but nice.

Chucking down with rain today, but at least gales have subsided.

xxx
I've just been looking on the BBC New website, gale?? According to the beeb it was a 100mph hurricane!!!
Bad hair day all round methinks x

hi mrs cakes hope everything is going ok, just been catching up, a few posts ago you said something about a slow loss in the first month, but 14lbs is AMAZING, on a lot of other diets you'd maybe be looking at about 8lbs p.m loss! plus totm to contend with i think you've done absolutely amazing! your strength and will power seem to have reappeared with such vigour!

i hope you have an amazing weekend you so deserve it!!
we still have the gales, its making the windows whistle for some reason... perhaps theres a tiny gap somewhere! it scares me going out when its like this, the last time it was windy a tree fell down into a ladies car and impaled her :O think il be staying indoors....!

keep it up.. so inspiring
xxx

Wow! a stone in a month - that's what CD is supposed to do isn't it - well done, fantastic, you'll be into the 11's in no time!

I wholeheartedly agree with your comment about being tired of the battle, that it needs to be won and walked away from...so true.... xx

Day 30

Scales today say 12st 4. Woo hooo!!! A stone. Finally! And in 30 days, which makes me happy.
YAY huunie smashing you are shrinking, shrinking, shrinking.!

you deserve to be feeling happy.:D:D

810 is suiting me I think,

xxx

i agree 810 suits me well too had lovely cottage cheese today.:p

hope you have a lovely weekend x:)

Katycakes, I turn my back for a few day's and then look what happens you have lost a stone :D well done you so deserve it!

I've been off line as my computer had a virus, it's been a long week and I have felt really cut off, so good to be back. I thought today I might of been blown up to Scotland.. the garden was wrecked when I ventured outside and the sea was wildly crashing over the wall.. at least the drive to work is never boring :)

I'm still reading Dr Beck and enjoying it. I hope you enjoy 810 (my fav). Take care and catch up again soon x

That's brilliant Katy!!! You'll be in the 11s in no time :)

Clearly 810 suit you so much better - you seem to be in a good place at the moment.

DAY 31

Thanks Chelsea, MM, Blondie, Bess, Shanny, Sarah Lou & Alli.

Yes, I am really enjoying 810 it seems to make a big difference to my moods, I just feel steadier... and much more hopeful. Feel like I can do this for as long as it takes now, but have a feeling the 25 days of SS have made that possible - distancing from food, cutting the taste for sugar & carbs, breaking the bad patterns etc.

Last night I had a lovely broccoli bake, with a thick sauce of tofu, skim milk and mustard & a topping of cottage cheese, OH was eyeing it up so I'm doing something right! One thing to tweak... am finding that my midday bar isn't keeping me as full as I would like, and I end up having my afternoon shake at 1 or 2 which is sooner than I'd like. I might switch the shake to 12 and have the bar as an afternoon treat and see if that works any better.

And the scales say: 12st 3lbs. Another lb down today. YAYYYYYYY!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good one!

xxx

well done katy 1 stone in a month is great and now another 1lb to add to it today you'll soon be in the 11s.

I'm sticking to 1000 for a while can't really afford to ss, at the moment.

Hi Trisha, wondered where you'd been hiding... it's good to see you. Thanks for the support. 1000 is a fab plan, hope it's going well and that the weight comes off for you. Have a brilliant weekend!

xxx

I'm eyeing up last night's supper KC, never mind the other half lol. Sounds yum.

You are definitely in the right place for you and another 1lb off today is wonderful. So full of admiration as it was really hard for you in the beginning. Well done and more power to your elbow:D x

My elbow is looking quite slim today, whatcha think? And powerful, of course!

xxx

Back