kayla's food diary

Sounds like a good day hun but you could do with more superfree foods in your meals or at least some fruit to snack on in between.Maybe abit of salad with your jacket potato or a banana or grapes with your brekkie xxx

hi yeah i have noticed this maybe thats why my weightloss is soo slow, but i find it hard to put them into my food sometimes especially when im having a busy day. thanks for commenting.

week 17 - day 2 (extra easy)

Breakfast - muesli and milk (HEXa and b)

Lunch - gammon, new potatoes and mixed veg

Tea - sw chips, chicken stuffed with garlic and herb Philadelphia light, wrapped in bacon and mushroom and garlic sauce. (4 syns)

snacks - 3 quality street (7.5 syns)

Drinks - green tea, water diet fizzy, cheeky vimto (15 syns):eek:

Syns - 26.5 syns (71.5 left)

OOOOPs cheeky vimto is my favourite drink, i thought i would only have one, didnt realise ow many syns was in it.:eek:

Week 17 - day 3 (red day)

Breakfast - 2 bacon, 2 egg, 2 toast, beans and tomatoes with brown sauce. 1 banana. (HEXb and 1 syn)

Lunch and tea - tuna and sweetcorn pasta (7 syns)

Snacks - cheese and beetroot sandwich with salad cream and lettuce (HEXa, b and 1.5 syns), chicken kebab (5 syns)

Drinks - wine (46 syns), southern comfort and lemonade (16 syns), some uknown drink in a bowl (15 syns?):cry:, green tea, diet fizzy.

Syns - i give up counting i have gone way over my syn allowance by the looks of things. Oh my god had a really heavy night thats me screwed alcohol is the devil. i better try and eat plenty of free and superfree foods until wednesday hopefully i can save myself.:cry:

week 17 - day 4 (extra easy)

Breakfast - didnt have any woke up in the afternoon

Lunch - roast beef with potatoes, carrot and turnip, green beans, cauliflower, parsnips, gravy (2 syns)

Tea - chicken noodles

snacks- 2 bananas and 3 crabsticks

drinks - green tea, diet fizzy

Last edited:
hey well done I hope i do as well ,you have given me some meal ideas as well so thanks

Tea - nasi goreng - this was lovely plenty of flavour, you brown 350g extra lean minced beef in a wok, then stir in 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 1 chopped red chilli, cook for couple of minutes, then add 2tsp curry powder, 1 tsp paprika, 4 chopped spring onions, 200g basmati rice, 600ml beef stock, 2 tbsp tomato puree, 2tbsp and 1/4 tsp of soy sauce, season and bring to the boil, then cook covered for 12 minutes, meanwhile beat an egg with 2 tsp soy sauce and fry to make an omelette, remove then roll up and cut into strips and put on top of the dish when ready.

Dessert - chilli chocolate pudding (5.5 syns) - mmmm yummy was worth every syn, melt 1 tsp of butter in a bowl in a microwave, then add 42g self raising flour, 4 tbsp sweetener, 14g cocoa powder, 1 egg, 4 tbsp ff yoghurt, 2 tsp vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp chilli powder. mix until there is no lumps then put into two ramekins and microwave for 2 minutes.

thanks for nasi goreng recipe - have added it to my "one to make" list, the chilli choc pudding sounds lovely is that 5.5 syns per ramekin, so 11 syns in total

no it serves 4 but all depends on how much you have per serving because i got about three serving, my boyfriends eats lots lol. The choc pudding is 5.5 per ramekin and it serves 2. Thanks for the good luck im gonna need it for this weigh in after my alcohol abuse hehe

Last edited:
week 17 - day 5 (extra easy)

Breakfast - SW cranberry bar (HEXb) and a banana

Lunch - gammon, new potatoes, peas, carrots and sweetcorn

Tea - Spicy sausage spaghetti - serves 2-3(depending on portion size): Chop up 8 sausages (i used quorn sausages) and fry until cooked, add 150g mushrooms (chopped), 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped),cook until mushrooms go soft, then add 1 tsp sweetner, 1 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp chilli (next time im gonna add more though was not a kick to it) and 500g passata (can add more if you want depends how much sauce you want but this was plenty for me), stir and simmer until sauce reduces, serve over cooked spaghetti.

Evening snack - pickled onions, beetroot, cheese (HEXa) and crisps - made these by thinly slicing potato and putting them on a plate sprayed in frylight with salt and pepper and put in the microwave for about 7 minutes. (Iv felt quite hungry today, but have snacked on healthy stuff, which makes a change, i think im actually quite proud of myself, this could be me turning over a new leaf. hehe.)

Snacks - pickled onions

Drinks - green tea, oxo cube drink, diet coke

I have had a really good day today no syns, not that i ahve any left to use anyway lol.

Last edited:
well i had my weigh in tonight and i am very pleased, i lost 3 pounds so chuffed! so all the alcohol on the weekend didnt have an effect on me. i hope to be able to lose another 2 pounds next week but i will soon see.

week 18 - day 1 (extra easy)

Breakfast - 2 toast with jam and butter (HEXb and 4 syns) and half galia melon

Lunch - 12 speed soup -2 tins of chopped tomatoes, some dried green lentils, some dried yellow lentils, some dried butter beans, 4 carrots chopped, 4 parsnips chopped, 1 green, red and yellow pepper, 1 onion, 2 leeks, tin of baked beans, some mixed herbs and 2 vegetable stock cubes. Put it all into a pan mix together and put water in to cover and cook until soft. (This was surprisingly really nice.)

Tea - crispy chicken with peking lemon sauce and egg fried rice (7 syns) - I made the chicken crispy by dipping in egg, then coating in cornflour and putting in a frying pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil. The sauce was made by putting finely pared lemon rind, juice of half a lemon, 284ml chicken stock, 1 clove of finely chopped garlic and 1 tsp grated ginger into a pan, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, then add 1tbsp sweetener and 1 tbsp of cornflour and mix together until it turns thick. (I wouldn't recommend anyone trying this lemon sauce though as it was disgusting).

Dessert - carrot cake 1.5 syns a slice/12 syns entire cake - soak 28g sultanas in juice of 1 lemon. In a another bowl whisk 3 eggs, zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange, 1 cup of sweetener, 1 tbsp of brown sugar and 2 cups of grated carrots. soak 6 scan bran in hot water until soft, then add to the mixture with 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp bicarbonate soda, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp almond extract and the sultanas, mix together and put into a cake tin and bake for 40 minutes. meanwhile mix 125g quark with zest of 1 lemon, half juice of a lemon and 3 tbsp of sweetner, put in the fridge until cake is ready and cooled then put on top. (This is actually quite nice, obviously not like a real carrot cake but was still nice.

Drinks - green tea and water

syns - 12.5 (92.5 left)

Tea - crispy chicken with peking lemon sauce and egg fried rice (7 syns) - I made the chicken crispy by dipping in egg, then coating in cornflour and putting in a frying pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil. The sauce was made by putting finely pared lemon rind, juice of half a lemon, 284ml chicken stock, 1 clove of finely chopped garlic and 1 tsp grated ginger into a pan, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, then add 1tbsp sweetener and 1 tbsp of cornflour and mix together until it turns thick. (I wouldn't recommend anyone trying this lemon sauce though as it was disgusting).

this sounds so gorgeous - what was disgusting about the sauce maybe someone can suggest an extra ingredient to turn it from disgusting to delish!

week 18 - day 2 (extra easy)

Breakfast - muesli and milk (HEXa and b)

Lunch - 12 speed soup and banana

Tea - chinese - 2 prawn toast (7 syns), chicken curry (5 syns), some chips (12 syns), noodles (3 syns), seaweed (5 syns), crispy chilli beef (4 syns)

drinks - green tea, water , diet coke

syns - 36 syns (56.5 left)

week 18 - day 3 (extra easy)

Breakfast - 2 toast and butter (HEXb and 2 syns)

Lunch - didnt have anything was not feeling well

Tea - steak, oven chips (4 syns), garlic mushrooms with a creamy sauce (5 syns)

snacks - 10 chocolate fingers (15 syns)

drinks - green tea and water

syns - 26 syns (50.5 left)

my boyfriend made me a lovely meal tonight (not very sw friendly) he started well cooked my steak with fry light but then i had oven chips and there was double cream in the sauce lol.

I always seem to be good until i get to the weekends, drives me insane if its not alcohol then its food lol.

week 18 - day 4 (green day)

Breakfast - bacon bap and bacon and egg bap (2x HEXb)

Lunch - roast chicken (4 syns), potatoes, cabbage, carrot and turnip, parsnips and gravy (1 syn)

snacks - banana, carrot cake (1.5 syns), 3 quality street (7.5 syns)

drinks - 2 strongbow (16 syns), water and green tea

syns - 30 syns (20.5 left)

Last edited:
week 18 - day 5 (green day)

Breakfast - muesli and milk (HEXa and b) and a banana

Lunch - 12 speed soup and bread roll (HEXb)

Tea - chilli beef noodles - serves 2 - boil 100g rice noodles for 10 minutes, then fry 130g extra lean minced beef, 1 finely chopped red chilli, 1 tsp chilli paste and 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp dark soy sauce until mince is brown, then add 1/2 a finely chopped red pepper, some grated ginger and cook a couple of minutes, then add 1/4 litre of chicken stock, the drained noodles and 3 finely chopped spring onions and simmer until stock has been absorbed. (this was really nice but may add some more chilli next time was not that spicy) (4 syns for mince, as im having a green day)

Snack - banana, 2 chocolate fingers (3 syns), 4 dairylea light triangles (HExa), pickled onions, beetroot and homemade crisps with salt and paprika.

Drinks - green tea, water and diet coke

Syns - 7 syns (13.5 left)

Exercise - walked to work about 2 miles in 45 minutes

Last edited:
week 18 - day 6 (green day)

Breakfast - 2 toast with jam and butter (HEXb and 4 syns) and a banana

Lunch - jacket potato with spaghetti and cheese (HEXa) and a banana

Tea - pickled onions, homemade little beef thing (4 syns), beetroot and cheese (HEXa)

Snacks - sw lemon bar (HEXb), 2 quality street (5 syns)

Drinks - green tea and diet coke

Syns - 13 syns (0.5 left)

Exercise - 30 minutes housework

Last edited:
Went to weigh in last night and gained a pound really not happy, well fingers crossed i lose next week considering im out friday and saturday night.

week 18 - day 7 (extra easy)

Breakfast - 2 toast, 2 eggs, beans, tomatoes and a banana

Lunch - 12 speed soup

Tea - chicken curry and egg fried rice - chicken curry paste, water, chopped tomatoes, shallots and ff natural yoghurt.

dessert - light ice cream

drinks - green tea, diet coke

week 19 - day 1 (extra easy)

Breakfast - cheese on toast and a banana

Lunch - roast beef, peas, potatoes, gravy (1 syn) and a banana

Tea - tuna, salad cream (4 syns), sweetcorn

Snack - 2 ryvita (4 syns) and mango dip (1 syn)

Drinks - green tea, water and diet coke

Syns - 10 syns (95 left)

well here i go again kind of fell off of the wagon for the last few weeks didn't seem to do any damage probably just luck, but i have decided to give myself a kick up the backside, no more messing around. I also joined the gym last week, i need to be focused. I will be skinny! hehehe!

week 21 - day 1 (extra easy)

Breakfast - scrambled egg 3 rashers of bacon, brown sauce (1 syn) and 1 banana

Lunch - cold meat, crab sticks, pickled onions, beetroot and a w/w yogurt (0.5 syns)

tea - slow cooked spicy asian beef and rice (2.5 syns) serves 3 - 600g steak, 1 tbsp cornflour, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 onion chopped, 4 spring onions chopped, 3 garlic cloves crushed, 1 red chilli chopped, 200g mushrooms chopped, 1 tbsp grated ginger, 4-5 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1/4 cup light soy sauce, 3 tbsp rice vinegar, 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp sugar. Mix meat with cornflour until coated then add meat and all other ingredients into slow cooker and leave for 8 hours

Snack - 2 packs of haribo (1 syn)

Drinks - 2 green tea, diet coke

syns - 5 (100 left)

Last edited:
week 21 - day 2 (red day)

breakfast - muesli and milk (HEXa and b)

Lunch - gammon, new potatoes, peas, gravy and salad cream (3 syns)

Tea - bacon and egg sandwhich (HEXb)

Snacks - pack of haribo, banana, cold meat, bacon bite - 1 slice of bread, cheese, bacon, mushrooms, pesto (7 syns)

syns - 10.5 (89.5 left)

Last edited:
Back