Kay's Atkins Diary

Teapot

Gold Member
Hi all

I spent 6.5 months on Lipotrim from October 2012 to April 2013 and had fantastic results and lost 7.5st.

Maintaining has never been my forte, and once again I'm on the slippery slope back up to 19.5stone :( I have tried many, many times over the last few months to get back on LT and get rid of the gain, but it's just making me feel like a failure for not being able to stick to it, and I'm resorting to carbs and gaining massively. I know there is no silver bullet, but I really do not want to put on anymore weight and I've been on Atkins before and know it works.

So here goes!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Kay x

Welcome & good luck!

Thank you Kat1e!! x

Whoops, just posted this on your lipotherm diary so I'll post it on the right one! Good luck!

Hiya Kay, we're the same height and I am about the same size you were when you started. Well done for losing so much, sorry to hear you had to go through bad cycle before finding what to go with. I'm sure you'll do fab (as you've done so well already) on Atkins, there are tons of recipes in the recipe section and ppl also post their food for the day and share recipes on their diaries too.

Good luck Kay, im with you all the way x

Good luck Kay:) You can do it:553:

Hi and welcome x

Thank you everyone for the welcome!

Had a good start to the journey yesterday and still on track today :)

Had a twist on a BTL for lunch - bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato & chilli mayo Was quite delicious :)

Sounds yummy x

Hey Kay, how's it going? X

Hi Emma

I really struggled to stop the carbs so once again have had some false starts and have avoided coming on here until I was sure I'm on track. Have cracked it over the last 4 days (phew) and feeling so much better. Sugar & carbs are so addictive!!!! I ended up over 94kg but thank goodness I'm down to 91.2 today and well on track and could cry because I'm so relieved. I have embraced butter and cream - loving the 'extra thick' cream that I hadn't noticed before in the shops and have a teaspoon or two of it as 'pudding' ;). I've never been keen on fish, but have taken to having smoked mackerel (0 carbs) for breakfast. I've also taken to drinking a fair amount of diet coke to keep that as my sweet relief when I'm feeling edgy.

Hope you're doing great

K x x x

Hey Kay they are addictive , it's amazing how much you can miss all the carby and sugary foods but there are still so many good things we can eat on atkinf. Bacon, eggs and mushrooms with mayo it the ultimate breakfast , I love it. Yet to find low carb sausages but still looking. I have stuck to it 100% until yesterday's wedding where I was only drinking water and doing so well until dinner came out which was mushrooms in creamy sauce with salad for starters then pork, veg and potatoes for dinner and sticky toffee pudding with ice cream for dessert, I was relly good to start with and only ate the meat and veg but then couldn't resist afters, I was so hungry, still no alcohol tho and didnt eat any buffet adterwards but I did a tear and was disappointed to see I'm out of ketosis :-(
nevermind, I'm 100% again as from this morning.
glad your getting on well now and have had such a good loss in such a small amount of time
keep up the hard work
xx

Have been suffering from toothache so chewing - especially meat had become really difficult. Back to dentist again in 2 weeks, but pain bearable as I've stopped chewing. Back on LT from 24/9. See how I go on LT, but will be back on Atkins :)

Good luck Kay - you've gotta do it whatever way works for you! Hope the tooth settles down quickly, and we'll see you back here soon! :)

Ouchie - suffered in my 20s from teeth so really get it :eek:

Sounds like shakes a great plan!

Good luck Kay hope you feel better soon xx

Back