Kay's journey to health and happiness

Eugh no I don't like that at all! It tastes like perfume! Perhaps I need something with a bit of a 'thicker' flavour, for want of a better word. I'm not sure how to describe, but I mean something like cinnamon, or I could try the vanilla.

Can someone help me out because 'thicker' is not the right word at all haha! x

lol you mean its dense in flavour :D that's why it tastes like perfume, your like me I can't do really strong smells that start tasting like toiletries :p . If you like milder flavours then fennel is lovely, the one I'm having camomile and spiced apple is lovely, its like apple pie :D can't go wrong there. I don't like black currant neither or Ribena yukky ! lol

Kay xx

About to have a peppermint tea!

Kay - what's your kale soup like? I love kale cooked or made into crisps but can't imagine it as a soup. If it's nice, i'd love to give it a go!

Here you go lovely :) .

Kay xx

KALE SOUP RECIPE

Ingredients -

frylight
x1 small diced onion
x2 stock cubes
x1 can tinned tomatoes
x1 can chick peas
x1 can red kidney beans
75g Kale chopped
250g sliced mushrooms
250g frozen mix veg bag (of your choice, I buy mine from Asda, its an oriental mix one, its yummy)
pinch of garlic powder
pinch of chilli flakes
pinch of black pepper
pinch of cumin powder
pinch of smoked paprika
squeeze of lemon juice
fresh coriander to garnish

Method -

Take a large saucepan, spray with frylight and sauté the onions on medium heat until brown, now add the tin tomatoes and crumble the x2 stock cubes in, cook for 3-4 mins, now add all the vegetables (leave out the kale) add all the spices add more water to the pan so the veggies are covered and now allow to simmer for 15 mins on low heat. Now add a squeeze of lemon juice to the soup and now add the kale and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes then turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh coriander. Your Kale soup is ready and its packed with nutrition and flavour :) .

PS. I used chick peas and red kidney beans to bulk mine up because I was not using chicken because I do green days. If your making this on a red day, then leave the beans out because chicken will be your source of protein, use the rest of the veg and the kale, should come out lovely. :p

Enjoy !! :) xx

Last edited:
Yes dense that's it! Ooh I love apple I'll definitely try that! My OH drinks hot Ribena or hot Vimto when he's got a cold and I think it's vile :eek: I'm doing the big shop either tomorrow or Saturday so I'll see what Aldi have got in stock - all I can do is try different ones and eliminate the toiletries :giggle:

I suppose the fennel tea would taste like liquorice I'm guessing? I'm not a fan of liquorice so I'd probably give that one a miss too... xx

Yes dense that's it! Ooh I love apple I'll definitely try that! My OH drinks hot Ribena or hot Vimto when he's got a cold and I think it's vile :eek: I'm doing the big shop either tomorrow or Saturday so I'll see what Aldi have got in stock - all I can do is try different ones and eliminate the toiletries :giggle:

I suppose the fennel tea would taste like liquorice I'm guessing? I'm not a fan of liquorice so I'd probably give that one a miss too... xx

I like the ginger one when I'm cold, it warms me up inside but has a strong flavour, not sure if you will be a fan. Some of their fruity flavours taste better as iced teas in the summer than hot because then they start to taste like perfume lol . Have fun shopping. Aldi's benefit bars are very popular and their coconut yogurt I think Cookie buys and mrs store gets their cassava crisp bags which she says are really yum, worth trying instead of your sunbites :D .

Kay xx

I like the ginger one when I'm cold, it warms me up inside but has a strong flavour, not sure if you will be a fan. Some of their fruity flavours taste better as iced teas in the summer than hot because then they start to taste like perfume lol . Have fun shopping. Aldi's benefit bars are very popular and their coconut yogurt I think Cookie buys and mrs store gets their cassava crisp bags which she says are really yum, worth trying instead of your sunbites :D .

Kay xx

Both of my Aldi's have been out of stock of the benefit bars for months now it's ridiculous! And I keep looking for the coconut yoghurts because I love coconut, but no luck as yet. I haven't seen the cassava crisps so I'll keep my eye out when I go :) xx

Both of my Aldi's have been out of stock of the benefit bars for months now it's ridiculous! And I keep looking for the coconut yoghurts because I love coconut, but no luck as yet. I haven't seen the cassava crisps so I'll keep my eye out when I go :) xx

Someone just posted on our groups fb page that the benefit bars are being discontinued by aldi. So that's probably why you haven't been able to get hold of any x

Someone just posted on our groups fb page that the benefit bars are being discontinued by aldi. So that's probably why you haven't been able to get hold of any x

I haven't been able to get them for ages either, so was thinking that might have happened.

Silly Aldi, all us SWers would have kept on buying!

Eugh no I don't like that at all! It tastes like perfume! Perhaps I need something with a bit of a 'thicker' flavour, for want of a better word. I'm not sure how to describe, but I mean something like cinnamon, or I could try the vanilla.

Perhaps not a fruit one but a herbal one, like cammomile or perhaps spearmint.

Kay you'll have to let us know what you're kale soup was like, I've bought sweet potatoes today so I'll make spicy sweet potato soup over the next few days.

Afternoon bunny :)
How's you today?
xx

Bunny is doing well thanks :p . I'm on day 3 of my soup challenge and I feel great . I hope all the veggies are doing me some goodness inside my body. I've been keeping up with my walking this week and have also reduced my salt intake. I made my lovely kale soup today it was yum . I still have 1L of water left to drink then that's 3L's done for today :) . How's your day been Pixie ?

Kay xx

Perhaps not a fruit one but a herbal one, like cammomile or perhaps spearmint.

Kay you'll have to let us know what you're kale soup was like, I've bought sweet potatoes today so I'll make spicy sweet potato soup over the next few days.

Hey Michelle :), how are you hun ? I will pop over to your diary later to see your lovely food pics :D . Oh I've made the kale soup before, its one of my fav's. It's very yummy, I think so lol . Wow spicy sweet potato soup sounds lush ! :p

Kay xx

Intense?

Hi Kay ,
Yes I'm up for another week of soup , really enjoying it ,
Yay to you getting that body magic in again and if it's a bit blustery and your walking into it gives that extra resistance , makes muscles work harder,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Michelle :), how are you hun ? I will pop over to your diary later to see your lovely food pics :D . Oh I've made the kale soup before, its one of my fav's. It's very yummy, I think so lol . Wow spicy sweet potato soup sounds lush ! :p

Kay xx

Lol, I'm fine, I do always read your diary but don't often post!!!

I thought it was here I read about the spicy sweet potato soup, obviously not, need to do a search now as I need the recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Kay ,
Yes I'm up for another week of soup , really enjoying it ,
Yay to you getting that body magic in again and if it's a bit blustery and your walking into it gives that extra resistance , makes muscles work harder,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Von :), yep I am getting back into body magic. Loving my walks, just hope the weather stays dry this week and doesn't rain. So glad you'll do another week with me yay ! :D Your veggie soup sounds yummy ! and well done on the wi fit and extra walking you did today. Did you buy anything nice when you went shopping ?

Kay xx

TODAYS EATS

GREEN DAY

SOUP CHALLENGE DAY 3 :)

Breakfast -
x2 Tangerines
x1 Apple
x1 Banana

Lunch -
Jacket with Salad and Mayo 3 syns

IMG_0914.jpg

Dinner -
KALE Soup (x3 bowls ) - free

IMG_0845.jpg IMG_0839.jpg

Dessert -
Fruit Salad - free
(pears, apples, tangerines, summer fruits)

IMG_0909.jpg

Drinks -
x1 Lemon Zest Tea
x1 Camomile and Spiced Apple Tea
x1 Peppermint Tea
x3L of Water :p yay !

TOTAL SYNS = 3 :)

Food looks gorgeous Kay and well done on your 3rd day of the soup challenge hun x

Thanks Sheila :), I'm actually feeling healthier with all the fresh fruit and veg I'm packing in and there's more good news, the pf has become a permanent resident with me :D she's loving the soups hehe. How has your day been hun ? Will pop over to your diary in a mo ...

Kay xx

Back