Kay's journey to health and happiness

I gotta try me those cheesecakes cake they look gorgeous. Do you make them in a ramikin?

Thanks Sheila, to keep the shape I use a large circular cookie cutter, leave it to set in the fridge for 30 mins then remove the cutter :) .

Found you!! Just discovering the minimins apps potential otherwise I'd have subscribed earlier ^.^

Oooh how did you make the cheesecake Kay?? I've tried making desserts before and they all tasted foul....would be nice to try something that actually tastes good and I trust yours did? :D

Oooh how did you make the cheesecake Kay?? I've tried making desserts before and they all tasted foul....would be nice to try something that actually tastes good and I trust yours did? :D

Hi Lauren, glad you found my diary :p . The cheesecakes I make round using a cookie cutter. The ingredients is simple and it tastes lovely. The flavours are upto you, you can experiment around with lots of them. So far I have done a summer fruits with chocolate one and a banana and choc one. I want to do a chocolate orange one next that should be yum.

Here is the method for cheesecake -

imagesFSWR9IV0.jpgCookie Cutter :)

Take x2 Alpen Light Bars (flavours of your choice - I usually go for the double choc one, it works with most cheesecake flavours) pop them in a microwave for 10 secs (no longer or they will burn). This will allow them to get soft and you can mould them to form the round base. (Best to do it inside a cookie cutter to get the perfect round shape)

Take half a tub of Quark (don't buy a supermarkets own brand they are normally not thick enough for cheesecake, Quarks own is the best). Now mix in x1 sachet of hot choc powder into a bowl. At this stage you can also add a drop of vanilla essence if you fancy. The 11g Options packs are around 2 syns but I use the 16g one which is 2.5 syns but I use only half the pack which is 8g or it will be too sweet. But if you use the 11g pack, you can use all of it, you will be fine.

Once you have mixed the mixture in a bowl, layer it into the cookie cutter, ontop of your Alpen Light base. Now you can choose fruit of your choice to decorate it with. I am normally on a budget so I buy frozen fruit which lasts me longer. Asda do a 500g box of summer fruits in the frozen section, it's wonderful, that's what I used on my cheesecake. You can also use fresh fruit of your choice like I did the banana one.

Now layer with the fruit of your choice ontop of the quark mixture inside the cookie cutter. Now leave it in the fridge to set for 30 mins. Take out the fridge and gently slide the cookie cutter away, very slowly so your cheesecake does not pullout with it, use a spoon to press it down while you pull the cookie cutter away. You should now have a perfect circle shape with all the layers looking pretty.

Voila your 2 syn cheesecake is ready ! :D

Tips - In terms of sweetness you can add sweetner once you have mixed the quark and choc powder if it is not sweet enough for you. I normally find I am ok without it. Also you can dust the fruit with a dash of icing sugar or coco powder to make it look more pretty at the end, but remember to add the syns, I usually use cinnamon powder which is free.

Last edited:
You'll have done great kay, you excited? I get scared every week xx

Morning Rae Rae, nope not excited, more nervous. I was the only one that had a gain last week in group :eek: . My consultant text me in the week too, to check up on me :p . I have managed to eat within my syns all week but the portion pots came late so I have been eating a lot of rice also not enough superfree. I think once I have Tuesday out the way I need to look at adding more free and superfree to my meals and I will be using my portion pots too. How have you been ?

Kay xx

Your still doing great and your syns are part of the plan so please don't feel guilty.

I'm ok, deelehungry today though but been busy this morning, needed to go the bank and into town. Goin to work now, the only thing gettin me through is knowing I finish tomorrow for a week :)

Your still doing great and your syns are part of the plan so please don't feel guilty.

I'm ok, deelehungry today though but been busy this morning, needed to go the bank and into town. Goin to work now, the only thing gettin me through is knowing I finish tomorrow for a week :)

Lucky you Rae Rae, you will be off for one week and then a nice break in Spain. Bet it must be hard to focus at work :D .

Kay xx

Todays Eats

GREEN DAY

Breakfast -
Smoked Salmon sandwich
x2 wm bread (heb)
x2 low low cheese slices (hea)
1 tbsp. ketchup 1 syn
60g smoked salmon 5.5 syns

Lunch -
Cheese & Ham Sandwich
x2 wm bread (heb)
x1 low low cheese slice (hea)
1 tsp. flora light than light 0.5 syns
salad - free
quorn ham slices - free

Dinner -
Brown Lentil Curry with rice 2 syns

Dessert -
0% fat Activia Strawberry Yogurt - free
Meringue Nest 2.5 syns
summer fruits - free

Drinks -
x1 peppermint tea
x1 detox tea
1L of water

TOTAL SYNS = 11.5 :)

Thanks for the recipe and method for making Kay. I'll get some Quark tomorrow - I stopped buying it as I found it bitter. I can add sweetener and choccy options that will suit me nom nom.

Good luck for WI tomorrow hun xx

Hello :) meals sounds good today, how are you? And thanks for the cheesecake recipe, I'll have to give it a go one day.

Thanks for the recipe and method for making Kay. I'll get some Quark tomorrow - I stopped buying it as I found it bitter. I can add sweetener and choccy options that will suit me nom nom.

Good luck for WI tomorrow hun xx

Your all welcome to the recipe :). Feeling really nervous about weigh in tomorrow Sheila :eek: . I really need a loss. Seems like ages since the scales have moved significantly for me :( . Hope you day is going ok.

Kay xx

Hello :) meals sounds good today, how are you? And thanks for the cheesecake recipe, I'll have to give it a go one day.

Hi Cookie, I don't know why but I am feeling really down today. I looked in the mirror and to me my stomach always looks like I'm 3 months pregnant :(. I don't see a slim girl wanting to come out from any angle. I have resisted stepping on my home scales, I want to wait until I get to group tomorrow morning, but I feel so bloaty. I didn't even enjoy my food much today ( so no food pics :() every spoonful I felt guilty. I'm like this every Monday - miserable. Sorry for rant, how are you ?

Kay xx

Your all welcome to the recipe :). Feeling really nervous about weigh in tomorrow Sheila :eek: . I really need a loss. Seems like ages since the scales have moved significantly for me :( . Hope you day is going ok.

Kay xx

Awww Kay chin up love, you have had a cracking week with some amzing foodage. Each and everyone of us tortures ourselves each week, even those that dont weigh (sneaky peek) wondering if we have done enough to get those numbers to move! Why do we do it to ourselves?

All you can do is your best and you sure have this week. Stop punishing yourself you will make yourself ill. Tomorrows WI will be fine dont stress, were here for support if its a bad result and here to celebrate with you if its a good one,(ive every confidence we will be cheering with you) either way your minis friends know what your feeling. Good luck hun x

Oh Kay, first of all please don't apologise for the rant, its not even a rant to be fair. 2nd, I don't know any female who is completely happy with their bodies at all, we all have flaws bumps and all sorts hanging on us that we'd rather do without, the only difference is where on a journey to help us look and feel better. There'll be times I'm sure you may say I'm not happy with my tummy but I quite like how much nicer my arms look or something.

I don't like how I look as a whole but I like that I've made some improvement to how I look. When I get blue about myself I find a picture of me before I lost weight and then when I look in the mirror, I can then say to myself, I'm starting to look loads better than I did before. Do you have any photos of the old you?

Sorry that was a bit of lecture.
3) we're all anxious nearer to weigh in, just drink plenty and try not to stress if you can xxxx

Thanks Sheila and Cookie xx.

I know I won't sleep well tonight. I'm over thinking it in my head. If I come back with a gain I will be miserable and eat salad leaves for the rest of the week :( . I wasn't feeling so bloated yesterday why does this have to happen on a Monday ? Cookie I do have a few old pics I know I have lost 2.5 stones since starting, well it was 3.5 but then I gained 1 stone back :mad: . Just in a rush to loose it all now but I know it will take me time. Sometimes I just get impatient with myself. A few years back it had become a joke amongst family and friends when I would always make an announcement, this is my year this time I will do it and then did many diets and then fell flat on my face. Everyone stopped believing it until last year when I joined SW and lost 3.5 stones. Don't know if I've got what it takes to go all the way. I still have another 4 stone to go to target :( .

Kay xx

4stone is a lot of weight and no doubt will seem daunting, can't you just aim for 1-1.5lb each week and make that your goal, forget 4 stone for now, try just hitting a weekly goal. I know I'd be happy with 1lb every week tbh that's almost 4 stone in a year too! Bonus xx

4stone is a lot of weight and no doubt will seem daunting, can't you just aim for 1-1.5lb each week and make that your goal, forget 4 stone for now, try just hitting a weekly goal. I know I'd be happy with 1lb every week tbh that's almost 4 stone in a year too! Bonus xx

Yep Sheila said the same thing a few posts ago, your both right, I should focus on small goals and maybe 1 lb a week. I wish I could lose at least 2 a week but I know with no body magic that's not going to happen. I guess some loss is better than no loss. The other thing is when you lose a 1lb a week you don't see much difference in the mirror so for a short while you don't feel like your losing. I guess after a month or two you start to see a small difference.

Your right cookie I just have to keep at it a week at a time . I hope I reach target by December this year, that was my plan for last year :rolleyes:. I can't even imagine what it will feel like when I do hit target. It will be such an amazing feeling to have lost 7 stones. Just for that feeling only it's worth me sticking with this to the end. I have to keep reminding myself of that :) .

Kay xx

We all do, we forget what we've achieved because were still wanting. When I'm own I'll read back on here and follow my own advice! X

Back