Kay's journey to health and happiness

Hey Bev, glad your back, I missed you, I know you've been very busy lately. I'm fine thanks hun but your right about picking up something, I was just getting a bit down a few days ago about my op which is in a few days time, but I'm ok now and feel mighty fit and ready to take the world on lol :p ! My family made me realise I need to start focusing on the positives, like I'm 4 stone lighter now, and that surely will help with my recovery :). All my mins friends have been so supportive and kind, I will miss you all greatly while I'm off.

I enjoyed doing the Salad Challenge this week and have tried to fit the gym in as much as possible. I'm aiming to loss my 3lb gain from last week so that I'm back in the 11's that's all I want. When I resume my SW group in June, I will continue my journey to lose 3 stone by xmas so I can be at target fingers crossed.

I loved chilling in the garden, it was so relaxing and I enjoy taking pics too. I know you do too on your travels, can't wait to see your hol pics ! :D I know when I'm back after a month you will be doing super on the C25K, I am really looking forward to starting that too and will need all your tips :).

Glad you like my new avatar pic :p, laughing at your story about the choc cake ! hehe I don't think I've changed much when it comes to choc lol . Hope you've had a nice relaxing Sunday. Good luck for your weigh in next week hun, hope you have a brill loss, fingers crossed for you ! :)

Kay xx

I thought ur avatar was cruel Kay - instantly made me want to eat cake LOL!! U've done well this week with the challenge hard enough at any time but with ur op on ur mind that's an incredible achievement and u deserve to get ur 3lb loss - take carexx

Hi Kay, food looks lovely and looks like you're doing brill on the salad challenge! Sorry to hear you're a bit down about the op. Please try not to worry, I always think the worry before an op/something bad is worse than the actualy thing itself (hope that makes sense) You are a strong, amazing, lovely person, you will be just fine. Take it easy Kay :D xxxx

Hi Kay just popping by to say hello, last night went well I had salmon salad ,
I resisted some lovely looking dishes hope the scales appreciate it in the morning lol,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Evening everyone :cry::cry::cry:.

I got a call from the hospital this morning to say my op has been cancelled and postponed to next month because a more urgent case has come up so they have dumped me to the bottom of the que :( that's NHS for you ! I have been waiting for my appointment for months !! I had prepared myself for it mentally, it was ment to be on Wednesday this week and today they phone up and cancelled on me, just 2 days before !!

No no no I'm not a happy bunny ! I'm fed up with everything in my life being put on hold. I haven't worked in months because I need to get this damn Op out they way. I hate being at home and miss work. Part of me feels cut off from the outside world since I've been home. I want my life back ! I feel like I can't move forward with anything, everything is taking so much time to happen ! :(

I have been crying all day, :cry:I had been so good all week with my diet because I wanted my body to be in the best possible form for my Op. Well after their phone call I was so angry :mad: I caved into food and ate what the hell I wanted !! What's the point in being good ! I have had pizza, chocolate, ice cream and more crap today and I feel like rubbish ! :cry:

There is no point going to group tomorrow, I have blown it and I don't feel like being around anyone ! I'm sorry but I am so angry :mad: and upset, I'm no use to anyone on mins tonight :(. What is the point in anything !

I know you all don't like me like this but I'm sorry xx

Oh Kay big hugs x how frustrating, unfortunately this is the state if the nhs they just don't have enough resources. I can totally understand why you eat off plan. I would say go to group even if you chose not to weigh ( check with consultant first some don't allow it) it will mean you can see other people and talk to them about how you are feeling. Hugs again xxxxxxxx

Grrrrrrrrrr bloody NHS - sorry they cancelled Kay. I know your devastated and feel like "whats the point", but please dont give up. You are doing so well, yes you may have blown it today but thats understandable. You've had a cracking week, try and pull yourself together and still go to WI tomorrow, sometimes not going when you feel youve blown it is a bad thing cos it can lead to a downward spiral and next week you may think sod it im not going again this week

On the plus side...... It gives you another month to be totally focused and on plan, lose even more and be in better shape for your recovery. That way you will have that award in the bag :D I know its not what you want to hear, but please don't give up now. Were all here for you hun xxx

Grrrrrrrrrr bloody NHS - sorry they cancelled Kay. I know your devastated and feel like "whats the point", but please dont give up. You are doing so well, yes you may have blown it today but thats understandable. You've had a cracking week, try and pull yourself together and still go to WI tomorrow, sometimes not going when you feel youve blown it is a bad thing cos it can lead to a downward spiral and next week you may think sod it im not going again this week On the plus side...... It gives you another month to be totally focused and on plan, lose even more and be in better shape for your recovery. That way you will have that award in the bag :D I know its not what you want to hear, but please don't give up now. Were all here for you hun xxx

I can't add anything to this , Sheila had said it so well,

But Kay please don't think what's the point , your emotions are like a roller coaster at the moment ,
Sending loads of hugs , lots of love xxxxx

I hope your ok Kay, I totally understand you not wanting to be on tonight but I'm worried bout you Hun , xxxx

I got a call from the hospital this morning to say my op has been cancelled and postponed to next month because a more urgent case has come up so they have dumped me to the bottom of the que :( that's NHS for you ! I have been waiting for my appointment for months !! I had prepared myself for it mentally, it was ment to be on Wednesday this week and today they phone up and cancelled on me, just 2 days before !!

No no no I'm not a happy bunny ! I'm fed up with everything in my life being put on hold. I haven't worked in months because I need to get this damn Op out they way. I hate being at home and miss work. Part of me feels cut off from the outside world since I've been home. I want my life back ! I feel like I can't move forward with anything, everything is taking so much time to happen ! :(

I have been crying all day, :cry:I had been so good all week with my diet because I wanted my body to be in the best possible form for my Op. Well after their phone call I was so angry :mad: I caved into food and ate what the hell I wanted !! What's the point in being good ! I have had pizza, chocolate, ice cream and more crap today and I feel like rubbish ! :cry:

There is no point going to group tomorrow, I have blown it and I don't feel like being around anyone ! I'm sorry but I am so angry :mad: and upset, I'm no use to anyone on mins tonight :(. What is the point in anything !

Aww Kay, I'm gutted for you! I really feel for you hun, I know how much you wanted this op over and done with! :( I'm so sorry.

I'm always here if you need to talk, *big hugs* xxxx

That is awful - ~I agree with everyone else though that you should go to group for the support they can give you. Take care xx

Oh Kay, that's so annoying, cancelling your op just 2 days beforehand, next month is no good, you want it now.

So you've caved in & had a blowout, draw a line under it, hopefully you'll start to feel better in a few days. Don't spend too long off plan you'll only get annoyed with yourself when the see the scales move in the wrong direction x

:grouphugg::superwoman::grouphugg::superwoman::grouphugg::superwoman::grouphugg::superwoman:

Oh Kay I was sorry to read ur post - what a huge shock and disappointment and I fully understand that u turned to food for comfort - just what I'd have done - but even more sorry to hear u being so hard on urself - no need for apologies either - we're all here to support u and one another - that's what Minis is all about.

I hope in the morning that ur able to see how far u've come - that ur in better shape/health for the op and by the time u have the op u'll be lighter and fitter. Take care Kay - I hope u change ur mind and go to class for the support - take care - I'll be thinking of uxx

Nothing more too say Kay. Big Hug -
Let it all out hun. No apoligy needed, just get that anger and frustration out. Then take a deep breath and face the world the way you do best.
Turn the situation around and see it as an opportunity to get that award you were trying so hard for b4 the op. You've been given that chance - grab it and shine!
We're all here for you. Theres a reason for this and im sure you'll rise to the challenge and win.
Love to you hun. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back