Kay's journey to health and happiness

wow that's a nice variety, you could make a yummy fruit salad with that. How is your knee holding up now hun, are you ok with the walks and exercise ? Kay xx

It's been a but sore today but I think the damp weather could have an effect on it,
I've only got a week left :(
Today's my official last day on my sick note

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Heehee, yes I've been fine since, no cravings at all! Think it was the evil totm fairy doing her worst ;) xx

Yep TOTM fairy is the worst, we all get affected by her, my cravings go crazy that time too lol, you did well to resist hun. I'm sure you will see the reward of your hard work on Tuesday :).

Kay xx

It's been a but sore today but I think the damp weather could have an effect on it,
I've only got a week left :(
Today's my official last day on my sick note

Oh wow I can't believe one week has gone already ! Time flys hun. How does the damp weather affect your knee ? Sorry hun I'm a bit dosey sometimes xx

Oh wow I can't believe one week has gone already ! Time flys hun. How does the damp weather affect your knee ? Sorry hun I'm a bit dosey sometimes xx

It's going too fast so just next week as a owed hol week,
The damp weather affects the joints with the arthritis , I don't know how or why , I remember my mum saying the wether was changing as her knees and back would be worse , she had crumbling of the spine ,
But now I understand what she said coz it makes a difference to my knee , if it's raining it seems to ache more

It's going too fast so just next week as a owed hol week,
The damp weather affects the joints with the arthritis , I don't know how or why , I remember my mum saying the wether was changing as her knees and back would be worse , she had crumbling of the spine ,
But now I understand what she said coz it makes a difference to my knee , if it's raining it seems to ache more

Oh no Vonnie, does that mean summer or hot climate would suit you more ? That's probably because of the vitamin D you would get for your joints. What about a heat therapy treatment, have you heard of `infrared lamp ' for treatment ? xx

Oh no Vonnie, does that mean summer or hot climate would suit you more ? That's probably because of the vitamin D you would get for your joints. What about a heat therapy treatment, have you heard of `infrared lamp ' for treatment ? xx

Yea hot climate , would be better, that's decided need to emigrate ,
You know you've just reminded me chan has a massager here ( this is sounding so bad lol)
It's infa red and vibrates but you can have them independently , I used it before my op and the infa red soothed it, the vibrating didn't lol, he told me to take it back with me his uncle gave it him wen he hurt his back , I might give the infa red another go,
It's a shame it hasn't got the other adapters in the box the pics look good , one of them looks great for massaging cellulite on thighs,
I would so use that

You know you've just reminded me chan has a massager here ( this is sounding so bad lol)
It's infa red and vibrates but you can have them independently , I used it before my op and the infa red soothed it, the vibrating didn't lol, he told me to take it back with me his uncle gave it him wen he hurt his back , I might give the infa red another go,
It's a shame it hasn't got the other adapters in the box the pics look good , one of them looks great for massaging cellulite on thighs,
I would so use that

My mum has one that she uses and its really good and helps relax joint pain. It's great Chan is giving you his, I think you should use it Vonnie, it will definitely help ease the pain. You know at your house do you have a bath or a shower, because a long hot soak would also be nice in the evenings when your back from work to help relax you before bed ?

Kay xx

I would so use that

On a similar note, have you tried a TENS machine Von? I have inflammatory arthritis (maybe different kind to you) and find that when I have bad flares the TENS can really help. I put it on for a double cycle (each is 15 mins) when I go to bed and it really helps with the pain, enough that I can usually get to sleep without it bothering me too much. I recently replaced my old one, they aren't that expensive and can be bought online at Lloyds chemists. Might be worth a try, or if you know anyone that has one, you could borrow it first. I believe some GP surgeries also have them that you can borrow to try.

My mum has one that she uses and its really good and helps relax joint pain. It's great Chan is giving you his, I think you should use it Vonnie, it will definitely help ease the pain. You know at your house do you have a bath or a shower, because a long hot soak would also be nice in the evenings when your back from work to help relax you before bed ? Kay xx

Back at mine we've got both bath and shower , but yes I always have a nice soak every night it is relaxing, I miss not having a bath ,

On a similar note, have you tried a TENS machine Von? I have inflammatory arthritis (maybe different kind to you) and find that when I have bad flares the TENS can really help. I put it on for a double cycle (each is 15 mins) when I go to bed and it really helps with the pain, enough that I can usually get to sleep without it bothering me too much. I recently replaced my old one, they aren't that expensive and can be bought online at Lloyds chemists. Might be worth a try, or if you know anyone that has one, you could borrow it first. I believe some GP surgeries also have them that you can borrow to try.

Yea that's a thought , my mum used to have one,
I've not given a thought to try one , il look into it , thanks cloudy xx

Not sure if we're allowed to post links to shopping sites on here so I'll pm to you, to give you an idea. They work by partially blocking the signals to the brain, so it doesn't 'cure' it but makes the brain think its less painful.

Oh thanks cloudy, that would be very helpful xx

No problem, I understand what pain is like and the TENS is a non invasive, non drug way of helping ease it. Not that I'm averse to using medication, lol, I'd sometimes be in a bad way without mine but I prefer to keep the level down if I can. :)

No problem, I understand what pain is like and the TENS is a non invasive, non drug way of helping ease it. Not that I'm averse to using medication, lol, I'd sometimes be in a bad way without mine but I prefer to keep the level down if I can. :)

I get moaned at from chan bout always taking tablets,

I get moaned at from chan bout always taking tablets,

Oh no hun is that for the tabs the docs have given you or vitamins your taking ? xx

Oh no hun is that for the tabs the docs have given you or vitamins your taking ? xx

The pain killers , he doesn't take any would rather suffer , I tell him it can't be that bad then coz the pain in my knee you wouldn't suffer if a tablet can ease it

The pain killers , he doesn't take any would rather suffer , I tell him it can't be that bad then coz the pain in my knee you wouldn't suffer if a tablet can ease it

Oh my dads like that he's so old school, he says tabs make us weak lol he moans when we take them too, he hates any medicine and would rather his body fight whatever it is, then he'll say see my cold went away, didn't need anything lol . But your right, if he was in the same pain he would understand why you need them. This last week is going to fly by for you Vonnie, is your brother in law gonna pick u up on Sunday ? xx

Oh my dads like that he's so old school, he says tabs make us weak lol he moans when we take them too, he hates any medicine and would rather his body fight whatever it is, then he'll say see my cold went away, didn't need anything lol . But your right, if he was in the same pain he would understand why you need them. This last week is going to fly by for you Vonnie, is your brother in law gonna pick u up on Sunday ? xx

It is going to go sooo fast ,
I don't know I've not said anything, but I can easy get a train ,
If I had to get a letter from my dr I was leaving Friday as bruv in law finishes just after lunch so I was going to get a late appointment , but with the consultant doing it and giving it my sis, I can stay till Sunday,
It's going to be so strange not being with Chan , can't believe it's been 6 month , but then he says but you will be with sis and bruv in law , he will be back alone so it will be very strange for him, I try to make light of it saying he will enjoy the peace and no nagging lol

Back