Kay's journey to health and happiness

Re the Alpen lights - they are between 2.5 and 3.5 depending on flavour if not used as a healthy extra.

Slimming World, Hi-fi Light Bars Rocky Road , 20g bar
3​

The company who make the hi fi's are no longer making them for SW so the company are looking for another supplier who can make them or something as close to them as they can, because the company obviously wont want to sell their recipe to another company.

Aldi benefit bars can also be used as a healthy extra

Haha, I nearly did that once. I was doing a red day and had 4 for both hexb choices! Soo bad! It's probably a good thing they are out of stock really!

Had a great day thanks, finally got my butt moving and went swimming, 66 lengths in an hour which I'm proud of. I'm still amazed there is an exercise out there that I'm not terrible at! Hows your day been? I'm going to watch that first dates programme you recommended at 10, or at least I think it was you! x

It was me indeed :p do watch it, its a fab programme, well I really like it. Well done on the swimming hun, that's great and I'm sure it's going to add to your losses this week. I know you mentioned with the new job there will be lots of walking, so you'll be getting even fitter by the day :) . You know I spoke to you about switching things up, have decided to leave the gym this week, just want to stick to what I'm doing for now since it's working. The minute things start slowing down, I will go gym and do some red days I think, something like what I did before, the chicken salad thing that I mentioned to you, where I lost loads last year. I need to up my water, haven't been too good with that this week . Also the TOTM fairy is ment to visit me on Saturday so have no idea how that's going to affect my next weigh in. It will probably be bloating galore :rolleyes: . Have you ever lost weight Bev on your star week ?

Kay xx

Re the Alpen lights - they are between 2.5 and 3.5 depending on flavour if not used as a healthy extra.

Slimming World, Hi-fi Light Bars Rocky Road , 20g bar

3​

The company who make the hi fi's are no longer making them for SW so the company are looking for another supplier who can make them or something as close to them as they can, because the company obviously wont want to sell their recipe to another company.

Aldi benefit bars can also be used as a healthy extra

Thanks Sheila :) . But I'm using slimming world online and it says 6 syns for hifi bar ? and my consultant says the website is more uptodate than the packaging ? Anyway I will check with my consultant. Don't get me wrong I'm more than happy with 3, that means I have more syns to spare :D. I'm doing ok Sheila how has your day been ? I hope your daughter and sister are feeling a bit better. Well done on a fab sts, I'm really happy for you :p. I have a friends birthday to go to on Saturday its a lovely posh Chinese restaurant in Central London. My only thing is I have no idea what to order. I know you copy pasted me a lovely list of Chinese dishes and their syn values a while back, would it be cheeky of me to ask you if you could do that again pls ? The list will really help me. Thanks so much.

Kay xx

It was me indeed :p do watch it, its a fab programme, well I really like it. Well done on the swimming hun, that's great and I'm sure it's going to add to your losses this week. I know you mentioned with the new job there will be lots of walking, so you'll be getting even fitter by the day :) . You know I spoke to you about switching things up, have decided to leave the gym this week, just want to stick to what I'm doing for now since it's working. The minute things start slowing down, I will go gym and do some red days I think, something like what I did before, the chicken salad thing that I mentioned to you, where I lost loads last year. I need to up my water, haven't been too good with that this week . Also the TOTM fairy is ment to visit me on Saturday so have no idea how that's going to affect my next weigh in. It will probably be bloating galore :rolleyes: . Have you ever lost weight Bev on your star week ?

Kay xx

Yeah I think that's a good plan hun, if you can lose 3lbs without the gym then that's great! I'm hoping the extra exercise will help to boost my losses in the long run, determined to get my SW 4st award at next WI (a week on Sat) and I need 2.5lbs. Like you say the walking will help too. Feels like a good time to make a fresh start with the exercise since I'm starting the new job.

I usually do lose on my * week, generally never a huge amount, but this month I managed 2lbs which I was really happy with. It's usually the week after * week that I have my biggest loss of the month.

Looking forward to the show, have a good night mi'dears x

Thanks Sheila :) . But I'm using slimming world online and it says 6 syns for hifi bar ? and my consultant says the website is more uptodate than the packaging ? Anyway I will check with my consultant. Don't get me wrong I'm more than happy with 3, that means I have more syns to spare :D. I'm doing ok Sheila how has your day been ? I hope your daughter and sister are feeling a bit better. Well done on a fab sts, I'm really happy for you :p. I have a friends birthday to go to on Saturday its a lovely posh Chinese restaurant in Central London. My only thing is I have no idea what to order. I know you copy pasted me a lovely list of Chinese dishes and their syn values a while back, would it be cheeky of me to ask you if you could do that again pls ? The list will really help me. Thanks so much.

Kay xx

Hi lovely of course I can :D

The syn value is from the SW online sight hun not the pack. The chocolate covered ones are 6 - also found this

Basic, Cereal bars, Hi-fi Light, all varieties, per bar
3​
3​
3​
Basic, Cereal bars, Hi-fi, all varieties excluding Light, per bar6

Yeah I think that's a good plan hun, if you can lose 3lbs without the gym then that's great! I'm hoping the extra exercise will help to boost my losses in the long run, determined to get my SW 4st award at next WI (a week on Sat) and I need 2.5lbs. Like you say the walking will help too. Feels like a good time to make a fresh start with the exercise since I'm starting the new job.

I usually do lose on my * week, generally never a huge amount, but this month I managed 2lbs which I was really happy with. It's usually the week after * week that I have my biggest loss of the month.

Looking forward to the show, have a good night mi'dears x

Thank you that gives me hope then :) . Night night Bev, enjoy the show, will catchup tomorrow :p .

Kay xx

Hi lovely of course I can :D

The syn value is from the SW online sight hun not the pack. The chocolate covered ones are 6 - also found this

Basic, Cereal bars, Hi-fi Light, all varieties, per bar

3​

3​

3​
Basic, Cereal bars, Hi-fi, all varieties excluding Light, per bar

Oh I see my mistake I was using the value of 6, but the rocky road is a `light' bar so its 3 hehe :D...will go and adjust my diary now for today and yesterday, yippy I saved on syns :p ! Thanks for bringing the good news Sheila :) .

Kay xx

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Beef with Mushrooms, average portion , 300g serving

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Beef in Black Bean Sauce, average portion , 360g serving
5​

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Chicken in Black Bean Sauce, average portion , 360g serving
5​

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Chicken & Mushroom, average portion , 340g serving
5½​

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Chicken Chop Suey with Noodles, average portion , 300g serving

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Chicken in Oyster Sauce, average portion , 375g serving

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Ginger & Garlic Prawns with Noodles, average portion , 440g serving
5​

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Barbecue Spare Ribs, average portion , 160g serving
8½​

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Beef Chow Mein, average portion , 450g serving
8½​

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Chicken & Cashew Nuts, average portion , 330g serving

These are all the lower syn ones and all on EE hun let me know if you want any more or for Green/Red x

Oh thank you so much Sheila :p will be going through these now to decide my meal for Saturday. Really looking forward to it, I love Chinese and Thai cuisine :) .

Kay xx

oh whoopsie forgot to add I'm doing green, well plan to anyway, do you have the syn values for those, sorry to bother you again Sheila.

Thanks Kay xx

oh whoopsie forgot to add I'm doing green, well plan to anyway, do you have the syn values for those, sorry to bother you again Sheila.

Thanks Kay xx

These are all the syns for Green chick - quite high :-( could you not go EE for the day?

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Barbecue Spare Ribs, average portion , 160g serving 17½

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Beef Chow Mein, average portion , 450g serving 8½

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Beef in Black Bean Sauce, average portion , 360g serving 16½

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Beef with Mushrooms, average portion , 300g serving 19½

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Beef with Peppers/Onions/Water Chestnuts, average portion , 350g serving 14

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Chicken in Black Bean Sauce, average portion , 360g serving 14

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Chicken & Cashew Nuts, average portion , 330g serving 18

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Chicken & Mushroom, average portion , 340g serving 11

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Chicken Chop Suey with Noodles, average portion , 300g serving 5½

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Chicken Chow Mein, average portion , 380g serving 16½

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Chicken in Oyster Sauce, average portion , 375g serving 15

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Peking Duck with Pancakes, average portion , 375g serving 52½

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Ginger & Garlic Prawns with Noodles, average portion , 440g serving 5

Chinese Restaurants/Takeaways, Prawns in Batter with a Sweet Chilli Sauce, average portion , 300g serving 22½

These are all the syns for Green chick - quite high :-( could you not go EE for the day?

..well now that I have both lists I will compare. If there are more interesting options available with EE and its lower in syns, then your right it makes more sense. I'm comfortable with green because I've always stuck to it. I was thinking of going for a hot and sour soup for a starter which I think is about 5 syns or something and then plain boiled rice or steamed noodles which should be free and then prawns in ginger and spring onions which has a clear sauce, I was told the dark sauces in Chinese cooking have more sugar the clear ones are lower in syns. What do you think ?

Kay xx

..well now that I have both lists I will compare. If there are more interesting options available with EE and its lower in syns, then your right it makes more sense. I'm comfortable with green because I've always stuck to it. I was thinking of going for a hot and sour soup for a starter which I think is about 5 syns or something and then plain boiled rice or steamed noodles which should be free and then prawns in ginger and spring onions which has a clear sauce, I was told the dark sauces in Chinese cooking have more sugar the clear ones are lower in syns. What do you think ?

Kay xx

Ive only ever done EE hun - but your plan sounds wise. The hot and sour soup is 5 I think, and the syns for the ginger prawns arent too bad are they on green.x

Ive only ever done EE hun - but your plan sounds wise. The hot and sour soup is 5 I think, and the syns for the ginger prawns arent too bad are they on green.x

I think so, I will compare with the list at the back of my SW book, but I have the old book so better to go by your list me thinks. Thanks very much again, hope you have a fab day tomorrow hun. Going to hit the pillow now. Night night. :)

Kay xx

Im very upset that the have reviewed the Chinese takeaway syns and they're all much higher now :( beef in black bean used to be something like 6 syns it's now over double. Such a shame but makes sense as I always thought it must be pumped with oil! :)

Enjoy the Chinese restaurant though!! Sounds lovely I can't wait to eat Chinese again one day soon! :) x

Im very upset that the have reviewed the Chinese takeaway syns and they're all much higher now :( beef in black bean used to be something like 6 syns it's now over double. Such a shame but makes sense as I always thought it must be pumped with oil! :)

Enjoy the Chinese restaurant though!! Sounds lovely I can't wait to eat Chinese again one day soon! :) x

I'm still awake, going to bed nearly :D, how are you lovely ? How was your day ?

Kay xx

Back