Kay's journey to health and happiness

Have a good day lovley
Were on day 3 , doing great,
You been out walking this week?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Kay, Sounds like you're well and truly back on it and doing fab!! :) Loving the daily photos of your food! Keep up the good work! xxx

Thanks so much KMD :), really appreciate your support. I love posting food pics and looking at others pics too :D . Hope your week back on plan is going well.

Kay xx

Kay your soup looks absolutely scrummy! I'm the same as Bev, I've never been a big fan of soup unless I've got loads of thick, crusty bread and butter :p but yours looks divine! I'm better with chunky soups I think. I'm going to start making some soon to take to work with me xx

Hey Danielle :), hope your having a great day hun. I'm actually waiting for the weather to get warmer then I can start doing a salad challenge for 7 days :D . I'm on day 3 and strangely enough not bored of it just yet. I don't mind my soup without bread but I do like some croutons on mine :rolleyes: but trying to avoid because they will make me hungry. I'm dinking my ginger tea, just finished making a batch of my kale soup for this evening :) . How is your new healthy eating plan going ?

Kay xx

Hey u apparently there's a nice bag of spicy parsnips in Asda that is nice blended into a soup... or butternut squash with sweet potato sounds nice ....

I tend to just make carrot and lentil hehe

Have a nice day xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Excitings :p spicy parsnips you say, well I better check that out on my next trip hehe :D . That does sound yummy and heard loads of people say bns is yummy too. A girl in group said she roasts them first then blends them, must be lovely. Hope day 1 of your soup challenge all goes well for you. I'm on day 3 and still loving it :) . I made my kale soup today but might try the options you mentioned when my kale soup finishes. The last day of my soup challenge is Monday then on Tuesday I will see how much I've lost, if I'm happy with it, I may press the repeat button for another week :D .

Well done on your super duper loss mrs ! Hope your having a smashing day ! :p

Kay xx

Thanks so much KMD :), really appreciate your support. I love posting food pics and looking at others pics too :D . Hope your week back on plan is going well.

Kay xx

I know! I'm loving the daily photos. Think I may start taking photos of mine too! I love seeing other people's yummy food and getting ideas! Thanks Kay, well I'm trying. I feel like I've finally got my mojo back! Today is my first proper day back on plan because yesterday was my sisters birthday so we went out for a meal and had cake etc. But I finally feel like I'm fully back on it and determined so I'm feeling good today :)!! Going to post my food for the day a bit later (and pics!) so you'll be able to see how I'm getting on. So far, so good though! How is it going for you? The soup challenge sounds good! xxx

Have a good day lovley
Were on day 3 , doing great,
You been out walking this week?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Von :), yep indeed I am keeping my body magic going. Went for my 1 hour walk in the park this morning. Was a bit windy compared to yesterday. Day 3 on the soup challenge is going good so far. Made my kale soup once I came back from my walk. Now chilling a bit and having my ginger tea and catching up with my mins friends :coffee: . Hope your having a nice day hun.

Kay xx

I know! I'm loving the daily photos. Think I may start taking photos of mine too! I love seeing other people's yummy food and getting ideas! Thanks Kay, well I'm trying. I feel like I've finally got my mojo back! Today is my first proper day back on plan because yesterday was my sisters birthday so we went out for a meal and had cake etc. But I finally feel like I'm fully back on it and determined so I'm feeling good today :)!! Going to post my food for the day a bit later (and pics!) so you'll be able to see how I'm getting on. So far, so good though! How is it going for you? The soup challenge sounds good! xxx

It's great to hear you sounding so positive :p ! Don't worry about the cake hun, you still have until Monday to wash it all away, drink plenty of water :) . Oh so excited, you'll be posting your food pics, yay ! looking forward to seeing them this evening. My soup challenge is going well, on day 3 today, I'm doing it with 2 other of my mins friends, we are all encouraging each other :D . I will findout if it was worthwhile on Tuesday, if its a good loss I will be sure to repeat it :p. I made kale soup today, had veg and coriander soup yesterday, so always changing it around so I don't get bored lol. Will post my pics in the evening too. Hope the rest of your day is going well. :)

Kay xx

Hey Danielle :), hope your having a great day hun. I'm actually waiting for the weather to get warmer then I can start doing a salad challenge for 7 days :D . I'm on day 3 and strangely enough not bored of it just yet. I don't mind my soup without bread but I do like some croutons on mine :rolleyes: but trying to avoid because they will make me hungry. I'm dinking my ginger tea, just finished making a batch of my kale soup for this evening :) . How is your new healthy eating plan going ?

Kay xx

Well yesterday went really well, today has not been as great so far. I had a chocolate hobnob earlier :copon: and I went out to get a sandwich and ended up with a club sandwich with light mayo on a brown roll (not exactly wholemeal but still better than white) and I forgot to ask for it without butter!!! :booboo: It was quite big though so I didn't finish it. I'm stuffed now!

Still, I'm hoping tonight's tea will be packed with veg... I think it'll be lamb steaks with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot and swede mash :p yummy!!

Ooh I've never tried ginger tea, what's that like?? xx

It's great to hear you sounding so positive :p ! Don't worry about the cake hun, you still have until Monday to wash it all away, drink plenty of water :) . Oh so excited, you'll be posting your food pics, yay ! looking forward to seeing them this evening. My soup challenge is going well, on day 3 today, I'm doing it with 2 other of my mins friends, we are all encouraging each other :D . I will findout if it was worthwhile on Tuesday, if its a good loss I will be sure to repeat it :p. I made kale soup today, had veg and coriander soup yesterday, so always changing it around so I don't get bored lol. Will post my pics in the evening too. Hope the rest of your day is going well. :)

Kay xx

Yeah, sounds good to me. I'm already on my second litre of water for the day so doing well :) Yes. I know. I think I'm having breadcrumbed chicken with salad and a small jacket/ or low cal chips in fry light spray. I'm sure you will do well with the soup. It's all really healthy and fresh and natural so don't think you have anything to worry about for weight in on tuesday. You are being a little angel this week! My day is going good although busy at work which is a good thing as it means I haven't felt the urge to snack at all! Although I may have a cup a soup or something soon as I'm getting a little peckish. Talk soon! xx

Well yesterday went really well, today has not been as great so far. I had a chocolate hobnob earlier :copon: and I went out to get a sandwich and ended up with a club sandwich with light mayo on a brown roll (not exactly wholemeal but still better than white) and I forgot to ask for it without butter!!! :booboo: It was quite big though so I didn't finish it. I'm stuffed now!

Still, I'm hoping tonight's tea will be packed with veg... I think it'll be lamb steaks with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot and swede mash :p yummy!!

Ooh I've never tried ginger tea, what's that like?? xx

I don't think you've done too bad, I'm sure if you look at it from a SW point of view, your still within your syns, for a little butter and some biccys and the brown roll. If tea is going to be syn free then I think you'll be fine hun. Oh I'm in love with twinnings herbal teas. This week I bought lemon zet, camomile with spiced apple, ginger tea and fennel tea, I love all of them :p. I think if your a herbal tea drinker you will like them but if you don't like herbal teas then I don't think you will like them. I never used to drink herbal tea so much, I used to be a huge coffee drinker. Back in the day I could get through 11 cups a day :eek: too much caffeine and also too much coke . Now I've cut caffeine out of my diet completely and only drink herbal teas, also for their added health benefits. :) Their great for detoxing.

Kay xx

I would like to try some of the fruity ones seeing as they are good for you, and I'm trying to drink more natural drinks and cut out anything too processed so they should be ideal. I'll be giving them a go at some point so I'll let you know how I get on :)

Great ! :p I haven't tried all the twinnings flavours yet but let me know which ones you get and if there nice . I also like the fruit ones as Ice Teas in the summer, yum .

Screen-Shot-2013-05-20-at-1_58_14-PM.png

Kay xx

Hi hun,
Just having a quick catch up on peoples diaries.
Wow you seem to have come back from your naughty week with total motivation. Keep going hun and the scales will hopefully give you another nice surprise on Tuesday.xx

Hey Lmn ! :D Good to have you back hun ! How are you feeling after your detox ?

Kay xx

Kay I've just found 2 boxes of Twinings in the cupboard at work! I've just made myself a cranberry and raspberry tea, just waiting for it to infuse :D it smells like one of those old fashioned sweet shops it's lovely! Hope it tastes nice! The other is blackcurrant and vanilla but I'm not really a fan of blackcurrant so I think I'll give that one a miss x

About to have a peppermint tea!

Kay - what's your kale soup like? I love kale cooked or made into crisps but can't imagine it as a soup. If it's nice, i'd love to give it a go!

It's lovely Katie and packed with other veggies too :) . I posted the recipe on here earlier, just looking for it now, will repost for you hun in a bit ...

Kay xx

Eugh no I don't like that at all! It tastes like perfume! Perhaps I need something with a bit of a 'thicker' flavour, for want of a better word. I'm not sure how to describe, but I mean something like cinnamon, or I could try the vanilla.

Can someone help me out because 'thicker' is not the right word at all haha! x

Thanks hun, it's good to be back. My detox went amazingly well. I'm still feeling poorly but a bit better today, still taking it easy though.xx

Glad your feeling loads better hun, will pop over to your dairy for a catch up later :) . Hope you have a fab day !

Kay xx

Back