Kay's journey to health and happiness

Thanks Rae Rae :p, just popped back on your diary to read your reply. Glad your taking rest hun. When I go gym I see some girls really powering away and their probably burning 5 times as much as me, but I don't let it bother me because I know I have to take it easy because of my back and espesh since my Op last year. But I am happy when I'm there and in the zone, doing my own thing lol, I feel like I'm doing something good for my body, it's a good feeling :D. Do you do any classes ? I always shy away from them, I've always worked out on my own or I've had one to one PT sessions which I hope to do in the future when I can afford it again :p. But yeah my friend does zumba and she really wants me to come, but I don't know if I'll enjoy classes, do you do any ?

Kay xx

You should do zumba, its a fun way of working out without realising you're working out. I used to do it all the time then I swapped gyms and they don't offer as many classes and is nowhere near as good as my old gym. I still go from time to time tho, actually booked in next week. Used to do bokwa at my old gym too. Done metafit at my new gym, sooooo hard. You're doing well xx

SALAD CHALLENGE RESULTS SPREADSHEET UPDATE

I'm so happy to share that 2 more ladies have just completed the salad challenge with some more fab results tonight ! Well done Updown and Coughdrops, amazing ! :D

Kay xx

Hi Kay!
Another AMAZING week for you!! :D
Well done. Might have to give your challenges a go. The only issue for me would be a Saturday-might do it sun- Fri tho and have a 'normal' food day on the sat. Feeling inspired again.!!

well done too for going bk the gym too.
hope you're well xx

Hi Kay!
Another AMAZING week for you!! :D
Well done. Might have to give your challenges a go. The only issue for me would be a Saturday-might do it sun- Fri tho and have a 'normal' food day on the sat. Feeling inspired again.!!

well done too for going bk the gym too.
hope you're well xx

Aww thanks Kitty, it has been a good week and I'm very happy :). I hope you also have a super duper loss on Saturday hun ! :p

Kay xx

Going to hit the pillow now, feeling tired :nightf: . Night night everyone, catch up with you all tomorrow . :)

Kay xx

Thanks Rae Rae :p, just popped back on your diary to read your reply. Glad your taking rest hun. When I go gym I see some girls really powering away and their probably burning 5 times as much as me, but I don't let it bother me because I know I have to take it easy because of my back and espesh since my Op last year. But I am happy when I'm there and in the zone, doing my own thing lol, I feel like I'm doing something good for my body, it's a good feeling :D. Do you do any classes ? I always shy away from them, I've always worked out on my own or I've had one to one PT sessions which I hope to do in the future when I can afford it again :p. But yeah my friend does zumba and she really wants me to come, but I don't know if I'll enjoy classes, do you do any ?

Kay xx

Well Kay - now ur in the 11s u shd have more confidence in u and u'll be getting smaller and buying new sports gear - and who knows perhaps u'll be running ur own fitness class for ppl with bad backs one day - ur good at organising things and there's a big market out there and the training's not that onerous - I live in a pretty rural area but there's even a yoga class here for ppl with bad backs!

As for Zumba - I like it - it's good fun & quite fast moving - I can't get there v often - but why not try it when u feel ready (know u'd mention ur back to whoever runs the class just in case!)xx

Aww thanks Linda. I'm so happy for you too hun :). I haven't set up the thread for the soup challenge yet, its slightly different to the salad one. However if you want to enjoy a week of eating soups, that's fine too, but the dates for the next challenges are:-

Soup Challenge - Tuesday 15th April to Monday 21st April
Salad Challenge - Tuesday 22nd April to Monday 28th April

Hope you enjoy the rest of your week hun ! :)

Kay xx

Thx Kay - yes think I will do a soup challenge from 2moro - then join the others!

Everytime I make soup it tastes good the first cup straight from hob..but reheated and I throw it away...someone help with a foolproof recipe!!! I bought soup freezer/container bags but haven't yet been able to use them! :-(

Thx Kay - yes think I will do a soup challenge from 2moro - then join the others!

Upd I have sent you a message in your inbox :). There is no soup challenge hun, I keep trying to explain this to you because I haven't finished it and I am still typing it up. Feel free to have soup in the week but that is not what the challenge is about and it can't be subbed for the salad one they are 2 totally different challenges. If you still want to call it a soup challenge feel free to do so but I don't want others to get confused because I have not completed writing it yet. Hope this makes sense hun.

The Soup Challenge will start on the 15th April.

Kay xx

Upd I have sent you a message in your inbox :). There is no soup challenge hun, I keep trying to explain this to you because I haven't finished it and I am still typing it up. Feel free to have soup in the week but that is not what the challenge is about and it can't be subbed for the salad one they are 2 totally different challenges. If you still want to call it a soup challenge feel free to do so but I don't want others to get confused because I have not completed writing it yet. Hope this makes sense hun.

The Soup Challenge will start on the 15th April.

Kay xx

Thx Kay - I've just replied to ur private msg - but just to make it clear to others - I'm just doing my own thing next week and will join the next challenge on April 15!!

Wow, 500 cals burned, that's awesome!! :D Sounds like you've had a brilliant gym session and your food looks great too.

Its great you're enjoying the exercise so much, I'm off for a swim tomorrow and can't wait to hit the pool! :) xxx

Thx Kay - I've just replied to ur private msg - but just to make it clear to others - I'm just doing my own thing next week and will join the next challenge on April 15!!

Thanks Upd, I got your reply :p, its just everytime u say `soup challenge ' I jump, thinking I have to get it typed faster lol :D. There are a lot of differences between the 2 challenges, I won't bore you now but the salad one works on red days only but the soup one works on all plans but that's just one difference, there are many :). Anyway glad your going to continue with the success express and enjoying your soups. Hope you have a lovely week ahead hun .

Kay xx

Aaahhh cheese thief I used to swim twice a week!! Fell out the routine was so hard working 40 hours a week, running, swimming and feeding myself!!! Hopefully I can squeeze it back into my life again one day :) miss that hour at the pool on a Tuesday and Friday!!

Everytime I make soup it tastes good the first cup straight from hob..but reheated and I throw it away...someone help with a foolproof recipe!!! I bought soup freezer/container bags but haven't yet been able to use them! :-(

No worries hun :), I'll get back to you on this one :D.

Kay xx

Wow, 500 cals burned, that's awesome!! :D Sounds like you've had a brilliant gym session and your food looks great too.

Its great you're enjoying the exercise so much, I'm off for a swim tomorrow and can't wait to hit the pool! :) xxx

Ah thanks hun, swimming sounds great hope you have a fab day tomorrow. :) I loved my workout at the gym today espesh the tricep extension, I wanted to go for more weights but then thought I better not overdo it :D, its easy to get carried away, but its only the day after you realise when u feel that burn, it kills you ! :p

Kay xx

Thanks Upd, I got your reply :p, its just everytime u say `soup challenge ' I jump, thinking I have to get it typed faster lol :D. There are a lot of differences between the 2 challenges, I won't bore you now but the salad one works on red days only but the soup one works on all plans but that's just one difference, there are many :). Anyway glad your going to continue with the success express and enjoying your soups. Hope you have a lovely week ahead hun .

Kay xx

Sorry Kay - no pressure intended - hope I've cleared it up publicly now!!

Hi - I've seen Kay's post saying she'll set u up with some recipes - I'm no cook but I find if I make a big pan of soup - say 8-10 portions - I keep it in the fridge and hubby and I eat it over a few days for lunches/snacks and the flavour seems to improve over that time - with Kay's help I'm sure urs will be the same - I like the BBC Good Food website for recipe ideas esp soups - I don't always stick to the ingredients - I replace the things I don't have for the ingredients in the fridge/cupboards - good luck!!

Back