Kay's journey to health and happiness

Sorry hun, yep think we did cross post :). Yes she's happy and I feel well crappy I couldn't go with her :rolleyes: but will try and be a happy bunny this week, you can't keep the bunny down for too long :bunnydance::D hehe xx

Awww so sorry you're feelin rubbish but the up side is you're stuck with us instead :) xx

Hehe Kay, look what I've got!

View attachment 147620

Well you did say I could raid the choccie cupboard :D:D:D xx

Nooooooooooooooooooooo ! :D hehe. You can't eat the poor bunny :p. Any other chocolate will do. Otherwise this will happen ;) ...

41LiK5VWCPL.jpg

Hehe, love the bunny pic! My grandson had a chocolate bunny at Easter and he cried, because he didn't want to eat it. In the end, his Mum hopped it away one evening just before bed and tucked it into a cupboard. The next day she replaced it with a chocolate football and when he came home from pre-school she got him to open the cupboard. She'd even written a little note from the bunny to say thankyou for not eating him but he'd hopped away to be with his bunny friends and hoped he could eat up the choccy football instead. Of course, he obliged over the next few days lol. :p

Evening Kay - I hope your a happy bunny this evening? August will be a great month for you I can feel it! I need it to be a better month for me too lol x

Morning Kay, I hope that you are ok. I'm missing the challenge already. My O.H. went out and the bread monster reared its ugly head last night. The devil is always pictured with a toasting fork!! It was a battle and I lost. Now will have to try extra hard today limit the damage. Not a Happynanna at all today. So, so stupid. :cry:0% Greek yogurt and fruit for brekkie I think. That should help and digging out the patio will either kill or cure today ha ha. Talk to you later. Sue xx

Hehe, love the bunny pic! My grandson had a chocolate bunny at Easter and he cried, because he didn't want to eat it. In the end, his Mum hopped it away one evening just before bed and tucked it into a cupboard. The next day she replaced it with a chocolate football and when he came home from pre-school she got him to open the cupboard. She'd even written a little note from the bunny to say thankyou for not eating him but he'd hopped away to be with his bunny friends and hoped he could eat up the choccy football instead. Of course, he obliged over the next few days lol. :p

Aww that's a really sweet story Cloudy :p xx

Evening Kay - I hope your a happy bunny this evening? August will be a great month for you I can feel it! I need it to be a better month for me too lol x

Oh I sure do hope so Sheila , when's the new challenge going up ? :D xx

Morning Kay, I hope that you are ok. I'm missing the challenge already. My O.H. went out and the bread monster reared its ugly head last night. The devil is always pictured with a toasting fork!! It was a battle and I lost. Now will have to try extra hard today limit the damage. Not a Happynanna at all today. So, so stupid. :cry:0% Greek yogurt and fruit for brekkie I think. That should help and digging out the patio will either kill or cure today ha ha. Talk to you later. Sue xx

Hello HN :), I miss the challenge too, I think it gives us a daily focus, but hopefully time will fly and it will be Monday again :p. Don't worry bout the bread hun, you've been so good up until now, and bread is allowed on SW as long as you don't eat a whole loaf like me :D. I cant be trusted with it, so don't buy it much. Yummy yogurt and fruit, just my kind of breakfast ! :p Hope your doing well hun ;).

Kay xx

We were out on a big shopping trip today, baby stuff from a store that's closing down, lots of bargains and just fun looking. I had planned ahead and took a packed salad, just ham and hex a grated cheese but really enjoyed it. Had a skinny capuchino as my treat afterwards. So, even though I'm not doing the challenge that's two days I've had salad for lunch. ;) and loads of NAS orange squash too. I think your Salad Challenge principles have changed my eating habits. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Evening everyone :wavey:,

Hmm so today I had some time to reflect and wanted to see my journey so far on the Slimming World website. On there, there is a graph which tracks your progress month by month since you started your journey. From the graph I can see last year from October to February (the winter months) I struggled. I gained a lot of weight. I know its only summer right now, and some of you maybe thinking, she's thinking about winter already, but yes I am, I want to pre plan so I don't go off course in the winter and fail.

I think when the cold weather hits, I just cant be asked to stand over the stove or prepare meals for myself, yet I don't want convenience processed stuff either. My thoughts came down to, either I will buy a soup maker or a slow cooker for winter. After lots of consideration I have set my heart on getting a slow cooker because I can still make soups in it, as well as other stuff :). I think having the slow cooker and being able to have healthy meals in winter which will not take much prep time, will help keep me on track.

After reading loads and loads of reviews on Amazon and Argos, I have decided to go for the Morphy Richards slow cooker, its Red and its beautiful :D.

81NIozaKsoL._SL1500_[1].jpg

Also I've been reading a lot about how people have been preparing their meals for the slow cooker. I love this idea of getting 7 Zip lock bags for 7 days of the week, labelling them, then putting them in the freezer and taking one out each day to make your meal in the slow cooker :p. I just need to spend an hour to do up the 7 bags and then that's my whole weeks meals DONE ! :D Love this idea !

P1080121[1].jpg

I also posted on the Slimming World website, they have a feedback section and asked what cookbooks would I like to see ? and I said one for Slow Cooker SW Recipes, I think that would be a fab idea :p.

I know there is a very useful thread on mins for Slow Cooker recipes, I will look into it and there are some fab websites too with some really good SC recipes that you can tweak to SW.

On the slow cooker thread I posted a question today, no one has replied yet, so I will copy the question on my diary too. If anyone can reply to it, I would be very grateful ;).

Kay xx

Hi everyone :), great thread ! Just a quick question from me, I will be buying a slow cooker soon. I normally do green days and use quorn a lot in stews, casseroles, curries. Do you think it would be ok in the slow cooker, or do you think it might break apart ? Because I know it wont take as much time as meat to cook so was a bit confused :confused:. Has anyone else tried Quorn in the slow cooker ? Does the texture come out alright ? Also what quorn product did you use and how long did you cook it for ? Thank you all help is appreciated ;).

Kay xx

The slow cooker idea sounds fab, whack it all in and bobs your uncle, no standing In the cold kitchen cooking for an hour, fab idea xx

The slow cooker idea sounds fab, whack it all in and bobs your uncle, no standing In the cold kitchen cooking for an hour, fab idea xx

Thanks RR :). I like the graph because it shows you all the months you have dipped and dived and Oct-Feb are my weak months :sigh:, I really need to put a strategy in place before, or I know I will fail :rolleyes:. I get super lazy in the winter. The slow cooker will be my saviour :p.

Kay xx

Thanks RR :). I like the graph because it shows you all the months you have dipped and dived and Oct-Feb are my weak months :sigh:, I really need to put a strategy in place before, or I know I will fail :rolleyes:. I get super lazy in the winter. The slow cooker will be my saviour :p.

Kay xx

It's good to look back on and like you said, it'll prepare you for the winter months. You'll be able too cook loads of different yummy things. No idea about the Quorn tho. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer soon xx

We were out on a big shopping trip today, baby stuff from a store that's closing down, lots of bargains and just fun looking. I had planned ahead and took a packed salad, just ham and hex a grated cheese but really enjoyed it. Had a skinny capuchino as my treat afterwards. So, even though I'm not doing the challenge that's two days I've had salad for lunch. ;) and loads of NAS orange squash too. I think your Salad Challenge principles have changed my eating habits. :)

Aww that's great L :p. I know there is a few of us that are taking the principles forward this week. I've got my group weigh in on Thursday morning so got to stay good until then :D.

Kay xx

It's good to look back on and like you said, it'll prepare you for the winter months. You'll be able too cook loads of different yummy things. No idea about the Quorn tho. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer soon xx

I love doing green days in the winter, got to have your carbs then :D hehe xx

I love my slow cooker (it's a Tower make, which I've had for about 15yrs, bought to replace the one I'd had previously, which was a wedding present but hubby accidentally broke the ceramic bowl, so bought me a new one) and use it loads but mostly cook similar things. I know I should get more adventurous with it, rather than just the same casseroles, stews, chilli and rice pudding. I have made soup in it though and it's yummy, shall deffo use it when it's cooler for the Soup Challenge, that's right up my street.
Hope you get an answer to your Quorn question, sorry I've no idea about that.

Pure stodge :) xx

I've been checking out recipes today, its made me so hungry :D. Love my stodge in the winter, proper comfort food ;). How do you manage in the winter months RR, does it affect you ? xx

I love my slow cooker (it's a Tower make, which I've had for about 15yrs, bought to replace the one I'd had previously, which was a wedding present but hubby accidentally broke the ceramic bowl, so bought me a new one) and use it loads but mostly cook similar things. I know I should get more adventurous with it, rather than just the same casseroles, stews, chilli and rice pudding. I have made soup in it though and it's yummy, shall deffo use it when it's cooler for the Soup Challenge, that's right up my street.
Hope you get an answer to your Quorn question, sorry I've no idea about that.

I will be revamping The Soup Challenge thread for the winter :D. I'm really excited about getting mine now, have been looking at recipes all day :p hehe xx

Back