Kay's journey to health and happiness

I love my slow cooker, I've put quorn sausages in & quorn mince both ok, but not sure if I've put quorn pieces in. X

I love my slow cooker, I've put quorn sausages in & quorn mince both ok, but not sure if I've put quorn pieces in. X

Thanks Michelle :), how long do you cook the quorn for ? xx

I've been checking out recipes today, its made me so hungry :D. Love my stodge in the winter, proper comfort food ;). How do you manage in the winter months RR, does it affect you ? xx

Can't even remember what I did last year but was pretty new to sw, started last Oct so was still finding my feet really but don't think it bothered me to be honest but everybody's different plus I was new so you do everything by the book at first don't you, lol xx

According to the Quorn website it seems you can use it in the slow cooker, though some people recommend using it from frozen it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks L, that's good to know, I think I will be using it from frozen too ;) xx

I chuck it in with at the same time as the other stuff, I'll use the slow cooker on a work day so say it's in for about 9hrs xx

Wow that's long Michelle, I thought it would take less time then meat. I was going to put it on high for 4 hours since I will be home. Do you think that would be ok ? xx

Can't even remember what I did last year but was pretty new to sw, started last Oct so was still finding my feet really but don't think it bothered me to be honest but everybody's different plus I was new so you do everything by the book at first don't you, lol xx

Yep that's true, but you've made a good point there. I think when were new to the plan we have that fresh enthusiasm, its when your past halfway, boredom can settle in and I think the key is to keep trying new things out to keep yourself motivated, especially if yours is a long journey and you have a couple of stone to lose, like myself. That's why I want to get the slow cooker, just something different and I sound like a kid with a new toy, so excited already :bunnydance::p hehe xx

Wow that's long Michelle, I thought it would take less time then meat. I was going to put it on high for 4 hours since I will be home. Do you think that would be ok ? xx

I know I didn't realise it was so long until I worked it out! I do put it on low though, I'm sure 4 hrs will work, it's just a case of trying thing out xx

I know I didn't realise it was so long until I worked it out! I do put it on low though, I'm sure 4 hrs will work, it's just a case of trying thing out xx

Yep I think I will have to muck around with it like you say Michelle and see what works. Because quorn is made from a type of fungus I wanted to make sure that cooking it in the slow cooker was safe and it wouldn't alter it chemically. Maybe I worry too much lol xx

Yep I think I will have to muck around with it like you say Michelle and see what works. Because quorn is made from a type of fungus I wanted to make sure that cooking it in the slow cooker was safe and it wouldn't alter it chemically. Maybe I worry too much lol xx

Perhaps 'over think'!!!!! Xx

Yep that's true, but you've made a good point there. I think when were new to the plan we have that fresh enthusiasm, its when your past halfway, boredom can settle in and I think the key is to keep trying new things out to keep yourself motivated, especially if yours is a long journey and you have a couple of stone to lose, like myself. That's why I want to get the slow cooker, just something different and I sound like a kid with a new toy, so excited already :bunnydance::p hehe xx

I was the same when I got my halogen oven, it's amazeballs xx

Going to hit the pillow me thinks. Will catch up on diaries properly tomorrow morning. Night night ladies, sleep well :).

Kay xx

tofu-relaxed-bunny1.jpgZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ! xx

Why don't you email via the Quorn website and ask for advice. I didn't look through all the recipes but maybe they can give some tips as to how long?

Night Kay, sleep tight and dream of slow cooked meals ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Goodnight Kay.... Sounds like you've had a busy day with all the recipe searching! Lol.... You won't be disappointed with a slow cooker, they are fab... I don't use mine as often as I should though xx

Back