Kay's journey to health and happiness

Oh Kay how awful, as everyone says concentrate on getting better first. Eat lots of greens and take your tablets. Hope you feel yourself soon

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Oh Kay how awful :( your sister sounds like a jem! thank god she was there to help you. Rest up and get better, anaemia is easy to treat with lots of greens and tablets so don't worry :) Hope you feel better soon :) xxxx

Afternoon Kay - Make sure you do as your told and rest hun. Your health comes first and foremost. I think you have been overdoing things hun, youve done quite a bit of walking, sat up and had late nights updating threads, your back still isnt healed, and you were stressing about the job, and I think its all come to a head.

You need some KAY time, plenty R & R and fluids with some lovely food and get those iron levels back up to where they should be.

We will all be here for you as and when your ready and able to continue. Dont worry about updating the threads hun, everyone is big enough to understand you have personal stuff going on.

Hope your feeling better soon lovely xx

If you get to read this I just endorse what others have said and please don't say you're letting anyone down as you certainly aren't!! Eat lots of broccoli and spinach and some of those pumpkin seeds! Take care lovely xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Afternoon everyone :(:(,

If my sister see's me typing on mins she'll kill me I'm supposed to be resting :mad:. I'm at home. I just wanted to leave this post then I'm going to sleep. Last night after coming off mins, my health went downhill rapidly and I started to feel really faint and weak. I didn't want to bother mum and dad, but I called my sister to come over after work to check on me. When she came she was really worried and said I looked rather pale. She decided to stay over at mine just incase. Good job she did because at 3am I got up to go to the bathroom, by the time I walked there I felt like I'm gonna black out, I called her name, next thing I remember waking up in her arms, I had passed out :cry::cry:. I then gained consciousness and felt sick and ended up throwing up :(. She was really worried for me bless her and asked me if I want to call a night time doctor or go to A&E, I said no I'll wait till the surgery opens in the morning and go see my regular GP first thing. Anyway morning came and I went to see the doc, he told me I had low blood pressure and that I'm anaemic which is why I passed out :mad:, he's given me a high dose of iron tablets and something for the sickness, he said I should be feeling better in a few days. He also told me to go to the hospital for a blood test where they told me my iron levels are that of a child and not an adult :(:(. I think the iron tablets from my GP will help my iron count get back to normal.

Obviously I was supposed to go into work this morning, I phoned my Uncle before going to the doctors.. I told him that I had been sick last night and would need a few days rest and I don't expect him to hold the vacancy for me and thanked him for considering me for the position and apologised too :(. I was prepared for him to say something like,` I hope you get better soon and I wish you the best for the future, but instead he said don't worry, work on getting better first and we can start the trial on Monday or sometime next week, :cry::cry:...I couldn't believe it :eek:, of course I thanked him a lot for being so understanding, put the phone down and then burst into tears :mad:. I can't believe I'm being given a 2nd chance.

I'm still going to be taking a few days off mins to rest and get better. I don't think I will be able to continue on the soup challenge this week because of my health :(. I will try my best to comeback on Saturday to update all the threads. I feel awful for letting you all down :(, I feel crap for letting myself down, my uncle down, my sister who has to keep coming to my rescue :mad:, I'm such a failure, can't even manage to get into work :cry::cry:.

Sorry peeps rant over. I going to get some sleep now. I will try and come back as soon as I'm feeling better.

Love you all.
Kay xx

:grouphugg:

Not sure when you'll see this - but wanted to let you know my feelings. Oh Kay - I was sorry to read that - please don't feel you've let anyone down - you're ill and that's that - not your fault - as others have said YOU MUST put your health first and focus on you and getting better - I'm glad your sister is there for you. Pleased too the your uncle understood the situation.

I think it was Texty that said we're all old enough to sort ourselves out (well some of us may be a bit daft but your hard work on the challenge instructions are easy for even me to understand!!)

I hope you'll be feeling better v soon - take care Kay xx

Again, if you happen to read this Kay. I'm going to keep a running file of the losses and gains on the quarterly challenge thread for you, so that you don't have to do loads and loads of scrolling and reading when you are up to being on your computer again. Hope that will help you out. I'll do it from the first one after you last updated the spreadsheet.
Take care hun, we're all worried about you xx

As someone who is also anaemic, I know how scary it can be when your levels aren't right. Hope you're feeling better soon Kay. Just a warning, the tablets may make you feel nauseous, but I find it's best to take them while eating some citrus fruit (hence why I have clementines every day) as the vitamin c helps the iron absorb better and the fruit stops them from being quite so rough on your stomach.

As someone who is also anaemic, I know how scary it can be when your levels aren't right. Hope you're feeling better soon Kay. Just a warning, the tablets may make you feel nauseous, but I find it's best to take them while eating some citrus fruit (hence why I have clementines every day) as the vitamin c helps the iron absorb better and the fruit stops them from being quite so rough on your stomach.

I've just been prescribed iron tablets & my sister said the same to me last night, she also said avoid taking them with hot drinks.

Thinking of u Kay xx

Awww Kay my lovely, so sorry you've not been well! :( You must be getting so sick of it!

I can only echo what the other lovely ladies in this thread have said - you're not a failure. How can you be when you haven't given up? As soon as you're better you'll be back on it like a champ, we all know this. Please be kind to yourself, you wouldn't say anyone else was a failure in the same situation, sometimes we are our own harshest critic!

Sorry for being so MIA lately, life is mental since starting uni - mainly in a good way but I miss Minis!

Look after yourself and take care my lovely xxx

Kay - hope ur feeling brighter - take care xx

Good Morning everyone :),

Thank you so much for all the get well wishes, it really means a lot to me ;). Thankfully I am feeling much better now, my energy is coming back slowly, and the meds from the doc have helped too. I'm still not back to my 100% self yet, but am going to take timeout this weekend to fully relax, then I will be starting my new job on Monday :), I'm actually really looking forward to it now and less nervous. I think having these few days off to myself has really helped.

This is just a quick flying visit again to say thank you to everyone. I hope to be back on mins in a few days, when I will be able to catch up with everyone properly. I came on today quickly, just to update the threads :).

A big shout out to both the Lindas ! :thankyou: Thank you both for volunteering to keep the challenges going whilst I've been off sick. That is so generous of you both and I really appreciate that ;). You guys are simply amazing !!! :hug99:

Okay off now to do some updating. I hope you are all well and having a lovely weekend. Hope to speak with everyone real soon.

Hugs Kay xx
:grouphugg:

Back