Kayte's Weight Loss Diary - Start Date 21.1.13

Brilliantly well done for staying on track today, keep planning and reading the books.

Ive lost 5lb this week, feel a bit of relief after struggling for so long not knowing what im supposed to be doing. x

Thanks hun, yeah you can have beans but they are a HEX and you have to weigh them too x

Week 18 - Thur 23rd May - Green

I hopped on scales this morning, don't usually do this mid week - shows I have lost the 2lb I had put on 2 weeks ago, so that will hopefully keep me focused. Just 2lb off my first stone!

Breakfast
Banana/strawbs/ff nat yog
Lunch
3 ryvita/2 L cow/ss tom soup/pineapple/strawbs/ff yog - that was a big lunch for me :eating:
Supper
Baked pot/beans/salad
Hex A - s milk/3 L cow
Hex B - 3 ryvita/ 1 alpen light
Snacks - orange/grapes/2 apple/muller light
Syns - 2 p/w 5 - freddo 5 - choc philly 5 = 15

Last edited:
Its so hard to keep at it, i just find the lure of sweet stuff too much and i cant just have one cake or one bar of chocolate i want to eat the lot so i know how your feeling. That is why i have cut back on the sweet stuff the less i have the less i want to eat. The Dukan is working out for me the extra protein is curbing the sugar cravings and im not wanting to have them.

I would advise you to try and keep away from the sugary stuff and see if it helps with your control/craving have some baked beans or a piece of chicken handy when you feel you want the sweet stuff. Another thing i heard last week was to put an elastic band around your wrist and when you think you want sweet stuff snap the elastic against your wrist, its supposed to distract you to think about something else.

Chin up kid we all have times when we feel we cant do this be strong keep planning and get the lazzy bands out!!! Ouch!x

Its so hard to keep at it, i just find the lure of sweet stuff too much and i cant just have one cake or one bar of chocolate i want to eat the lot so i know how your feeling. That is why i have cut back on the sweet stuff the less i have the less i want to eat. The Dukan is working out for me the extra protein is curbing the sugar cravings and im not wanting to have them.

I would advise you to try and keep away from the sugary stuff and see if it helps with your control/craving have some baked beans or a piece of chicken handy when you feel you want the sweet stuff. Another thing i heard last week was to put an elastic band around your wrist and when you think you want sweet stuff snap the elastic against your wrist, its supposed to distract you to think about something else.

Chin up kid we all have times when we feel we cant do this be strong keep planning and get the lazzy bands out!!! Ouch!x

Thanks Collette x
I know you are so right on this - I came across the work of Kathleen Des Maison several years ago, and tried following her plan for many months. She is one of the founders of research into 'sugar addiction' - and her work makes really interesting reading. She wrote 'Potatoes Not Prozac - and the eating plan is to eventually, following 6 steps - eliminate sugar completely. Protein takes its place, and when reaching step 4/5, she believes the cravings disappear. So, the Dukan may have a similar effect. I am glad you are getting on well with it hun.
Aversion therapy I am familiar with, but the elastic bands sound a bit like a punishment!!! I believe it works for some though.
Today has gone ok, I think I need to use more of my syns in my food, instead of saving them to have sweet 'treats' in evening. Think I will try to reduce gradually.
Thanks so much for your support, are you still doing a diary? Have a great weekend, enjoy the sunshine!! xx

YAY!!! Made up for you hun 2lbs off!! I know how hard its been lately, but thats brilliant!!

My Diary is on the Dukan section or you can click on the link on my signature.

To be honest, Im not really into pain and punishment either but it was funny watching one of the therapists in the office snapping away randomly shouting ouch! it worked for her though she kept away from the biscuits lol

I think using your syns as part of meals is a great idea, it will make meals more interesting too. Keep up the good work, onwards and downwards lol xx

YAY!!! Made up for you hun 2lbs off!! I know how hard its been lately, but thats brilliant!!

My Diary is on the Dukan section or you can click on the link on my signature.

To be honest, Im not really into pain and punishment either but it was funny watching one of the therapists in the office snapping away randomly shouting ouch! it worked for her though she kept away from the biscuits lol

I think using your syns as part of meals is a great idea, it will make meals more interesting too. Keep up the good work, onwards and downwards lol xx

Thanks hun, I was thinking about the elastic band today, when I was craving a choc biscuit - 'thinking about it' didn't work lol - I had the bicky anyway!
Will have a peek at your diary, when is your weigh day? Hope you have a loss Col :)

Back