KDs Earlier Maintenance Diary

Hmmm possibly, or maybe just a psycho loony!!

Yeah.. I'll go for the loony :D

Right! Exciting news!! Best ever!!

I have my first advent calendar!!

I've always wanted one, but have never had one before. Can't wait until the 1st December now :D DH bought it for me as a surprise :D

I'm so excited. Keep doing the happy dance.

I know....saaadddd :D

Last edited:
Not sad at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy, I want an update as to what is behind every door!

Not sad at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy, I want an update as to what is behind every door!

Will do :) It's a malteser one, so I reckon if it's anything like the kids advent calenders, there will be a small bit of choc eat day and a treat size bag of maltesers at the end?

Oh the suspence is a killer ;)
Oh dear - poor Barbie. Ken's obviously been playing away from home with Sindy!
And that was something else I always wanted. A Sindy! Never wanted a Barbie and anyway Sindy was more popular in my day. My Mum did buy me a Tressy ....

I loved my Tressy. Still remember the advert. Her hair groooowwws

She had a plastic key that went in her back and as you wound it, a circle of hair would grow out of the top of her head. The rest of her hair stayed short which meant you couldn't do any fancy hairdos. Loved her (would have preferred Sindy though).

I also wanted a troll. Never got one of those either ;) I used to covet my friends ones. They had every shape and size. Ones on pencils, big ones, little ones, girls and boy ones.

I remember a girl in my class having loads. I don't remember being jealous, but I do remember thinking how very rich her family must be :D

images

I loved my Tressy. Still remember the advert. Her hair groooowwws

She had a plastic key that went in her back and as you wound it, a circle of hair would grow out of the top of her head. The rest of her hair stayed short which meant you couldn't do any fancy hairdos. Loved her (would have preferred Sindy though).

I loved my Tressy doll, and when I was small an Auntie gave me the most beautiful hair styling kit for dolls. It came with all sorts of goodies, a little towel, brush & comb & pink plastic curlers, teeny weeny things they were, so I washed Tressy's hair, put in the teeny weeny curlers and put her in front of the fire for her hair to dry. Went back an hour or so later to find all the teeny weeny pink curlers had melted into one big pink glob, welded firmly into Tressy's hair and had to be cut out. Tressy never looked the same again. :(

Awww MD :( Bet you had a good cry :(

I had a life size china doll. Well a very cracked faced china doll. I loved it, but it was only allowed out on special occasions. It had lots of sticking out scraggy hair.

My mum thought it would be good to put a dolls wig on it for a Christmas pressie. Goodness knows where she got it from:confused:

It was auburn and very curly. I hated it, she washed and bleached it until is was all scraggy and sticking out again :):cool:

I think I had completely lost the plot yesterday.

Went to school and was reminded by some 'lovely' 16 year olds boys and girls, that I promised to run around the school field with them. It was an arrangement....they behaved for Mr Science Teacher and I would make a fool of myself on the school playing fields.:eek: (Actually...a bit more complicated than that..but that will do for now:eek:)

I sooo didn't feel like it. Still had a temperature and coughing up the green stuff, but they kept on and on.

They had to carry me the last bit:eek: Thank goodness they didn't have to give me the kiss of life though. One boy offered, but bless him, he has terrible acne. Such an incentive for me to stay alive.

I must say, giving up smoking is making these chest infections much more bearable, though it's a bit tougher in the morning. I used to rely on my morning fag to start up a good coughing session to clear the airways. Yuck...but helpful at the time.

Other than that...yesterday was a good day. It was pizza day you see, and I'm very partial to the Ristorante pizzas, so it's almost the highlight of my day.

Wore my new NYDJ (jeans) to school. It was Mufti day, so I guessed I could get away with it. They are really comfortable. My only gripe is that they have a big red label at the back announcing Tummy Tuck Jeans just in case someone takes my jeans off and needs to know. I kept imagining being run down by a bus and the nurses taking off my jeans, seeing the label, looking at my stomach and saying "obviously" to each other :eek:

Still. I'm really pleased with them. Not exactly cheap as I ordered them from the states and as I expected, was landed with a load of tax to pay. Reckon they'll last me a while though.

What a week it's been. Hardly had time to do a poo:eek:

Today was no exception, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (for the moment anyway).

Having problems with techy things at the moment with everything exploding around me. First it was my USB ports :( Then it was my recorder thingy in my music room. Damn, damn. I need it to convert my midis and put them on CD for the Christmas Carol concert, so at the moment, I'm having to send them up to a mate in Brum to do for me. He's such a fab composer with a bit of luck he might do a little tweak of my compositions whilst he's at it.

Meanwhile, I order a Edirol R-09 which is a little portable recorder. Much nicer than my cumbersome Philips CDR. I pay £10 extra to have it delivered within 24 hours. I ask eldest not to go out and listen for the doorbell as I will be at school.

He saw the van draw up, waited for the doorbell which didn't ring, went back to the window and saw the driver drive away leaving a card telling us we were out and to pick it up from the post office tomorrow. Wasn't I annoyed:mad:

Had a boy wet himself at school today. Bless him. We spent the afternoon practising the songs we are doing. 200 kids and me. The kids are squirrely...they haven't been able to go out because of the rain...and what with the wind, it sends them crazy. Our yr 4's have a lot of behavioural probs this year, so I was dreading having them for the afternoon with no break.

Still, promised them we would play Freeze if I could have full focus for a couple of hours ;) They were brill. Sang beautifully...no silly singing, so I reward them with Freeze.

Freeze is a great song. They are allowed to dance on the spot and they have to 'freeze' at appropriate moments.

Da da da da da freeze
da da da da da freeze
da da da freeze
da da da freeze

etc for about 10 minutes. Great backing track too, even if I do say so myself :D

So there they are da daing and freezing, when SED kiddo comes and asks to go to the toilet cos he's desperate. I say yes. I watch him going from one end of the hall to the door on the other side doing all the freezes:eek:

Suddenly he stops. I rush to him to tell him to hurry to the loo. Too late. Mid grey trousers are dark grey in places. He starts to cry. I asked him why he didn't just walk to the toilet. "Because you said we had to 'freeze' on the word freeze" he told me. Ho hum.

Poor little lad.

Anyway, we have some fab songs and it's sounding great. Not as great as last year, but then Yr 4 were normal last year. Yr 5 are looking on yr 4 with disdain this time around :D

After freeze, they sang me the song they are doing with sign language. Thank you so much AKB for your help on this. It's beautiful and the kids are loving it.

Foodwise, brilliant all week. Crap tonight :(

Had the most dreadful pain in my chest about 1 hour ago. Felt like either the return of the gallstone problem, or a heart attack.

Hoped to goodness it wasn't a heart attack as I have so much to do still.

But if I don't come back to see you, you'll know where I am ;)

Well the pain did eventually go, and it was brought to my attention earlier on in the day that I am still indeed alive.

Mixed feelings about this. It would have been kinda cool. Not having to load the dishwasher or face Year 4 again, but looking at it from another perspective, it really is such a bad time of year for me to die; what with the workload and all.

So, I guess it wasn’t a heart attack after all, and we can blame the gallstones. Last time this happened, I had the honour of a blue light job in the nice little van courtesy of the local hospital, but one shouldn’t take advantage, so I just did the yell and hope method that I employ at school.

Okay…I didn’t yell…nor do I ever shout at school, but that’s the closest I can get with how I was feeling.

Slept badly. Kept having visions from people long gone. They were coming so close and invading my ‘space’. It really kept me awake most of the night.

Today is another day though. Somethings gone right today
clap3.gif
then I went and scraped the side of my car...really badly too. First time I've even bumped anything. Blasted wall at the car park. Bother. Oh well...the day must continue.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.

Love the troll :D I want one :eek:

It's been a good week. Okay, some things have gone wrong, but nobody has completely stress free weeks. I've loved my week at school.

Keeping busy is good for me. Means I don't have time to wallow in self pity and feelings of insecurity and paranoia. It's stopping the crazy workload that frightens me the most.

Thinking of joining WW, but not sure whether I have to be overweight to join:confused: Maybe if I put some on over Christmas I might get to qualify. Miss the support I think.

Anyway....back to work. Thanks for replying Issy and cheers for the lubberly Santa Troll:cool:

Oh I know that feeling, KD - if I wasn't busy, I'd have me head in the oven (even though it's electric!).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh I know that feeling, KD - if I wasn't busy, I'd have me head in the oven (even though it's electric!).

LMAO at you two!!!! Sending loads of hugs and smiles your way....:)

KD.....I LOVE YOUR THREAD:D :D :D

Ack....wouldn't recommend it. Last time I tried that way, I stuck head in oven, looked around and realised that I couldn't possibly 'go' until I'd given it a darn good clean!:eek::D

Ahh, but you need such a long concentration span to do that, and I just don't have one:eek: 1. Place protective cloth on floor of oven
2. Place head with least flattering profile on protective cloth
3. Wait
4. Wait
5. Think of things that need doing
6. Answer the phone
7. Place head on cloth
8. Reply to emails
9. Place head on cloth
10. Answer door
11. Place head on cloth
12. Remember I haven't put the dinner on.
13. Cook dinner for family, wait for oven to cool.

etc

Would be much quicker if you could shut the oven door to get the full impact of the fumes (assuming you use poison gas).

It would be much better to cut off head and place in oven. Then you could close the oven door. That should work

You can get these collars that some hairdressers use to catch hair as it falls.

It attaches around the neck and has a sort of 'moat' all the way around the body.

You may have to build up the edge of the 'moat' depending on how big your head is. I recommend another 5-6 inches, in a sturdy corregated cardboard.

If you wish to use it again, I would suggest lining the 'moat' with a black bin liner to collect any blood. It's a pain to wash after, but will stop any leakage on the floor.

Another tip would be to get a piece of A3 paper and to draw some ------- along the edge. Cut the strip leaving the ----- in the centre.

Tape the strip to the collar of the head catcher with a good quality tape.

Use the ---- as a guide for cutting.

I have tons of hints and tips in my head if anyone needs :)

Ah - good idea - how about getting one of those doggy collar thingys that you put on the poor mutt to stop em scratching their stitches!

They always look so embarrassed with them on - it quite tickles me.

Erm - it's not a great fashion look though, is it?

If I'm going to go, I'd rather look sexy and alluring for the investigative officers LMTO!

Back