KD's tips to remember 'stuff'...mnemonics et all

I
I wonder if in the 70's and 80's things went to pot when teaching me english, did they have ofsted back then????

Nah. They probably had inspectors though. I remember the inspectors during the 60's. Think things started falling to bits when they decided that primary school children should learn a little on every subject rather than concentrating on the 3 r's :(

I do have a rather good poem in my head about ofsted though. Don't know who wrote it and it's a bit risqué :eek:

Not sure whether to type it out here. Ummm.

Oh...going to. I'll delete it if there's any complaints.

There's only one F'in Ofsted,
But that's quite enough for us.
If there's no F'in lesson plan,
There's one hell of an F'in fuss.

There's an F'in form to fill in,
For everything that's said.
There'll be no F'in future,
If that fails to please the Head.

Sounds like one F'in photocopier
Has died from overheat.
There's no F'in chance at all
To keep the worksheets neat.

There's no F'in inspector
When your lesson is first rate,
And there's no F'in good excuse
To explain why you were late.

There should be an F'in handbook
For everything to do.
Tell the R.I. you left it
For light reading in the loo.

There's no F'in parking space,
For half the F'in staff,
"RESERVED" for F'in Ofsted
Who have the last F'in larf.

There's no F'in spiritual,
Or cultural education.
No F'in equality,
But much in differentiation.

There's only one F'in Ofsted,
With its "Education Speak".
Thank God there's an F'in Friday
To end the F'in week.

Great poem, will keep that and produce it at our next Ofsted, thankfully not this year!

All in my head Aurora. Songs and tips...oh and a fair amount of poetry. Kids tell their friends not to speak to me or I'll only pick up on one of their words and sing a song about it:D

Unfortunately, I have little else in my brain. Ask me where I live and my telephone number and I'm stuck. I have to give someone elses so as not to look stupid :D

Gee...thanks A.

To be honest, I'm not offended what sex they happen to be:p

Pneumonia

People Never Expect Us to go down with PNEUmonia

Order of the planets (old style)

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto.

My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas.

Unfortunately, since last August, Pluto was downgraded as a planet:cry:We now have

My Very Educated Mother Just Sent Us Nuts

All in my head Aurora. Songs and tips...oh and a fair amount of poetry. Kids tell their friends not to speak to me or I'll only pick up on one of their words and sing a song about it:D

Unfortunately, I have little else in my brain. Ask me where I live and my telephone number and I'm stuck. I have to give someone elses so as not to look stupid :D

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

You are one on your own KD, which Im so glad about, Im loving these tips so much, why was pluto downgraded as a planet???

Isnt Aurora doing well with the spaces, clever usage and all that!!

Just sent my mum the Ofsted poem, shes printed it out to take to work!!

Gosh KD, you just jogged a memory from infants school that I had forgotten. In 2nd year infants (so 6yrs approx) our teacher organised our tables; top table for the brightest, middle for the averages and the cabbage table for the 'silly ones'!

Imagine doing that these days.

Hi CanIreallydothis,

Delighted you are impressed with my improvement with my new supply of spaces.

Pluto, is a victim of the 'size matters' syndrome. Some clever clogs decided that it was too small to merit the grand title of planet and downgraded it to a number.

It has completely destroyed one of KD's mnemonics so I think we should mount an appeal based on the laws of 'custom and practice'.

What do you think?

Pluto, is a victim of the 'size matters' syndrome. Some clever clogs decided that it was too small to merit the grand title of planet and downgraded it to a number.

And it's the way it orbits or something. Anyway Eris is bigger than Pluto. I think Pluto is the width of here to Russia or something. Kind of small...bless it.:hug99:

It's now a dwarf planet, but I prefer to call it a vertically and horizontally challenged planet. Surely political correctness extends beyond planet Earth;)

Barb said:
top table for the brightest, middle for the averages and the cabbage table for the 'silly ones'!

Cabbage:eek: Mind you, we did have a dunce cap in our primary school. I loved that cap! Spent many and hour facing the wall wearing that
thank_you2.gif
Thought it was part of the school uniform after a while.

Hi CanIreallydothis,

It has completely destroyed one of KD's mnemonics so I think we should mount an appeal based on the laws of 'custom and practice'.

What do you think?

Just before we appeal; please can you tell me what mnemonics mean, maybe people will think Im thick but I cant even say it never mind comprehend it!

Appealing is good, we need a title for our appeal, "KD's mnemonics petition" maybe??

Or erm, ah, oh, Pluto's people brigade!!!

please can you tell me what mnemonics mean, maybe people will think Im thick but I cant even say it never mind comprehend it!

Not thick at all Vicky. Far from it.

A mnemonic is just a memory aid. When you pronounce it, ignore the first letter.

Sort of neh-mon-nick:)

Thank you!!! I feel intelligent now!!!

You ARE intelligent. Just human, same as the rest of us! :D

What? Vicky?:confused: Wouldn't go that far :D

Six Wives of Henry VIII

Catherine of Aragon
Anne Boleyn
Jane Seymour
Anne of Cleves
Catherine Howard
Catherine Parr

Christian names = Kate 'n' Jane 'n' Anne 'n' Kate again 'n' again