KD's tips to remember 'stuff'...mnemonics et all

Nah, its more fun when she insults me!!!!!

Ive been MIA in Manchester for 3 days, missed you all!!!

To quickly multiply a two digit number by 11 or .11, 1.1 etc

Put a gap between the two digits. Add them up and place your answer in the gap e.g.

27*11

2 ? 7
2+7 = 9

Answer is therefore 297:cool:

If the sum of the numbers = more than 9, you need to place the 'ones' digit in the gap, but the 'tens' must 'carry' eg

39 * 11

3 9

3+9 = 12

So that is 329 carrying the '1' = 429

39 *11 = 429

Easy eh:cool:

I saw no requests for permission:confused:

Hope you had a good time:D
Sorry Miss Dieting, I had a strange time, must enlighten later, still need courage to start my diary again!!!!

Right, got a maths one coming up:cool:

To quickly multiply a two digit number by 11 or .11, 1.1 etc

Put a gap between the two digits. Add them up and place your answer in the gap e.g.

27*11

2 ? 7
2+7 = 9

Answer is therefore 297:cool:

If the sum of the numbers = more than 9, you need to place the 'ones' digit in the gap, but the 'tens' must 'carry' eg

39 * 11

3 9

3+9 = 12

So that is 329 carrying the '1' = 429

39 *11 = 429

Easy eh:cool:

Easy Peasy:beam:

Hmm, I need to write this one down!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Crikey. Your message has gone all fat.

I must deal with it!
th_hunter.gif
This thread must be kept tidy at all times :D

No extra wide messages allowed :D

Phew....have sorted it. What a relief
prankster.gif

Last edited:
How did that happen??

You were minus a \ in the quote code. Easily fixed. Wish weight gain was :D

When you find out, can you tell the rest of us so we can all post
w i d e messages?

We have to thinks of ways of keeping KD amused and occupied. :D

Excuse me! KD happens to be entering the silly season at work and does not need anyone to keep her amused:p

You wouldn't believe it. I've had to sack my 3 kings:eek: I am not amused:break_diet:

Excuse me! KD happens to be entering the silly season at work and does not need anyone to keep her amused:p

You wouldn't believe it. I've had to sack my 3 kings:eek: I am not amused:break_diet:

I hope you gave them 3 warnings, verbal written and final written, and checked with the union too:D

Piddle, Ive just put my chick pea soup all over the keyboard now.

slopes off to get a cloth:sign0007:

I hope you gave them 3 warnings, verbal written and final written, and checked with the union too:D

Okay the word 'sack' was a bit strong. They were made redundant :( Along with Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus :( I'm mortified. Fancy having to make baby Jesus redundant at Christmas
th_sad.gif

More about this on my updated diary that I keep forgetting to update.

They were made redundant :( Along with Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus :( I'm mortified. Fancy having to make baby Jesus redundant at Christmas
th_sad.gif

Don't you have understudies? Is the nativity play off now?

What now? ;)

Don't you have understudies? Is the nativity play off now?

What now? ;)

It's not a nativity play. That's for the infant school. It's a huge Christmas concert extraordinaire. Very extraordinary since I'm in charge
blush2.gif

Have written more about the problem in my diary. I guess you can see that now?

It's not a nativity play. That's for the infant school. It's a huge Christmas concert extraordinaire. Very extraordinary since I'm in charge
blush2.gif

A thousand apologies o great one for suggesting your master production was anything so humble as a nativity play. :D I can't think what gave me that idea!!!! :rolleyes:

Have written more about the problem in my diary. I guess you can see that now?

Am I old enough to read your diary? Scared of what might be in it! :eek:

Hey CIRDT. is it OK to read or should it come with a warning for the faint hearted and those of a nervous disposition? ;)

Hey CIRDT. is it OK to read or should it come with a warning for the faint hearted and those of a nervous disposition? ;)

Well, as I have the constitution of an Ox, then I cope very well and love reading about things in KD land; however; the last post I read contained Tunnocks.

I had to lie down and fan myself with the local free paper till I felt well enough to resume normal activity.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

A thousand apologies o great one for suggesting your master production was anything so humble as a nativity play. :D I can't think what gave me that idea!!!! :rolleyes:

I should think so too. You wouldn't believe how much it has cost me in bribes to get out of that job :D

I have a few, but I'm tired of them by page 2. Nah....you don't want to read.

Aurora said:
Hey CIRDT.

OMG. I have such a bone to pick with you over that.:mad: Will tell you about it if I have a mo later

however; the last post I read contained Tunnocks.

I had to lie down and fan myself with the local free paper till I felt well enough to resume normal activity.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:D I do love my Tunnocks. Not always the best choice for me though. One is rarely enough:confused:

Probably not you CIRDT.

I think I am the one about to be roasted. :eek:

Will you come and rescue me from 'she who must be obeyed'? I am really scared. :wave_cry:

What on earth is a Tunnock?

Probably not you CIRDT.

Will you come and rescue me from 'she who must be obeyed'? I am really scared. :wave_cry:

What on earth is a Tunnock?
:missing: Anyone seen Aurora??? Last seen with KD:D:help2:

A Tunnock, is a marshmallow teacakey thing covered with chocolate, and if you are really lucky has Jam in the middle.

Goodness, dont you have them over the water!!!!

I actually think they are vile:D

Probably not you CIRDT.

You're right :D Spent ages trying to work out what a CIRDT was. (Master of mnemonics and all that:rolleyes:) Even asked my students. Looked it up in a dictionary. Scoured the web. Told kiddos that the first person to phone me with the answer would get a smile from me.

So, one phones. Tell me she thinks it means Can I Really Do It.

D'oh.

A Tunnock, is a marshmallow teacakey thing covered with chocolate, and if you are really lucky has Jam in the middle.

Not that sort of tunnocks. The chewy, caramel, wafery biscuits thing. Tres yum.

Back