Keeping on track as a target member!

Yes it does thank you. I always do my utmost to attend but can be away from home on weigh day. If I am with my Grandchildren I travel 1/2hr to get weighed.

I hope I did not come across as selfish or not liking my consultant. She is lovely and the best I have been to.

Again thank you. I was worried about not getting to my usual class every week.

It's ok, I didn't think that x

Really tired, had a busy day yesterday.
Had strawberries, raspberries muller light and half a grapefruit with a cup of tea.
A batchelors chicken noodle thingy, and leftover veg chilli for dinner.
Had evening snack of 6 ryvita crackerbreads, with ham, 60g low low spread, celery and cucumber sticks and baby plum tomatoes for A and B choices.
Then had 2 frozen peanut heaven hifi bars and a Czech lager, so 7 1/2 syns if I count 1 hifi bar as my extra b, 1 for the lager and 1/2 for the dash of milk!

Had 2 Weetabix with 200ml s milk, strawberries and raspberries. got 150 ml left for tea.
Leek and asparagus soup for lunch, and eating out at Weatherspoons tonight with famalam, so I've already decided I'm having chicken and sweet chilli noodles with a salad, and diet coke.

Tomorrow, have planned, 450 g stewed rhubarb (b choice) with banana and custard muller light,
soup for lunch and roast beef dinner.
Trying to keep all my snacks superfree for the weekend, and just spending time with my family, although I've already sent a few support texts to some struggling members!
Must stop now and finish some ironing before meeting up in town later!

So, parents have gone home. Having a mega house clean this morning now kids and old man are all out. Already changed the beds, and need to tackle daughter's pit, 'cos I'm sure my ipod is lurking under all her mess.
Didn't work last night, changed my mind. Need to tackle the dreaded dla form, and if I have half a chance, to get my posters out this afternoon.

Food today is red grapefruit and navel orange. Strawberries and a cocoanut muller light. Tea.
lunch is asparagus and cabbage soup ( had to swap because had no leeks, but it tastes nearly as good)
dinner is tuna and sweetcorn with a jp and salad.

Then fruit and yogurt for night shift.

Had a curly wurly and a Yorkshire pudding yesterday made 8 1/2 syns.
Got my chocolate craving out the way, so keeping syns low for the next few days. Would like 2 lb off at weigh in to be back at target.
Right, on with the house work.
Have I ever said there aren't enough hours in the day?

Changed my dinner to pan fried salmon in garlic and ginger with new pots and salad, and it was yummy.
Don't have a night shift booked, so will get posters out and do some leaflets instead.
Also need a quiet morning to myself to fill out the dreaded dla form - the old man came home early due to rain, and I never had the chance to do it. But I did get it out the envelope and look at it properly, which is progress!

Tomorrow, have planned poached eggs and tomatoes on toast,
soup for lunch and a beef stew with roasties and loads of veg for dinner.
Then defo need to do the night shift!

Finally got the form filled out, but now feel really sad.
It's really harrowing to have to completely decimate my lovely girl's character in every way. She doesn't sound lovely on that form, yet every word is true, and it really brings it home her difficulties and how much we all have to cope with.
It took me 3 hours to complete, and I'm a wreck. Not sure I feel up to postering now. Have booked nightshift, and need to catch up on some sleep. Spent all night worrying about one of my members.
Have stuck to food plan so far, beef casserole is bubbling away gently in slow cooker, and is really tasty.

Today made me realise how much my eating habits have changed.
Before Slimming World, anything like having to fill out forms or battle with the authorities for my kids special needs, would have sent me scurrying off to the fridge for cheese, crusty loaf, biscuits orange juice, choc, and it would have been one massive binge until I'd stopped crying and telling myself I couldn't cope.
Today, although I didn't feel up to going out after posting the form and headed off to bed, I didn't seek comfort in food. I had my meals already planned, and no junk in the cupboards, so the worst I could do was pigout on grapes and cherries, but as they've made it to work with me tonight-I haven't done it!
All those realisations add up and count towards a massive sense of achievement. It may be a piddly 3 1/2 stone, but it's also taught me so much about my relationship with food and how to find better ways of coping with an over whelming sadness I have about my kids disabilities.

Feeling a bit peckish this morning.
Had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon when I got in from work.
Have chicken salad for lunch,
and dinner, I've got some sea bass. Trying to think of a tasty sauce that would go well, and I fancy some chips! Curry sauce would be great, but not sure it would go with sea bass, and I've run out of Asda chickpea dahl.
Right! I'm away to ma pit!

2 lb on grrrrrrrrrr
back out of target by a pound!
Missed lunch, overslept, so I was starving in the evening.
Sea bass was lovely, panfried with lemon grass and coriander, and added a coconut greek muller light for 1/2 a syn, and griddled asparagus and brocoli. Tasted lovely with sw chips sprinkled with garlic and herb mash.
Then ruined a good day, by nicking a bit of batter from the kids fish and chips.
Had 2 bars from Aldi, then a pot of philly choc with a fruit crunch, so 7+ syns with the batter. Not terrible but more than I normally eat before weigh in.
Was going to do postering after group, but looks like it might rain. Big black clouds!

Had another 3 new this week!
They all enjoyed the group, and although 2 didn't want to stay, I persuaded them that it was important for the first night. They said it wasn't what they expected,
and they would definitely stay in future. They are from the school, so I mentioned to them if they knew anybody else who would like to join, to bring them along.
Didn't get 25 again, but next week should be much better when they all come back off holiday.
Meeting a member to get her back on track later.
Struggling to make up my mind, between, putting poster out today or dropping leaflets. Weather looks bad for tomorrow. Need another night, as I was so tired yesterday, I couldn't face it, and had an early night.

Food, can't make up mind what plan to follow today.
Having smoked salmon, tomatoes and scrambled egg, ww wholemeal pitta with egg salad and aubergine bake for dinner. Think it could be EE! and will syn the mozzarella, or it could be green so I can have the whole portion of cheese for 2 A choices, and syn the salmon! Decisions!

Had a red day yesterday. Melon and pineapple for brekkie, ww pitta with ham, cheese and salad, and stuffed marrow with cauliflour. Lots of fruit, and 2 peanut heaven hifi's with choc philly for 9 syns, and a new toffee greek ml yogurt which is lovely. 1/2 syn and chezch lager for 1 syn. 10 1/2 syns Plus all my HE and milk for tea.

Syns- 5 for sour cream cheese spec k crisps 1 for czech lager. Lovely food day,, Ee had chips withgarlic and herb mash on and saving half of dinner for tomorrow.

This made me chuckle; was sending a member a text, and it said slumming world!
Luckily I changed it before sending, but sounds like a whole new brand to me!

Sunday, I had Weetabix and strawberries and raspberries.
Delivered 500 leaflets, before the rain started.
Had a ww pitta bread with ham and cheese in, and 1/2 a grapefruit and some grapes.
Roast pork dinner with 1 small roastie,, and made it a red day. Had some hulahoops for syns.

Off to get the posters out later after a bit of housework, and food for today is;
2 Weetabix strawberries and raspberries. 1/2 a grapefruit.
Leek and asparagus soup.
Grilled salmon, new pots and broccoli and green beans.
The old man has decided to take the day off, and now I can't get our bed changed. Doesn't he realise I'm running on a tight schedule, and this will muck it up?!!

I have just about read all of this thread now (took me a few days) and it was so interesting hearing about your journey! I am thinking about joining a group as I've been going alone from home so far - all your insight from being a target member and a consultant has been so useful. Thank you!

Alice, go for it! Join a group.
(If you grab a copy of last Tuesday's Woman mag, you can have free membership, and only have £4.95 weekly fee to pay, but last day in shops today)
Really glad this thread has helped, and well done for making a great start on your own. I've made so many new friends in my group, and they all support each other. Hope you find a really great group xx

I didn't know that about the magazine - thank you! Still not 100% certain I will ever muster up the courage to go to group but thanks for your help :)

I know how hard it is, I was exactly the same when I joined.
Nearly every member that comes to me feels the same way; but they're all there for the same reason, so you won't be on your own, and they will all know how you feel.
If you put your postcode in the main website, it will give you a list of your nearest groups, and a phone number for the consultant. So you could ring around a few, to see who gives you the best feeling. xx

Back