Kel & Lou's Weight Loss Thread, Please Join In :-)

Am still trying to catch up, but sounds like you are having a rough time Kelly, what with everything with your court case and your back and your mum too, it must be very hard to keep a brave face on things but to be honest, you seem to be the main backbone to this thread and cheer everybody else up and encourage them, so time to let us encourage and support you!!!! You have a wonderful guy in Keith and I think you should reserve your energies into your future with him for the time being and put the situation with your mum on the back-burner for now. I think thats a situation that needs you to have your head straight for before you can probably sit down with mum and sort it out, so concentrate on things that you can move forward on for now. You are a fabulous woman with everything going for you, so chin up, get a glass of water and SMILE :) (cos you're gorgeous!)

Am still trying to catch up, but sounds like you are having a rough time Kelly, what with everything with your court case and your back and your mum too, it must be very hard to keep a brave face on things but to be honest, you seem to be the main backbone to this thread and cheer everybody else up and encourage them, so time to let us encourage and support you!!!! You have a wonderful guy in Keith and I think you should reserve your energies into your future with him for the time being and put the situation with your mum on the back-burner for now. I think thats a situation that needs you to have your head straight for before you can probably sit down with mum and sort it out, so concentrate on things that you can move forward on for now. You are a fabulous woman with everything going so chin up, get a glass of water and SMILE :) cos you're gorgeous!)

Aww WOW, Thank you so much for that hun (as I wipe the tears away), you actually made me cry while I was reading that. :cry:

I know I do try to look on the bright side of things, put on a brave face & smile, I get called smiler at work so I do a good job of hiding my hurt, truth is, sometimes I just wanna sit in a dark room & cry.. (Here comes the tears again) Things just get on top of me sometimes where I cant take it anymore & I need a good cry.

Yeah your right Keith is fab, I dont know what I would of done if he wasnt in my life.
Through everything thats gone on in my life Minimins has played a big part to as the advice & support from everyone is fab.

As far as my claim, the barrister put a value on my injury, so my solicitor rang the other side & said basically how bout £14,000, they said no, so solicitor called & said how bout £12,500, so we will see.
I am fed up with it all now just want it over but I bet the greedy barstewards say no £10,000 take it or leave it, which I would take as I cant be arsed to take it to court, havent got the energy nomore.

I really need to lose weight, get back into CD 100% & lose this fatness for my health and if me loosing weight helps my neck & back, awww words cant describe how I would feel.

Decided not to e-mail my mam just at the moment as I am more angry than upset at the moment, although there is a fine line between them 2 emotions for me & our relationship, I think it depends what moods she fancies being in, this morning I gave her money for board etc & told her to cancel my lottery & she just looked through me, ARRGGHHHH.. :mad:
Last month, she said ''ok thanks''.
She pisses me off sometimes.

Right well I am off, thanks for listening again everyone & thanks for all your support & advice.

Overtiredmum - Thanks for making me cry, lol.
No seriously I think I needed it, Just needed something like that to start me off blubbing.
Cheers Babes..

xx

Hey all i got weighed yesterday and i lost 7lbs i was so shocked! yeah, thats 2stone gone now! thanks for all your support! xx i get to change my ticker! xxxx[/quote]

Well done you!!! Thats brilliant.

Ooh dont know what happenend there, that was supposed to be hufflys post quoted - Doh! Well done huffly

Hi Kelly

Remember me!

Wow your having such a rough time at the min you poor pet well im back on the wagon this morning oh joy!

so hows everyone doing today?? any weighins today?

Pinky

Welcome back!!

Hey ladies, remember me??!! Have been away awhile as been off sick for a couple of weeks and do not have access at home (which is a shame as it would have helped immensely!!). Anyway, after a few weeks of no weightloss due to antibiotics, I finally lost 4 lbs this week, which means my total is 2st and 1lbs with 14lbs to go to reach target and am totally thrilled. I need to catch up on about 3 weeks on this thread so forgive for not mentioning anyone specific, but will catch up in the next few days. Hope you are all doing OK.

Kelly - how are you doing honey??

Hello, welcome back!

Well hi to everyone else who I've not mentioned! Work been so hectic I've not had chance to come on here really, and got my last 1/4 phone bill of £107 so having to cut down on the internet use at home. SO want to get broadband, but as we are supposed to be going to Oz at some point this year we don't want to commit to a year subscription. So having to cope with crappy dial up. Kel, hope you are Ok today sweetie. Bet you are glad Lou is back, you must have really missed her.Lost 3lb this week which I am happy with, realised I hadn't updated my ticker last week so now I only have 23lb to go!!!! I'm going to Edinburgh for a few days next week, CDC told me to expect a 5 or 6lb gain if I start eating again. I'm going to try and eat well, but I want to enjoy myself and am going to have what I want while I am there, and get back into it when I get home. Feel like a blow out might do me good, but want to try and not go too overboard, as I think it might make my tummy go funny if I overindulge. Might not be around for a few day unless I get chance to pop on later today or over the weeekend. Keep good everyone and get glugging that water

Aww WOW, Thank you so much for that hun (as I wipe the tears away), you actually made me cry while I was reading that. :cry:

I know I do try to look on the bright side of things, put on a brave face & smile, I get called smiler at work so I do a good job of hiding my hurt, truth is, sometimes I just wanna sit in a dark room & cry.. (Here comes the tears again) Things just get on top of me sometimes where I cant take it anymore & I need a good cry.

Yeah your right Keith is fab, I dont know what I would of done if he wasnt in my life.
Through everything thats gone on in my life Minimins has played a big part to as the advice & support from everyone is fab.

As far as my claim, the barrister put a value on my injury, so my solicitor rang the other side & said basically how bout £14,000, they said no, so solicitor called & said how bout £12,500, so we will see.
I am fed up with it all now just want it over but I bet the greedy barstewards say no £10,000 take it or leave it, which I would take as I cant be arsed to take it to court, havent got the energy nomore.

I really need to lose weight, get back into CD 100% & lose this fatness for my health and if me loosing weight helps my neck & back, awww words cant describe how I would feel.

Decided not to e-mail my mam just at the moment as I am more angry than upset at the moment, although there is a fine line between them 2 emotions for me & our relationship, I think it depends what moods she fancies being in, this morning I gave her money for board etc & told her to cancel my lottery & she just looked through me, ARRGGHHHH.. :mad:
Last month, she said ''ok thanks''.
She pisses me off sometimes.

Right well I am off, thanks for listening again everyone & thanks for all your support & advice.

Overtiredmum - Thanks for making me cry, lol.
No seriously I think I needed it, Just needed something like that to start me off blubbing.
Cheers Babes..

xx

Hi Kelly

I am so sorry, I really never meant to make you cry, I was trying to cheer you up and give you some support!! Failed miserably :cry: I know what you mean though, sometimes its good to just let it all out..... hope you have a good weekend. A x

Everyone's gone again!!!!!!

I have been crap still not back on track, re-startng after easter weekend so probably tuesday/wednesday as i am out on the lash sunday!!!!

Have shakes to re-start wand then need to keep plugging away...

Must loose weight for May for my busy social life lol x x x

Hiya Guys, ;)

Haven't been on for a few days so well done to people who have lost weight & Huffly dont beat yaself up over not loosing..

Our thread seems quite quiet these days?

Have to say my diet has been crap over easter, got quite a bit of chocolate for easter so back to square 1 after easter hols.. God I am sick of this.. :mad:

I am off work all this week with Keith so will have to try & not be tempted to eat out, we are going to start the ball rolling with getting a house & a mortgage, so a few trips to the bank & estate agents will be happening..

Quite excited but very scared as I have never had any experience & havent a clue what goes on when you want a mortgage, that may sound weird to you all but I think Keith will be doing most of the talking, lol..

We are going to have a joint bank account too, Now thats COMMITMENT for ya, lol..

So prob wont be on for a few days, So good luck with all WI next week, I have decided to get weighed tomorrow as I need to know what damage I have done. :ashamed0005:

Nite Nite For Now me gorgeous Buddies..

xx

Hello everyone, I'm back!!! Its been v quiet on here, only took me 2 mins to catch up!!!! Well, back onto CD today, have been naughty and had the whole week off, it was just going to be while I was in Edinburgh. I have so missed food, and it was heaven feeling normal, going to restaurants and eating. I don't to go back to shakes but needs must. Hoping another 4 weeks and then I can start working my way up the steps. Edinburgh was brilliant, did loads of walking and sight seeing. Hot weighed last night and think I have put on 3-4 lbs which I can live with. Back on track today, had a bar and half my water so just hoping I can make it through today!!!!

Hello everyone, I'm back!!! Its been v quiet on here, only took me 2 mins to catch up!!!! Well, back onto CD today, have been naughty and had the whole week off, it was just going to be while I was in Edinburgh. I have so missed food, and it was heaven feeling normal, going to restaurants and eating. I don't to go back to shakes but needs must. Hoping another 4 weeks and then I can start working my way up the steps. Edinburgh was brilliant, did loads of walking and sight seeing. Hot weighed last night and think I have put on 3-4 lbs which I can live with. Back on track today, had a bar and half my water so just hoping I can make it through today!!!!

Hiya Hun.

Well I am so pleased you had a fab time at Edinburgh, You will soon shift the 3-4lbs.

Its nice having a break but I think its so much harder to get back on track, (Or is that just me) lol..

XX

Well haven't a clue whats going on with this thread lately, WHERE HAS EVERYONE GONE??? :eek:

I have been off this week, Cant believe its now Thursday, Its flew over, :mad: I was having Easter off CD which has led to another day off & another day off, ( I am boring myself now). Why do I keep putting it off, I dont know, but I know I have to do something, I feel so fat at the moment, doesnt help its nearly TOTM, but I have to sort my head out & get my arse into gear.

We havent done much this week really, We went to see a Mortgage Advisor, He was lovely, we were there for about an hour, Most of the time Him & Keith talked about cars, :blahblah: BORING.... But I liked him as he was proffessional but we had a bit of banter, I felt at ease coz to be honest I was a little nervous as I havent a clue when it comes to a mortgage.. :doh:

So I am glad we went to see him 1st as we were going to make appointments with all the banks but going to him 1st as saved us all that time as he will find us the best deal, So at least we have started the ball rolling..

We are at the Abbey on Friday Morning has we are going to open a joint bank account,, Oooohhhhh.. Exciting.
Big step for me, That means COMMITTMENT, lol..

I am on here quite late I know but I am trying to get me eyes tired so I fall straight to sleep.

Havent done much else really..

Oh had word from my solicitor today, she put £12,500 to them, they have come back with £11,000,(which is crap considering everything I have gone through & have to go through in the future) but I think I am going to take it anyway,

I have 2 options - either take the money & 'try' & forget all about it, bit hard though considering I am left with an injury for the rest of my life ..... :mad:

Or - Have a conference with the barrister which means I have to meet him at Liverpool so he can decide whether its worth going to court or not,
If he says yes then its the chance I take as the other side have put a quote on my injury claim as being £6,500, the barrister has said its worth more at least £7,000 - £7,500, so there is only a grand difference,
So on a Negative side, I can take it to court as the other side as offered me £11,000, if the court says I should be awarded £11,000 or less, then I have lost & I have to pay mine & the other sides costs which could be thousands, so I could lose all the money & the past 4yrs could be for nothing, but anything more than £11,000 is a bonus, but I cant see them awarding me much more than that,
I honestly dont think I am strong enough for court anyway, I talk about my accident & injury I get upset, :ashamed0005:
I dont think its gonna be worth all the upset & going over things again.

You never know, my next trip to hospital is in 2 weeks, he may come up with trying something that could help, these patches are helping with the pain better than all the drugs I was popping & 'WHEN' I lose some weight it may take the strain off my back as I know the extra weight wont be helping things.

Its 1am, I will have to go to bed soon, lol..
I am just typing to pass the time, bet you have all nodded off by now, lol,,
I do talk about crap, you should know me by now..;)

Right off to bed, Come on girlies get posting, I have missed everyone!!!

XX

:nightf:

LOU - WHERE ARE YOU, GET YOUR ARSE BACK ON HERE, YOUR BACK OFF YOUR JOLLIES NOW - NO EXCUSES!!

START POSTING AGAIN... lol

:character00148:​

Hiya Kel, ooh exciting news about the mortgage. I went through a mortgage adviser and she is brilliant, its so much easier then doing it through banks. Then you can get a good deal, and mine filled all my forms in and sorted Life and house insurance out too!! It is very exciting, and daunting too. I know when I moved in with my OH, we went to look at a house, he was going to buy on his own to start with and then we ended up deciding to buy together. I laid awake that night wondering if I had done the right thing, as it seems like so much money. But I loved my house so much, and it was great moving in together. Nightmare about the solicitor etc, its such a difficult position to be in. Someone I worked with fell over a kerb outside a shop and broke both her ankles. She is in pain still from it, and I am sure they settled out of court and got about £30k. Your offer doesn't seem a lot to me compared to that, and you hear of people with whiplash getting thousands. I wish you luck with which ever way you decide to go.

Me again, been a bit naughty and keep popping on the scales. They had gone up last night so now I am scared that I have put on more than I thought. Not back in 'K' yet, but I have eaten peanuts last night - NAUGHTY NAUGHTY. I feel so less motivated than I did before, which is annoying as I hopefully only have a month or so of SSing left to go.

Hi all, finally had time to have a read through and catch up!!

Ooooo Kelly, the big C word!!!!! Well, all I can say is its about time!! It is a daunting time but its also very exciting and the start of a very exciting life, I am chuffed to bits for you!!

Bobbins, thanks for the message, as I said I haven't been around much cos I don't have access at home, only at work, and had been off for a couple of weeks with tonsilitis, and then had a week off over Easter!

Had my Week 9 weigh-in today and have now lost a total of 33lbs!! Woohoo I can't believe it, am feeling fantastic. I went shopping Tuesday for some new trousers for work cos my size 16s are wayyyyyyy too baggy and they look ridiculous. I picked up a paid in Next and thought "no way, they are tiny, they will never fit me". OMG!! They were a perfect fit!! Its odd but I know I have lost the weight and my whole body shape has changed, but it hasn't seemed to register in my head, still think of myself as a 16/18 and still pick up that size hangers when looking for clothes. Is it me, or do you all feel the same? I have a massive space in my wardrobe, which seems to be growing by the day of clothes I just can't wear anymore, and am rather gutted that all the nice brand new summer clothes I brought last year for our holidays no longer fit. What am I going to do with a load of size 16 skirts, trousers, dresses and tops??????

So, my CDC thinks its time for me to move up to the next stage, which is 1000 for me. I am 10lbs from my target weight. I am finding CD abit financially draining but am not ready to give it up yet cos its the best diet ever.

Anyway, enough babbling from me, you are all doing really well, keep it up!!:party0019:

Hi everyone!
OM - well done on getting to 33lbs, thats fantastic. And 10lb from target, lucky you!!!
H - stick with it girl, not far to go now!!
Kel - hope you are having a good weekend, no doubt see you on here next week

Well, I don't think I am back in K yet - forgot to test my first wee of the day, did it on my second but it didn't show. So will try again tomorrow, I must be there by now!! Back on SS, having my 3l water a day which is good, but peeing so much more at the minute. Not sure if its TOTM doing it.

Been into town today and bought a fish recipe book from a Charity Shop - I was wandering past dilly dallying along and saw it in the window. I really want to eat more fish when I get back to eating but don;t really know how to cook it. The recipes look lovely, so wanting to get this bloody weight off so I can start eating again!! As you can see from my ticker I put on 2lb in 2 weeks, which I am happy with as I expected it to be more after a week off CD. Hoping for 4 this week which will get me to 2 1/2 stone, with 1 1/2 to go.

I am happy about losing weight, but I remember from before that I had all saggy bits that I hated - really wobbly, cellulity legs, wobbly tum, bingo wings and saggy boobs and I hate it. I was looking at some pics of Porgeous and she looks all nice and toned, I just worry that even exercise won't help and I will be as unhappy being thin as being fat, but just for different reasons. I want to be happy enough wth my body to go swimming but I don;t think that will ever happen.

Enough waffling, gonna go and write my diary page with all this

Have a good weekend y'all!!!

Hi everyone!
OM - well done on getting to 33lbs, thats fantastic. And 10lb from target, lucky you!!!
H - stick with it girl, not far to go now!!
Kel - hope you are having a good weekend, no doubt see you on here next week

Well, I don't think I am back in K yet - forgot to test my first wee of the day, did it on my second but it didn't show. So will try again tomorrow, I must be there by now!! Back on SS, having my 3l water a day which is good, but peeing so much more at the minute. Not sure if its TOTM doing it.

Been into town today and bought a fish recipe book from a Charity Shop - I was wandering past dilly dallying along and saw it in the window. I really want to eat more fish when I get back to eating but don;t really know how to cook it. The recipes look lovely, so wanting to get this bloody weight off so I can start eating again!! As you can see from my ticker I put on 2lb in 2 weeks, which I am happy with as I expected it to be more after a week off CD. Hoping for 4 this week which will get me to 2 1/2 stone, with 1 1/2 to go.

I am happy about losing weight, but I remember from before that I had all saggy bits that I hated - really wobbly, cellulity legs, wobbly tum, bingo wings and saggy boobs and I hate it. I was looking at some pics of Porgeous and she looks all nice and toned, I just worry that even exercise won't help and I will be as unhappy being thin as being fat, but just for different reasons. I want to be happy enough wth my body to go swimming but I don;t think that will ever happen.

Enough waffling, gonna go and write my diary page with all this

Have a good weekend y'all!!!

Hey sugar, you're doing so well, don't feel disheartened. I am pretty much the same and just can't get my head into the exercise side as yet! I know I need to and with my son nearly 3 and I still have my jelly belly, I know I need to be exercising to help shift it but just seem to have the attitude "but hey I am losign weight without exercising, I don't need to be getting all hot and sweaty.............". I must try harder.

Can't believe its Sunday, its sunny and I am stuck here at work til 7pm tonight, so feel free to chat to me to keep me sane............. :D

Kel i hope you get justice, it doesn't seem fair when bad things happen to good people.
OTM, i feel like that, i went to see some university friends over the weekend and they could believe how much weight i lost then one of them showed me a picture form 2 months ago and i couldn't believe how big i was. i was like, why didn't anyone tell me i had become so big, lol.
you'll get a great house kel, it really is the right thing, i wish i could afford to buy a house, maybe in a few years when ive saved enough for a deposit, Ha! yeah right!

Hi everyone!
Kel - hope you are having a good weekend, no doubt see you on here next wee

Hi all, finally had time to have a read through and catch up!!
Ooooo Kelly, the big C word!!!!! Well, all I can say is its about time!! It is a daunting time but its also very exciting and the start of a very exciting life, I am chuffed to bits for you!!
Had my Week 9 weigh-in today and have now lost a total of 33lbs!! Woohoo I can't believe it, am feeling fantastic. I went shopping Tuesday for some new trousers for work cos my size 16s are wayyyyyyy too baggy and they look ridiculous. I picked up a paid in Next and thought "no way, they are tiny, they will never fit me". OMG!! They were a perfect fit!! Its odd but I know I have lost the weight and my whole body shape has changed, but it hasn't seemed to register in my head, still think of myself as a 16/18 and still pick up that size hangers when looking for clothes. Is it me, or do you all feel the same? I have a massive space in my wardrobe, which seems to be growing by the day of clothes I just can't wear anymore, and am rather gutted that all the nice brand new summer clothes I brought last year for our holidays no longer fit. What am I going to do with a load of size 16 skirts, trousers, dresses and tops??????

Hiya Guys, ;)

You are all doing Fab.

Bobbin, Well done on only a 2lb gain, That can be shifted in no time!
I agree, Porgeous looks fab, she has lost so much weight!!

Overtiredmum, you have done fantastic 33lbs, WOW.
How much water are you drinking daily hun?

Hufflybug, Look how far you have come I bet seeing that photo of yourself spurred you on even more..
You go girl!

Back